PDA

View Full Version : My Travels

Ouch!
10-31-2003, 03:35 AM
As follows will be a collection of my journals. This is hosted at the WLA's new main site, so anyone who feels like they may wish to join and will be starting in Windurst, please do.

We are on the Midgardsormr server. If you need a world pass, talk to me or Krystic, we'll work it out.

Please excuse the format, there's something wrong right now.

http://teamwa.no-ip.com/modules.php?name=Journal&file=display&jid=1

Oddious
10-31-2003, 03:52 AM
great journal man keep it comeing.....

Ouch!
11-02-2003, 04:07 AM
This issue of my journal contains spoilers on the first two missions involving the ruins in Sarutabaruta. If you do not wish to have this spoiled for you, please skip ahead to my next journal.

Journal 2

Today I returned to try to go to the tower that I had heard of the previous day. Supposedly the a minister of magical arts had gone to study the ruins because they once contained ancient magic that the Star Sybil, the goddess of Windurst, had forbidden. The only War Warlock to ever use this magic died and nobody had seen its work sense.

I attempted to make my way towards the tower but found hoards of aggressive monsters blocking my path. Ignorant of their power I attempted to engage in combat. I was dispatched easily and when I returned to Windurst I decided that if I were to attempt this mission, I would have to gain strength.

I began to train against the monsters in both east and west Sarutabaruta, and found that new strength came to me easily. With stone and blind I ravaged beasts until I grew in strength yet again. I decided I was ready for the tower and I grouped with another mage, like myself, and we set out for the tower.

In the ruins I found many strange spherical gizmos. Other adventurers in the ruins directed me to a cracked wall that opened into a door. I followed the path to another large doorway. I stepped inside to catch the end of a feud between the minister and his sister. Apparently he is trying to awaken the magic that the tower had once charged, the magic that the Star Sybil had forbidden the Windurstians to use, so that he could use it to defend Windurst in the upcoming war.

After his sister ran out, I was instructed to find a broken mana orb. After searching the spherical gizmos again, I found it and returned it to the harbor so it could be inspected. I then went back to the gate guards and received the second part of the quest. It was very similar, I had to travel to similar ruins and place dark mana orbs in the spherical gizmos there, turn the tower’s energy on to power them, collect them and then return so that they may be used as the hearts of the cardions.

It was much the same and an easy quest overall. I let the other adventures exploring the ruins be distractions as I ran past all the monsters. I didn’t have to fight once and I made it out with the charged mana orbs easily. But outside I was ambushed by ace cardions! They’re cardions that escaped after the war and went wild! They steal mana orbs and use them to refuel their dying breathren. But the minister told me that they must have a mage to use the mana orbs, otherwise they’re useless. That began to make me wonder.

I continued to train until I was of ability to learn the water spell. I can now use water and stone together to wipe out almost any foe. My powers have grown strong but my journey has just begun.