PDA

View Full Version : Servers, World Passes and the like.

Endymion
10-30-2003, 06:34 AM
Hey everyone,

Well FFXI is installed and all set up, I'm waiting to create my character until my friend is set to create his. We'll both likely end up seperated, and we all know about World Passes except apparently they're good for FIVE characters, not just one as was previously believed (by me anyway) so that simplifies matters, since up to 5 people can use each pass. Now, is there a particular server any of you are trying to gather on? If so what is it? Also is anyone willing to help my friend and I by giving us 2 of your 5 worldpass "slots" so we can join you on the same server? If it helps, I'll be a White Mage, so hopefully I'll be useful to someone at some point ;) I'm not sure if there's a particular thread for this but it seems all the World Pass threads are old and out of date, so I thought I'd start one. Let's see if we can all agree on a reasonably uncrowded server for all of us to start migrating to, before we develop our characters too far.

Endy

Baloki
10-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Well, I've heard world passes are worth the value of 6 characters because that is the max party size. It is supposed to allow players who have 5 friends who want to be in the same party (and take over the world, yada, yada) to be in the same server, but also remember if you sign up at the same time you should end up on the same server anyway, but if you don't just provide your world pass to a friend and they can 'jump' to your server (although they will probably suffer some kind of stats fall).

Hope that helps, if not I will be back, mwhahahahahahahaha, :choc:Baloki:choc:

Endymion
10-30-2003, 11:09 AM
Well, I guess 5 friends would equal 6 yes. It doesn't allow anyone to "Jump" though, it must be a new character creation (so you'd have to delete the one you have, or get another content ID and recreate). it's possible we may end up on the same server anyway, but I'm mostly wondering if EyesonFF has a preferred server and/or a way to help us get there? since I won't want to recreate when I begin really levelling.

Endy.

Baloki
10-30-2003, 11:23 AM
It was something about there being a special gate way you had to find to jump. At the end of the map or something...

Endymion
10-30-2003, 11:33 AM
There are the NPC world shifters, but those are only active if a server is basically full, and you can't choose where to go, only that it tells you beforehand where it's going to send you. Those aren't active that often.

Endy