PDA

View Full Version : Problems in Arris Dome (CT)

-N-
11-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Near the beginning of the game, in Arris Dome, after beating the Guardian, I caught the rat that gives you the code (L+R/A). I entered it, but the passageway that usually opens the other 20 times I played the game didn't open this time around. What's going on? The rat says "Don't make a mistake, or you'll be sorry!" Is it a one time only thing? Is it even necessary?

Spatvark
11-02-2003, 02:13 AM
1) You don't have to catch the rat at all, just use the code correctly.

2) You can use the code multiple times.

3) Are you playing by using the keyboard for the controls? If so, your lkeyboard buffer just sucks. Set L, R and A all to one key and use that to get the code to work.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-02-2003, 07:01 AM
Yeah, problems often arise when trying to press three or more buttons at once on an emulator.

Nait
11-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Actually, I think you have to catch the rat - or I just tried to open the door before some plot-event - maybe just after entering the Arris Dungeon? Hrm.

The usual remedy for the "keyboard doesn't register more than x buttons pressed at a time" is to bind one button to both L an R, and then press that button and the one for A.

Spatvark
11-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Nait, Nait, Nait... don't try and correct me on an aspect of Chrono Trigger's gameplay... when will you people ever learn? I know all =O! It's the plot that gives me problems in a few places, i.e. I start overthinking the entire damn thing ¬_¬

n8tron
01-30-2004, 06:44 PM
how do you bind more than one button to a keyboard button?

Flying Mullet
01-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Go into your emulator's input setupand where you can assign keys to buttons just enter the same key, i.e. 'z' to the 'A', 'L' and 'R' buttons.

n8tron
01-30-2004, 07:16 PM
blast! i don't believe that will work...i'm on a mac and am using snes9x

check it out:

crono_logical
01-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Make Tab or whatever that blue * key is into the L-button, and ctrl or numpad-0 as R, and try that. Pressing multiple buttons tends to work better if you include one of the modifier keys i.e. ctrl/alt/opt/shift etc., since those keys are designed to be pressed at the same time as something else :p

n8tron
01-30-2004, 08:17 PM
it worked!!!!!!!!

thanks a ton, you guys are great!

just out of curiousity..what should i play next, out of any of the super nintendo final fantasies?

Flying Mullet
01-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Well it's either going to be Final Fantasy IV or VI (or Mystic Quest). Four is more story driven while six is more open ended.

n8tron
01-30-2004, 10:04 PM
what about V?

Flying Mullet
01-30-2004, 10:07 PM
True, I forgot that you are emulating (as it never was release for the SNES in the states). It's a mix, half story driven and half open ended, but not as much as either four or six. Five is fun because it has classes and abilities for you characters to learn.

Sin Harvest
01-31-2004, 06:10 PM
i had to elaborate a little here.
I couldent put more than 1 button on one key, so i stuck one on caps lock, so it was techincally pressed down, with out acually pressing it.

a little fiddling round (bashing of the keyboard after the first time didnt wor) and i got it.

Flying Mullet
02-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks, but...we got it already.