PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts II: Who are they?

MateriaBladeVII
11-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Hey guys, I'm just wondering what you all think of these odd look-alikes of Sora and Kairi that have been appearing in the promotional art for the upcoming KH sequel.

I've noticed the Sora look-alike has blonder hair and the Kairi look-alike has this silvery color hair. Other than that, they're pretty similar. I wanna hear your ideas- who do you think they are? Where do you think they came from? Do you like the idea of characters posing as or wanting to be others??? :sweatdrop

I guess you can already tell what my opinion is... lol. I just don't think it's very creative.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-03-2003, 05:49 AM
They're obviously bodysnatchers from the Bizarro world.

ChibiInuYasha
11-03-2003, 05:56 AM
Hope it's not another "Lenne/Shuin" thing.

IamTidus
11-03-2003, 06:01 AM
I haven't heard of this before Who is this siver hair girl?

MateriaBladeVII
11-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Look in the Chain of Memories artwork- she has silver hair in the upper left corner.

zacks_clone
11-05-2003, 01:08 AM
i was thinking about this too.My idea on the soar look alike is this: remember the two keychains?the ones mentioned in a report(least,im pretty shore).Oblivion and Oathkeeper?One was a 'light' and the other was 'darkness'.Perhaps the blondhaired sora person is the weilder of the light blade?Im not sure,just an idea.

MateriaBladeVII
11-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Are you implying that Sora is evil? lol. No way! But I like your idea- maybe he's the complementary Keyblade master created to have motives of the opposite nature of Sora.

eternalshiva
11-06-2003, 10:40 AM
I thought Riku had the Oblivion .. He was supposed to be the original key blade master but got sucked into evil.

Something doesn't make sense though... If Sora and Riku are supposed to be the two weilders, why does mickey have a keyblade and that blonde kid? He has both the Oblivion and the Oathkeeper? *MUST FIND OUT OR WILL EAT ARM*

FinalLethal
11-06-2003, 11:14 AM
i cant remember but im pretty sure sora got the oblivion just after he fights riku for the 2nd time it is i think.

But anyway, does anyone have any idea's on the storyline of KH2? Any new statements from square enix?
Im just lookin forward to the badass lookin bad guy with redhair and circle blade things.

zacks_clone
11-06-2003, 10:17 PM
perhaps(another idea) they just have keyblades,but arnt weilders.Maybe sora needed some help and these characters got keyblades,but arnt weilders.OR pehraps there is more than one weilder.Maybe there is more then two(sora,mickey).Maybe there will be new worlds open,and a new keyblade master shown?

and the red haired man has ninja stars(shurukens?im not sure of the spelling

MateriaBladeVII
11-07-2003, 01:27 AM
What the hell? lol. Having a keyblade and being the weilder is pretty much the same thing! If you use one in battle, you're weilding it. lol. Are you saying maybe Sora lent these people his keychains? I don't think so... There's something very odd about all this. It's killing me not knowing, either... :grumble:

Jalbrean
11-07-2003, 01:35 AM
Well the Deep Dive trailer talks about a third key, and in a scene in Final Mix the person talking to Riku whose lost in the darkness mentions finding a keyblade on that side.

I don't think that only one person is destined to wield keyblades.

MateriaBladeVII
11-07-2003, 01:47 AM
Hey- how do you know what happens in Final Mix??? If there's a script somewhere, you gotta share, Jalbrean! You holding off on us? :giddy:

zacks_clone
11-07-2003, 01:50 AM
people can use the keyblades for battle i think ,but cant use their pwoers... like when squall(leon) took the keyblade from sora.He was able to hold it, if not use it.perhaps others can use them as weapons but not for their powers

MateriaBladeVII
11-07-2003, 01:59 AM
Recheck that one, zacks_clone. Leon (Squall) couldn't hold the Keyblade for even five seconds before it returned to its true weilder. The only two people Sora's keyblade allowed to weild it- or even hold it- were Sora and Riku.

It's true that there can be multiple chosen weilders of keyblades since both Sora and Riku can. I'm just saying that people who use keybades are weilders. lol. I'm simply correcting zacks_clone's earlier logic. :D

Jalbrean
11-07-2003, 06:08 AM
Um yeah i've read some translations on some of the scenes in Final Mix.

Ansem Report 11 - Available by defeating Kurt Zisa

In opening the door that stores a world's hearts, the wall around that world is broken down. We see this as a shooting star. Through this, I have been able to understand the reason why the material known as Gummi Blocks has the ability to allow travel to other worlds.

The cause of a world's wall collapsing is the appearance of the Heartless, but finding a world's door takes time. And claiming a world's heart is a similar case.

If the door has been closed by the key known as the Keyblade, you probably cannot reach that world's heart again. Before the one with the Keyblade appears in this world, I must take measures to do something.

Supposing that there is a close relationship between the Princesses and the Keyblade, it seems likely that they will resonate with each other...

I have chosen one special girl. I do not know if she possesses a power like that of the Princesses. But, there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...

I shall send her off to the ocean of different skies.

