PDA

View Full Version : FF remastered?

blue_midget192
10-27-2003, 10:26 PM
do u think square should remaster all the FF games up to PS2 quality? also how long would this take/is it possible? i know theve sortta rematered ff's 1,2,4, and 5 on to ps1 but would this be possible?

black orb
10-28-2003, 02:24 AM
>>> I think the games are fine how they are..

Pancaek
10-28-2003, 03:30 AM
God no. The oldschool charm is a big reason why I like the old FF's.

Breine
10-28-2003, 10:11 AM
I agree with Skye-chan about the old games... But I think it could be exciting to see games like FF8 and FF9 in PS2 graphics etc...

TheAbominatrix
10-28-2003, 10:24 AM
I love the games how they are, but I would love to see them in these beautiful new graphics. The facial expressions and the voice acting convey so much more emotion than the old graphics and text could, and seeing the chacters in extreme detail would be a dream come true.

If there's any games that truly NEED it, it would be VII and VIII, because the graphics are just ugly. The SNES games had a timeless quality about their graphics, and the sprites fit with their evironments. In the PS1 games, particularily VII, the characters look terribly out of place and blocky in normal gameplay.

eternalshiva
10-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
If there's any games that truly NEED it, it would be VII and VIII, because the graphics are just ugly. [...] In the PS1 games, particularily VII, the characters look terribly out of place and blocky in normal gameplay.

*nods*

But it would be a colossal waste of time for Square just to perfect something that was out of their control... I think FFVIII REALLY needs it, I think they tried to pull the old FFX on it but it turned out kinda freaky :love:

MagicKnight Locke
10-30-2003, 11:02 AM
they should start making ff3j for ps then think of something like ps2 quality

The Man
10-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
If there's any games that truly NEED it, it would be VII and VIII, because the graphics are just ugly. The SNES games had a timeless quality about their graphics, and the sprites fit with their evironments. In the PS1 games, particularily VII, the characters look terribly out of place and blocky in normal gameplay. yes.

apart from these two games, I really don't think any of them need it. FFIX actually looks *better* than FFX to my eyes, but that's probably just because Amano did it. And the original games are fine as they are, although I'd eventually like to see them remake FF3j because it hasn't seen a stateside release yet.

Nait
10-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Sure. A face-lift couldn't do any harm, now could it?

i90east
10-31-2003, 01:42 AM
Redoing all the games would be a daunting task. It would probably be best to remake the games over a period of 6-10 years, so that deadlines won't have too much of a negative effect on quality. I would pay $500 for a remade version of FF6, $200 for FF4 and $100 for FF7, if the remakes were done right with a high level of quality :)

2D graphics are classic yes, but it would be great to see the old games in 3D. For those who voted no, how would it hurt? If you wouldn't like the new renditions, you just wouldn't play them. It's that simple :)

The Man
10-31-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by i90east
I would pay $500 for a remade version of FF6, $200 for FF4 and $100 for FF7, if the remakes were done right with a high level of quality :)I wouldn't. Hell, I wouldn't even pay $100 for freaking Suikoden II, shows you what I'd do for a bunch of games I've already played

muchacho
10-31-2003, 03:49 AM
i like the game as is, it would be the same seeing cecil or kain in 3-D.

sephiroth21
11-08-2003, 11:21 PM
if, out of any of them, ff 7 would need it most. if they made ff7 in ps2 grafic and kept the same story, then even i would paty $50.00 for it

:chop:

Cz
11-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by i90east
For those who voted no, how would it hurt?

Working on nine different upgrades would be bound to take a while. For those of us who'd like to see FFXII sooner, rather than later, it's a bad use of time.

ZeZipster
11-10-2003, 02:32 AM
I don't like it Square molests their own master pieces. Keep the classics the classics. If they remade them, it'd be like making a book in to a movie, they'd take away the imagination (of voices and for lower quality games maybe even looks). I personally adjust to bad graphics even extremely bad graphics like square hands.