PDA

View Full Version : Help getting past FMV please

the_brainaic
10-30-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm at the FMV with Bugenhagen in the Cosmo Canyon, and the game freezes every single time I start the FMV sequence. Please could someone help me by downloading the save file, watching the FMv, and then saving again. The save file is at www.freewebs.com/the_brainaic/save00.ff7
Whoever does this for me, could you email it to the_brainaic@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot!

The Man
10-30-2003, 07:53 PM
If you take out the disc in the middle of playing the FMV and then hit the Playstation, that usually ends up working. I wound up playing FFIX without watching a single FMV on disc one, because every single one of the damn things caused the game to freeze up eventually.

the_brainaic
10-30-2003, 07:57 PM
I didn't know to mention it or not, but as you thought I'm using a Playstation I'll say now that I'm playing this on a PC. Thanks.

Edit: no need to do it now, someone else from another forum has done it.. Thanks for reading all the same though.

The Man
10-30-2003, 08:15 PM
bah, i wasn't sure if you were playing on PC or Playstation, although I figured you were using a PC, actually, since you had a save file. It should work either way though; hitting the PC and hitting the playstation would be done for the same reason ;)

but it looks like you've sorted it anyway; you just might want to note that for future reference (i.e. if you're replaying or another FMV ends up not working or something).

MagicKnight Locke
10-30-2003, 08:37 PM
i had the same problem with the weapons release scene.
I tried with lots of things but i think screen resolution was one of them i think