PDA

View Full Version : FFXI kicks Everquest's booty

Flying Mullet
11-03-2003, 03:25 PM
So I bough FFXI yesterday and after playing it for an hour or so I can already say that I love it so much more than Everquest(which I played for about two years). Among the things that I like:

-Graphics-
The worlds are more colorful and detailed and they are much more fun to run around in.

-Music-
There is always good background music playing. I got tired of the fact that Everquest only had background music part of the time.

-Information-
FFXI offers you so much more information than Everquest. I had 100 experience out of 500 for level 2, Everquest never told me that. I have 1 hour and 40 minutes until I can use an ability again, Everquest never told me that. I have 5 minutes until an ability wears off, Everquest never told me that.

So all in all FFXI has been a much more user friendly and enjoyable game than Everquest so far.

Just thought I'd share.

The Oolahoop
11-03-2003, 06:45 PM
The only thing that is better in EQ is the UI/keyboard.

Flying Mullet
11-03-2003, 06:50 PM
That I'll have to agree with. Do you know of any way to reassign the controls on the keyboard?

Talus
11-03-2003, 07:19 PM
I set it to Compact Keyboard so I could move with the W, S, A, and D keys. It works so much better for me.

Flying Mullet
11-03-2003, 07:37 PM
I play on a laptop so that's the only way that works for me.

Black Mage
11-05-2003, 03:58 AM
Meh, the controls are actually really nice, once you get the hang of them. It's just they have such a learning curve, and so many people refuse to play around with them. Ah well.

I do agree though; I enjoy FFXI much more than EQ.

Although, FFXI does have areas where there is no BGM, such as Tahrongi Canyon. But, that's a minor grip, I suppose.

inlineskating29
11-06-2003, 11:56 AM
ya the controls are nice
at first i was like crap need to use w,a,d,s keys but know im use to it

Kalel
11-13-2003, 02:40 AM
I agree FFXI is much better game than Everquest in every way. Heth Everquest has no story to it.

FFXI equals: quality graphics, good storyline, beautiful environments, cool gameplay, depth, ever-changing, characters you can enjoy playing as, good character designs.