PDA

View Full Version : FFXI only online?

katana
11-02-2003, 02:52 AM
What Im asking is that if you buy it for the PS2, can u play it without having to play it online?

BatChao
11-02-2003, 03:29 AM
Nope, this is an online game only. There are no single player capabilities in it... actually, you can play the online mode by yourself, but you still have to be online.

katana
11-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Well, theres no way Im bothering with it then. And it looked like an awesome game too, but if I have to pay around $200 to install it and get all the things i need to use it, then spend $15 aa month, Im just gonna forget it.

Super Christ
11-02-2003, 05:20 PM
If you get it for the PC, all you've got to pay for, besides the monthly fee, is the game itself. It's only if you go for the PS2 version that it's so expensive, since you've got to get a hard drive, broadband adapter, the game itself, and a keyboard would be handy.

There's that, and the PC version is already out, whereas the PS2 version isn't.

Rostum
11-02-2003, 10:00 PM
It's not that much, the PC version I mean. Some people are to critical with their money. :P Just get a part time job for the money, or do chores around the house, honestly it's not that much compared to probably what your parents pay each month for bills.