PDA

View Full Version : SAVING CHARACTERS!!!

matos1016
10-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Ok, let's say you play for a long time and you get your character at a really high level. But then inevidably, you stop playing FFXI for whatever reason (College, Work, finances, or what have you...) for an extended period of time. Playonline deletes your character after 3 months of being inactve and there is no way to get it back. Is it impossible to save your character to your hard drive or perhaps a disk so you can come back and use it at a later time? I would hate to have to start from the begining all over again if in 2 or 3 years from now I feel like playing. Although I fear the answer is no, I still think I should ask.

MecaKane
10-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Definitly not, you could just hack the crap out of it and then come back and cheat you way to whatever the hell the point of the game is.

BatChao
10-31-2003, 12:34 AM
As long as you continue paying for the service, your character won't get deleted. So if it's that important to you, you can just keep paying even if you're not playing.

Lionx
10-31-2003, 02:43 AM
Just delete your content ID, if you dont delete your char it will still be there, but if you just delete your ID, your char stays and you can play again after u purchase another one.

Shayo
11-18-2003, 10:57 PM
are u able to save ur game tho? like if i die where would i start?

Flying Mullet
11-18-2003, 11:03 PM
The game is always saving your progress behind the scenes, so you never specify to save. If you die then you go back to your home point.