PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Gunblade Images for CG project

Marcos
11-03-2003, 07:26 AM
Hello, I started this project two days ago. It is a 3d recreation of Squalls gunblade. I have been able to find pretty good refrences for most of the weapon except for one part: the etched in lion on the flat of the blade. Most of the images I have found so far have been too far away from it to show any detail, and the one I do have is obstructed by flames. If anyone has/knows of any close shots, or even better, a concept art/redrawing of it, I would grealty apreciate it. Here is what I have so far:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/marcostheblack/gunblade3.jpg

It is aproximatly 50% done. Most of the modeling is done however I would like to spend more time on detail on the handle and the case section of the weapon. I also have yet to do the Griever on the end of the chain on the back. Of course I still have to get some materials on it and create a much better lighting rig then I have in place at the moment.

I look forward to your replies and will apreciate any help you guys can provide. I'll also be sure to show the final product once I complete it.

selphie666
12-17-2003, 03:02 AM
I think I might be able to help you out. I know a few good links for FFVIII. I'll check those out and see if I can find the image. When does this need to be done? If it's too late for me to help, let me know 'cause it's probably been about a month since you posted this. Anyways, I'll see what I can do.

Maxico
12-17-2003, 04:52 PM
ohhh nice. Ill look around.

by the way, what program are you using?

EDIT (had to delete the post for this): I found one. Its not offical though. He does seem to have a design that looks like the real version.

selphie666
01-03-2004, 03:19 AM
I can't find an actual image of the lion. I'll see if I can get one from what I've found so far.
Maxico had a good question. What program are you using? CGI would be cool to work on. It would definitely help with my comics.

selfo
03-26-2004, 04:37 PM
look in the back of the intruction booklet? mine has i compo and it has the flame pic but the flme is gone and squall is in some tropical place

Siwolae
03-29-2004, 06:16 AM
how's this?

TasteyPies
03-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Nnnn i want a gunblade, i'd give anything for a gunblade