PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Way for Income

BetterView
10-31-2003, 07:07 PM
I was wandering if any of you could share your experience and tell me what you've found to be the fastest way to get a decent income, whether it be missions, monsters, or what not. I would also like to ask, are there any mission terminals or is it all NPC based? Thanx a lot, peace

Lionx
11-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Missions i guess are all npc..

The fastest way is through quests and fighting monsters that drop things that sell high. The BEST but long way to do it is to do a trade job, but u need money to lvl it up first like about 10K before you get any payback from making rare items. But that is the best way to go, even though its super long.

BatChao
11-01-2003, 07:52 PM
For starting out, I suggest just keeping a signet cast on you while you level. This way, you'll get lots of crystal drops. They sell for about 14 gil a peice plus even some of the newbie monsters drop some good stuff that can be worth up to 200 gil. So just do that. There are also some easy missions to score some easy money like the hat one.

Lionx
11-01-2003, 08:45 PM
Actually ur suppose to talk to alot of the npcs for a free hat, which is good since its hard to get armour later, not to mention it looks good on mages....i think teh 150 gil aint worth it =/

Bahamut2000X
11-01-2003, 10:24 PM
Where do you do this hat quest I keep hearing about? And also where in Windurst can I get signet cast? I've talked to a bunch of NPC's and they don't seem to cast that spell at all.

Also a way I like to get money is at the Aurastery. In one of the rooms someone (I forget their name) is looking for a bird feather and a 2 leaved mandragora bud. When you brign those 2 to them (fairly common items too) they give you 250 gil. That's my favoritest way to earn money fast.

Lionx
11-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Hat: Go to WindWaters and talk to the hat shop owner, u get a key item, talk to every NPC u can find on windwaters(meaning no zoning), and u get a free windsheer hat, but if u dont do enough u only get a measly 150 gil.

The best way to get gil is to get 3 Crawler calculus and trade it to the mithra near the dhamel farm near windwoods, u get 600 gil.

As for signet, u know where the exits are right? To the right there is a NPC with a W.W on it, talk to him for signet.

Ichy
11-04-2003, 12:42 PM
If you're crafting, do yourself a favor and don't sell those crystals for a pathetic 14gil... Hoard them, because players will charge you out the rear for some of them. Following that logic, if you are going to sell them, do it with Bazaar or, better yet, auction. Check your local prices there to see what the average rate of exchange is on them.

To elaborate on Lionx's post, the Crawlers also drop Silk Thread. On the server I'm on, whenever I get one of these I put it on auction right away for 400-500gil and it's always sold within 15-20 mins. It's a rare drop, but if you don't need it for crafting it's guaranteed cash.

If you're around lvl7-8 and don't mind spending an hour at it run up and down the entire river in E-Saru. and pick off every River Crab you can find. You can trade the Remi Shells at the items shop near the Damuh Farm for 200gil for a set of 2, plus a pack of 12 Rock Salt just auctioned to net me a sweet 500gil yesterday.

Finally, to save money someone said that if you're playing a melee class get to Bastok asap to buy your armor. When you're done with it be sure to auction it in Windurst, the vendors for that stuff suck there and people will pay more :).

EDIT: Come to think of it, you should never really sell to the stores. No mistake, money is tight in this game. I strongly suggest that you sell at reasonable prices over auction and bazaar to keep the money circulating in the system, instead of sinking it into the NPCs where it'll never be seen again. Plus you'll get better turnover that way, anyhow.

Remember to always sell a little lower than the auction's price history. I know it's hard not to be greedy on your sales when you see how much stuff costs, but if we all work to drop it down a few notches it'll even out and, in the long run, you'll have more in your pocket after the big purchases... Not to mention, if someone bids, say, 500 on an item priced at 500, and you have it up for 400, then yours will sell instead of the other guy's and you'll get the full 500 anyway ;).