Ansem Report 12 - Available by defeating Sephiroth

I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation.

My body has surely perished. However, I am different from the other Heartless, keeping the memories of before, and I have not taken on the form of a Heartless. It is clear that there are still many things to be studied.

In order to cross over to the dark side, which is not this world, you must go beyond the door of Kingdom Hearts, the place connected to the world's heart.

The innermost part connected to the world's heart, the place connecting to the world of darkness. (I will record the details in another report...)

There are still so many unknown worlds.

The present world.
The world of darkness.
The world of light.

And,
The world in-between.

Where does the true paradise lie, I wonder?

Ansem Report 13 - Available by defeating Unknown

When the heart casts off the flesh, where does the body go?

Heart and soul are separate, and the spirit remains in the body. But can we assume that the leftover body and soul perish?

Certainly when the heart changes into a Heartless the body disappears.

However, that is only this world's story; in another world, mightn't they change forms like the Heartless and exist there?

If we take that to be the case, there must be a you other than yourself existing somewhere.

An existence neither of darkness nor of light.
An in-between existence.Cast off by the heart, a mere shell, one who begrudges both the darkness and
the light.

This mystery cannot be easily resolved. The relationship between the heart and the flesh is a complex one.

But since we exist here, they cannot be termed as existent.

Therefore I shall call them...

"The non-existent ones."

Appearance of the Unknown

After the conversation with Donald and Goofy upon entering the End of the World, a mysterious portal appears in Hollow Bastion's Chapel (Room of the Dragon), in the same place as the portal to fight Maleficent Dragon was. The five princesses gathered here all comment on the portal's appearance.

- Cinderella -
I wonder, could that gate's appearance be a sign of something bad?

- Aurora (1st time) -
From that gate that suddenly appeared, the darkness... No, not darkness. I can feel a different power.

- Aurora (2nd time) -
Maybe it's a power even more dangerous than darkness.

- Snow White -
On the other side of that gate... I have a bad feeling about this.

- Jasmin (1st time) -
If it were the power of darkness, we would be able to hold it back a little. But, this power is different. A power other than darkness.

- Jasmin (2nd time) -
Light, darkness and one more power...

- Alice -
What on earth is that?! A different feeling from darkness... Sora, be careful!

Confrontation with the Unknown

Sora, Donald, Goofy and Beast go through the portal, which disappears after them, to find themselves in a large circular room like the one they fought
Maleficent Dragon in. Behind them a shrouded form which seems to be fading in and out of existence appears, following them.

Sora turns in time to see it almost upon him, gasping and falling back as it reaches him. But it continues, walking straight through him. As it does so Sora's has a rapid flash of memories...

(Sora remembers many of the things he has said in his adventures.)

Sora stumbles back and falls to the ground as the figure continues past him. He turns to look at the now apparently solid figure, a man completely shrouded by a dark grey hooded coat with a long zip, and two drawstrings hanging from the collar.

The man stops. Sora gets up.

- Sora -
"Who are you?"

The man does not talk, the words simply appear in Sora's mind.

- Unknown -
"Ah... It seems you are special too"

The words cause Sora to momentarily see only darkness...

- Goofy -
"Ansem...?"

The Unknown turns to look over his shoulder.

- Unknown -
"That's a familiar sound..." (Note we're not sure if he's talking about the sound of his own name, or Goofy's voice.)

Once again the momentary darkness...

The strange man's black gloved hand opens and a strange, blue light filled with a lattice of hexagonal shapes begins to fizzle in it.

- Unknown -
"You look like him."

The darkness seems fractionally longer this time...

- Sora (getting slightly angry) -
"What's that supposed to mean?!"

Sora gasps as the man begins to turn and he sees the energy. As the man turns he brings the Keyblade to his hand and with both hands he holds back the
tremendous blue lightning-like energy that the strange figure aims directly at him.

For a few seconds Sora strains against the energy, then he pushes it away. The reflected energy hits the ceiling, causing a shower of mortar and fine stone.

The shrouded man stands facing Sora. He seems to be staring, thinking, but we can only see black within his low hood.

- Unknown -
"Which means, you are not complete."

Sora stands straight, with his Keyblade at the ready.

- Unknown -
"Incomplete one..."

In the background, music begins to play, a quiet but fast tune.

- Unknown -
"Allow me to test your power."

That's where you fight him.

After the fight...obviously you've beaten him ;p

- Unknown -
"...Truly interesting."

Again darkness follows his words. Sora gasps.

- Unknown -
"From now, this is going to be enjoyable."

Once more the darkness envelops Sora's mind.
As the light comes back Sora begins to run towards the man.

- Sora -
"What're you talking about?"

He charges and leaps, Keyblade held high. But at the zenith of his leap, the world turns black and white for a split second, there is a buzzing sound and
the man half-fades once more.

Sora lands behind the unknown man, having jumped straight through him. Behind him, the man seems solid once more. Sora turns to him, annoyed.

- Unknown -
"In your present state you probably cannot understand."

The man half turns, looking down at Sora.

