PDA

View Full Version : I have a concern about Price

CidHighwind
11-02-2003, 03:06 PM
I really want to get this game.... but other than the Upfront cost of the game itself, how much will it cost me to play online? Is there a monthly fee? How does that work? I am very confused.

I am refering to whichever version is cheaper, PC or PS2.

Super Christ
11-02-2003, 05:27 PM
The monthly fee is $13, plus $1 per month for every character you have beyond the first.

As for which is cheaper, the PC version definitely is, unless you've got to upgrade your PC in order to run it. Even then, it's still possible the PC version's cheaper. Provided you meet the system requirements, all you've got to buy for the PC version is the game itself. A USB adapter for a PS2 controller would also be good to make play a little easier, but it isn't necessary. Those are cheap anyway. As for the PS2 version, you've got to buy a hard drive and broadband adapter on top of the game itself, and a keyboard would be infinitely better for communication than trying to use the controller, so chalk that up as a necessary purchase as well.

Fee-wise, both versions should be exactly the same. Just the up front cost for the PC is cheaper, because you've already got a hard drive and keyboard for it, and since you've posted here you obviously also have an internet connection for it too.

CidHighwind
11-02-2003, 06:57 PM
I don't understand WHO on earth would pay 13.00 a month for a video game... honestly... that really dissapoints me.

Is there anyway around this?

Is the game worth it?

Rostum
11-02-2003, 09:55 PM
What would make you think there's anyway around this? It's $13US a month and that's it, sorry bub. For some $13US isn't much at all, go get a part time job or something.

I can't just sit here and tell you if it's worth it, you need to go find out for yourself by researching on other websites with actually information about it.

CidHighwind
11-02-2003, 10:06 PM
okay thanks.

Moshenokoji
11-05-2003, 12:50 AM
I just got the game today, and i was reading through the manual and its all about these "Content ID's" or something. I'm really cofused. I know its 13 a month for the game and 1 dollar for every character you have above that. My big question is do i have to pay anything besides that cause i was reading that i needed to purchase a PlayOnline ID and i was like "i'll be damned if i pay anything more than 14 a month to play this game" so i was just wondering does cost any money to get a PlayOnline account and DO i really need one to play XI online cause thats all i really want to do. and i have another question, does Tetra Master cost anything to play cause i always did like playing that on IX. I'd appreciate any details if you can provide them.

Super Christ
11-05-2003, 04:37 AM
They Playonline account is free, Tetra Master is $1 a month.

Cid, I'm guessing you haven't played any MMORPG before. $13 - $14 a month is actually pretty good for a MMORPG. In fact, the only one I know of that's not worth the fee is Ragnarok Online, and that's only because it's still in Beta. Once it's actually done it'd probably worth the fee.

CidHighwind
11-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Yea........ BUT ITS A VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!

I'll probably still get it and try it for a year.

Moshenokoji
11-05-2003, 10:24 PM
yeah i don't like paying the money either but i will cause i feel the game is good enough for it. I feel there is a few downsides though. Like having to pay an extra dollar for a character i really dislike that. They should have done what Everquest did and let you have so manny like 6 or 8. I think paying for Tetra Master is retarted though. How good is it anyway, i won't get to play till i get a new mother board cause my last one fried :( .