PDA

View Full Version : Search THingys

Phil
11-03-2003, 03:31 AM
Recently when I search for stuff on google, a lot of options pop up on the scroll bar. LIke... the list of previoust hings you've searched for with the same letters. How do you delete all of those? It's getting on my nerves.

crono_logical
11-03-2003, 04:14 AM
In Google itself, or the location bar of the browser? If it's the browser, you can clear the history in Mozilla by going to Preferences, History, then clearing the location history. You can also disable it from rebuilding itself by changing the options in Smart Browsing.

o_O
11-05-2003, 10:18 AM
If you're talking about Autocomplete (the list of previously searched terms), then you can disable it or clear the fields by going to Tools --> Internet Options --> Content --> Autocomplete. I'm assuming you're using MSIE 6, of course, :p but if you're using 4 or below, Internet Options is under the View menu, I think.

You can also delete them manually, by hovering your mouse over them when they pop up and pressing delete. For the complete list of stored search terms just double click the empty text field.

I recommend you use Opera though, if you aren't already. :p