- Unknown -
"In any case, the time when we can meet again will doubtless come."

- Sora -
"Wait, who are you!?"

Sora gasps as the man disappears before his eyes.

-Unknown -
"I am..."

The man fades in again briefly, and then is gone. His invisible form ripples as he moves, subtly revealing his movement, walking away from Sora. But Sora continues to stare at the space where he vanished.

- Unknown -
"A mere shell."

Riku in the World of Darkness (After Sora finds the Navi Gummi and speaks to Kairi in the underground
waterway in Traverse Town.)

Darkness. A white path winds gently through the black nothingness.

- Riku -
"Sora... Kairi..."

The path slowly turns in our view, and comes onto a horizontal plane.

- Riku -
"I'm sorry..."

We follow the path back...

- Riku -
"Is this... the world of death?"

Riku with his head hung and looking lost, walking along the path. He flickers slightly as if not quite totally real. Then he stumbles and stops as a blue light surrounds him. Clutching his chest he talks to himself.

- Riku -
"I can't disappear yet."

The aura subsides.

- Riku -
"Not until I've met Sora and Kairi one more time..."

- A voice from the darkness -
"Riku, can you hear me?"

Riku raises his head only fractionally, but looks about warily.

- Voice -
"I'll be there soon."

Riku turns abruptly to see who's there.

- Riku -
"Who's there?"

But he faces only darkness.

- Voice -
"Another Keyblade... I've gotten the Keyblade for this side."

- Riku -
"?"

- Voice -
"I've been talking to you all along, but my words were hindered by the darkness covering your heart."

- Riku -
"I don't know who you are, but... What's happened to me?"

- Voice -
"Your heart has overcome the darkness, but you couldn't take back your body. Only your heart was left behind in this dark side where stolen hearts were gathered."

- Riku -
"What should I do?"

Riku turns to face the path onwards again.

- Voice -
"The door of darkness is soon going to appear...
That door, through which we cannot pass... In order to close it, Two keys and two hearts are needed."

"Perhaps you too, like me, come here for that purpose.
Maybe it was fate."

- Riku -
"Fate... You know everything, don't you?
If that's so, I want you to tell me one more thing...
Are Sora and Kairi safe?"

Riku seems concerned.

- Voice -
"You yourself should be able to feel their hearts."

From the distance, Sora comes running through the darkness towards Riku.

- Voice -
"How your friends reflect in you... Is dependent on your own heart."

Sora is very close now. He is smiling.

Riku has his eyes closed. He has been imagining Sora. He opens his eyes, seemingly much more at ease.

- Riku -
"Thank you."

Fade to white.

There ya go.

Ouch!
11-10-2003, 03:11 AM
Kairi... was made into a Princess of Heart by Ansem? A third world? The "non-existant ones" are just shells?

WHY DOES JAPAN HAVE TO GET ALL THE GOOD STUFF!?

Jalbrean
11-10-2003, 03:39 AM
Well Ansem said she was a special girl, but wasn't sure if her powers were like those of the Princesses. I don't think he created her as a Princess of Heart.

Then again I seem to recall her being the Princess of Hollow Bastion...could be wrong though, my memory is a little fuzzy on that.

Japan gets all the good stuff because they're cool, and we suck. ;p

eternalshiva
11-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Jalbrean
Japan gets all the good stuff because they're cool, and we suck. ;p

*nods* I agree with that statement ;p (cM)

Ouch!
11-13-2003, 02:07 AM
Yeah, but it's still not fair. I want the game to come out, and have it be the first good Square Enix product to be released here. Seems like FFVII: AC will be comin' out sooner though... *shrugs*

I just want KHII! *whines*

sephiroth21
11-14-2003, 03:55 PM
first of all, any thing related to ff comes out in japan first
(which isnt fair because there is a square-enix building in L.A.)
and if your talking about the three kids on that building in the k h 2 video, then i think one of them looks like zell from ff 8.

sephiroth21
11-14-2003, 04:04 PM
you want to know what bugs me most??
ether in the jap kh or final mix ther is a big fight with cloud+sephy when you first fight him, other than a stupid teleport cut sene

MateriaBladeVII
11-16-2003, 06:04 AM
So we think these characters are "mere shells" of the real Sora and Kairi then??? I'm confused.... :sweatdrop

Jalbrean
11-16-2003, 06:51 AM
I don't know about the look-alikes. The only one's ever referred to, as 'mere shells' are the Hooded Unknowns.

There's just too much information that we don't know to make any conclusive arguments either way. They could be cast off shells, or they could be something completely different that we haven't thought of. ;>

eternalshiva
11-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Maybe it's kid versions of some FF characters like someone else has metioned? They just want to surprise us *I'll go with that*

FinalLethal
11-24-2003, 06:23 AM
wait so that unknown thing was from the japanese version ? or have i missed a secret boss in the english version?

Jalbrean
11-24-2003, 07:08 AM
The 'Unknown Thing' was in Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, which was only released in Japan so you didn't miss it in your U.S. version FinalLethal.