PDA

View Full Version : Divx crashing Explorer

MecaKane
10-31-2003, 05:05 AM
Whenever I click on Divx 5 encoded files while the preview window on the side, for winxp, loads up Explorer crashes and the task bar clears and loads up again.
It started when I got Windows Media Classic. It's really good mostly, so I dun wanna get rid of it. >_>

Know a way to fix it?

The Man
10-31-2003, 05:12 AM
www.mozilla.org

Yamaneko
10-31-2003, 06:26 AM
I think he's talking about explorer.exe, not iexplorer.exe.

http://www.quellicheilpc.com/stats/download.php?id=1

...allows you to play divx movies and many other file types without the need of another player. It'll install itself on Windows Media Player.

crono_logical
10-31-2003, 07:02 AM
It's probably some strange codec you've got installed and not Media Player Classic itself. This'll definitely be the case if you know it does this only for DivX files and not other files e.g. XVID. I'd uninstall DivX codecs and get ffdshow from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ instead for DivX playback - it's more stable for me. It get's loaded by Media Player Classic if it needs to be, so you don't hav to get rid of MPC for this.

The Man
10-31-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
I think he's talking about explorer.exe, not iexplorer.exe. I thought they were the same in XP. But never mind me, then. :choc:

crono_logical
10-31-2003, 07:00 PM
If you wanna be technical, iexplorer.exe doesn't even exist as part of Windows, it's iexplore.exe :p

Yamaneko
11-01-2003, 01:40 AM
I never use IE, so I wouldn't know. :D

crono_logical
11-01-2003, 01:41 AM
A wise choice too :D

MecaKane
11-01-2003, 07:10 PM
It was ffdshow, I think.
I already had it installed, and when I uninstalled Divx it was still happening, so I uninstalled ffdshow, and it worked. I still had DirectShow installed, so now it works all good, yay.

EDIT: But now the videos aren't playing as good. D:
Maybe it was just that version I had. *gets new*

EDIT AGAIN: Yes, it was. Fantastic. :D