PDA

View Full Version : Ever wondered...?

TheSpoonyBard
10-31-2003, 12:57 PM
Has anyone ever wondered where the characters disappear to when a summon/GF/eidolon is called in battle? They just vanish! This is explained better in FFX as you can see the characters running off the battle area, but in FF 7-9 there is no indication as to where they go. Any ideas?

HOOTERS
10-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Nah.

EDIT: Actually it's worse explained in FFX, because if you summon while members of your party are unconscious they get up and run off anyway.

Xander
10-31-2003, 02:00 PM
No I can't say I've wondered much actually :p It's just one of those unrealistic game things, which doesn't bother me that much... I guess I think they are there but the focus is on the summon monster so they just get out the way to let it do it's stuff. Or something :p

Kawaii Ryûkishi
10-31-2003, 05:14 PM
They teleported to the Village of Genjû from FFIV and drank tiny cups of water like marathon runners so they could be refreshed for their return a moment later.

Of course, in recent years, Genjû like Eden have given them enough time to reapply their makeup play some card games, too.

SephirothsAngel
11-01-2003, 05:45 PM
I never really thought about that. I think maybe I thought about it like in FFX where they all just ran off. I know it didn't make much since to me when they just disappeared so I thought, "Hey, since the damage will probably be big, maybe they decided to run off for now!"

robfinalfantasy
11-01-2003, 05:50 PM
It's probably the same reason why they do it in FFX. The animators most likely didn't want to add more animation by making them run off screen.

Breine
11-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Well, probably because the chance of getting hurt by for example huge flames (Ifrit) is pretty big. And therefore magic makes them vanish... :) It's not like in FFX, where Yuna can control their every move (as we all know, she dosn't vanish or flee).

MagicKnight Locke
11-02-2003, 05:49 PM
i think the summon/gf/eidolon wants to save them so he teleports them somewhere

Sefie1999AD
11-02-2003, 08:09 PM
Your characters have always disappeared during summoning sequences. This has happened in at least FF3j, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX (except for Yuna), Kingdom Hearts (except for Sora, and Tinker Bell summoning is another exception), Seiken Densetsu 3 and, IIRC, Chrono Cross. I think it's just a magical way that your characters get teleported to safety while the summoned monsters beat the enemy. For example, imagine if your characters didn't teleport away during summon animations. Choco/Mog (FF7) couldn't crash the enemies because your party's on the way, and Ark (FF9) would shoot a large area of the world, including your party, to oblivion if your party hadn't teleported away.

Nait
11-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Side note: At least in FFV, (FFVI?) and FFVIII there are curative/defensive summons during which the party doesn't disappear. How common is it?