PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed this? *spoilers*

eternalshiva
10-28-2003, 09:28 AM
I'm not really sure where this would go ... you'll see in a sec...

When AVALANCHE meets in the basement of Tifa's, on the TV where the newsman announces the explosion of the reactor, the sign next to his head says SIN. Not Shinra or anything else that would make any logical sense but SIN, like FFX Sin.

Do you think that the games foreshadow others that would evantually come out? I know they make the Cloud joke through out *ok MOST* of the newer series so does anyone else think its just a fluke or it was put there to foreshadow FFX?

Just wondering ... Personnally I think its a fluke but my husband and I were talking about it last night and I just want to hear your thoughts on it.

*He won the arguement, he just got too annoying*

NM
10-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Could stand for Shinra Information Network. Or anything like that.

I doubt it has anything to do with FFX.

Most films if they have a news segment in it's always very similar to CNN so maybe SIN is like the name of a Japanese news channel or something.

eternalshiva
10-28-2003, 11:52 AM
ahh that makes more sense

The Man
10-28-2003, 06:46 PM
I'd always been wondering about that myself. Having it be an acronym for something does make a lot more sense.

MJN SEIFER
10-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Shinra was Origanally Shin-Ra then it got changed to Shinra INC then Just Shinra

But seeing as that news screen was created early on It could mean "Shinra INC News"

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-28-2003, 10:22 PM
The official name is Shin-Ra Electric Power Company (SEC), Incorporated.

Xander
10-28-2003, 10:31 PM
I thought I saw something like that in FFVIII, I'm sure it said "Auron" somewhere. Although it was probably my imagination :p
I doubt they would really put things in like that..it would be cool but..nah. Not on purpose anyway. But fans like us look too much into everything like that ;)

zacks_clone
10-29-2003, 01:08 AM
Im not sure.Many say that the 'face'(or dirt,rust,whatever) on the Gold Saucer sign looks like Rinoa from the game to follow.Perhaps it was.

eternalshiva
10-29-2003, 09:33 AM
Wee! So I'm not insane >.< I never noticed the dirt thing with Riona. Considering they probably have all these games planned out years in advanced they could of planned it out to have little hints in the games just to be fun and drive most of us crazy. But you are right, most fans read too much into it.

TheAbominatrix
10-29-2003, 10:03 AM
From what I remember reading in a gaming mag at the time, I believe they were working on VII and VIII at the same time, but I don't know the level of work they were doing on both. Or maybe it was VIII and IX? Whichever. Anyway, as for the whole SIN thing, it's probably ShinRa Information Network, as was mentioned, and may not have anything to do with Sin from X. But if it did, they wouldnt neccesarily have to have been working on X at the time, ya know? It may not have been a refrence with VII was made, but they could have referenced VII in X like that... am I saying this so it makes sense? It's like all the references in IX. They werent thinking of IX when they made all the games it references, they were just paying tribute. Yeah! :D I confused myself!

herzasche
10-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Unfortannly FF7 was full of little spelling errors and stuff that makes dont make sence if u look really closly. so i think it may be totaly by chance that the Word Sin Is there.

The Man
10-29-2003, 05:45 PM
It's highly doubtful that it's by chance, since "SIN" is actually part of the art of the area. Typoes in the script itself are common, yes, but I think Square would have the artists spell-check things carefully before going in and making actual art.

Of course, that's just one man's opinion.

Sophronia
10-29-2003, 06:39 PM
I think it foreshadows final fantasy X for 3 reasons, they are:

1. It says SIN in big letters
2. The newreader looks like an al bhed
3. The big ball thing in the background looks like sin at the beginning of final fantasy X

MJN SEIFER
10-29-2003, 07:37 PM
1: Probably Coincidence (But I wish it weren't)

2: Looks like a Platformer to me...

3: The Ball is the Bomb from earlier

Gregory
10-29-2003, 09:13 PM
Maybe Rinoa was based on that character... Ya think? Well, it's a network name, whatever it is. FFX foreshadow my @$$. And why does it have many glitches in FF7? Does it really affect the whole game in any way? Or is it one of those things meant to throw off the player? It didn't throw me off.

blue_midget192
10-29-2003, 10:19 PM
yea my mate noticed that, i thought it was just Shinra Information Network also, but i dint pay much more attention to it than that. i do think gammers read to much into typos/mistakes etc in games. crazy people :)

Xander
10-29-2003, 10:49 PM
That reminded me of something, is it just me or in the train at the beginning when Jessie shows Cloud the computer, it looks like it says "Playstation" kinda. I know this isn't really about fore-shadowing other games but still, is it meant to say Playstation?

zacks_clone
10-29-2003, 11:46 PM
stuff like the playstation thing i think ment to tie it to the actual world.to give gamers somthing to look at and say 'oh,cool'

SeanFThomas
10-29-2003, 11:49 PM
No, no, no, no, no. FFX wasn't even THOUGHT of during FFVII. If you plug FFX in, one of the screens you see says "The Final Fantasy X Project." Notice the years. FFVII came out in 1997.

herzasche
10-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Another possiblity is that the orginal game was written in japaniess and woud have to have been translated. so it could be just a resalut of bad translation from one language to the next. witch can be very esay.

TheAbominatrix
10-30-2003, 10:36 AM
It's also very possible that that is the original text. In Japanese media forms they like to write and say things in English. Just listen to some Japanese music or watch an anime (particularily Sailormoon, the animators liked to write in the characters names and other little easter eggs, in English, on the sides of buildings or in magazines in the show.)

eternalshiva
10-30-2003, 10:42 AM
Point taken.

SIN is most likely in orignial text, it is true that Japanese like to say stuff in english mixed in with their language *thinks of X/1999 theme song and Sailor Moon transformation themes*

It was just a curious notice >.< Don't get upset ;p