PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest V remake

Flying Mullet
10-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Square-Enix is remaking Dragon Quest V for the PS2!

I know that a lot of people here don't care for the Dragon Quest series but I think that this is sweet news. Total goodness.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2003/102803a.html

The Man
10-30-2003, 06:05 PM
Dragon Quest is a Square Enix series, y'no, so shouldn't this be in General Square Enix? ;)

and I'm glad they're remaking this, since they didn't bother releasing DQ5 or DQ6 in the States, as far as I know :-[

Flying Mullet
10-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Dragon Quest is a Square Enix series, y'no, so shouldn't this be in General Square Enix? ;)
True, I'm not used to Enix games being Square-Enix yet.

I'm glad they're remaking this, since they didn't bother releasing DQ5 or DQ6 in the States, as far as I know :-[
Yeah, I hope they release the remake outside of Japan. The story says that no mention of a release outside of Japan has been made but it's likely that it will be released outside of Japan.

The Man
10-30-2003, 06:16 PM
well, generally when you remake a game you'll want to release it to the widest audience possible since it seems things like this have more limited appeal than actual new releases :-[

Flying Mullet
10-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Deathjester
well, generally when you remake a game you'll want to release it to the widest audience possible since it seems things like this have more limited appeal than actual new releases :-[
I completely agree, Let's just hope that Square-Enix does too(although I think they will).

The Man
10-30-2003, 06:18 PM
let's also hope they don't censor it to bits as they're apparently planning to do with ffx-2

Outsider
10-30-2003, 06:19 PM
But I think it's a great idea to remake it... Even though I never played it...

I only played DW1 and DW4 (it's the same series, right?)

Flying Mullet
10-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Yepper. They called it "Dragon Quest" in Japan and "Dragon Warrior" in the US.

The Man
10-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure they called a lot of the US rereleases "Dragon Quest," but it was originally titled "Dragon Warrior" when it came out over here.

Flying Mullet
10-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure they called a lot of the US rereleases "Dragon Quest," but it was originally titled "Dragon Warrior" when it came out over here.
I don't know of any US releases that are called "Dragon Quest". Even Dragon Warrior VII was "Warrior" and that was released only a couple of years ago. The rereleases on Game Boy are "Warrior" as well.

The Man
10-30-2003, 06:28 PM
odd... I've heard of a lot of people referring to the game boy remakes as being specifically titled "Dragon Quest," but maybe they were mistaken or something. Or maybe I was. I wouldn't know for sure; the only DW/DQ game I actually own is the first one :-[

Flying Mullet
10-30-2003, 06:33 PM
People might have imported them or such, or perhaps they're just calling the Dragon Quest now, just like we call FFII IV and FFIII VI. I checked the two game boy remakes I have and they are Dragon Warrior. Who knows. *shrug*

The Man
10-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
perhaps they're just calling the Dragon Quest now, just like we call FFII IV and FFIII VI.That's probably it, actually. *nods*

Flying Mullet
10-30-2003, 06:36 PM
That's probably it, actually. *nods*
And they would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids and thier dog.

Another mystery solved. :)

Dignified Pauper
11-01-2003, 01:28 PM
About releasing it in America, when Enix remade DQ4 for PS (possible the BEST DW) they cancelled the english release of it. So who knows, i think they need to bring that to America as it is the best one of the series.

Flying Mullet
11-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Indelacio
About releasing it in America, when Enix remade DQ4 for PS (possible the BEST DW) they cancelled the english release of it. So who knows, i think they need to bring that to America as it is the best one of the series.
I thought that they cancelled the PSX DQ4 remake altogether?

Chzn8r
11-02-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
I thought that they cancelled the PSX DQ4 remake altogether?

That they did.