PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Boss in Final Fantasy VII (Maybe Spoilers)

Flashback007
11-03-2003, 04:04 PM
What do you think was the hardest boss in Final Fantasy VII and why?

I think it was Evil Wall in the Tempel of Acients. That was because I wasn't strong enough at that time, but the bosses who followed the Evil Wall I always got them in one time, even the last bosses.

Skogs
11-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Lost Number can rough you up big time if your levels are bit low first time you get to Nibelheim. Same goes for Materia Keeper.

NM
11-03-2003, 06:51 PM
First time I played through FFVII I got stuck on the Demon Wall boss & had to reload to a previous save game cos I didn't have things like barrier. So I would say either that or the Turks when you jump back into Midgar. I found that really tough as well on the first play.

Nova Dragon
11-04-2003, 12:38 AM
I would have to say either the lost number during the side-quest to get Vincent, or else the 2-headed dragon that you must battle inside of Gai's (sp?) mountain.

DMKA
11-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Do the (SPOILER ) Ruby and Emerald Weapons count? I thought they were both pretty damn hard. Lost number was a pain, and the 1st time I played I couldn't beat Demon's Gate (aka "the evil wall") for the life of me.

rydia1411
11-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Emmy and Ruby were very hard - especially Emmy. Why? Well, mainly because I had a hard time beating them. Emmy gets a minor fit of rage at some point in the battle that tends to instantly knock out my party.

Burtsplurt
11-04-2003, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure that Ruby and Emerald count as bosses as such, so I'd say Bizarro Sephiroth. Not for any good reason, but the first time I played the game I fought him for a *long* time before losing. I think that was mostly due to me being stupid, though.

Strider
11-05-2003, 03:02 AM
I'd have to put my vote down for the Turks encounter on the re-entry into Midgar. If you're not fast enough or strong enough, those guys can tear you apart.

edczxcvbnm
11-05-2003, 04:01 AM
The only boss I ever had any trouble with was the one right before you get the submarine. At low levels that guy can suck. Lost Number, The Wall guy are not that hard. You just have to put your guys in the back row and put on low level limits. The damage is reduced by a lot in the back row and the low level for limits shoots the right up instantly.

Unforutnatly the guy at the sub does too much damage with a certain attack to make it easy. Its been a while. I bet if I went back and tried it then I would have no trouble now at ultra low levels.

Black Waltz No3
11-06-2003, 08:07 AM
Demon Gate seemed to stump me too. His rock attack always knocked out one of my members. Plus he's quite a speedy bugger considering he's embedded in a wall...

18Darkdragon
11-07-2003, 02:03 AM
Ruby if u count him as a boss, demon wall or w/e u call it, and Ultima weapon not for its strength but for how pissed off u get from casing it.:mad2:

Lost
11-07-2003, 07:33 AM
Yup, Demon Gate and Lost Number killed me a number of times. For them two I actually had to sit down and rethink my strategy 'cause going in head-strong wouldn't get the job done.

Ruby and Emerald doesn't really count. Lost Number counts 'cause that the only way to get all your available characters.

Zifnab
11-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
The only boss I ever had any trouble with was the one right before you get the submarine. At low levels that guy can suck.
Carry Armor? I'll agree with you on that one. My characters' HP was about 1000 and his ray was doing well over 1000 each time. My best chance was to kill him before he did that ray, which failed miserably. I went back to the world map and leveled up Ultima (and my characters in the process) and finally beat him. I've leveled up Ultima at that point in the game every time since, just as a tradition.

Rude
11-07-2003, 03:12 PM
Hardest boss in the game is the Lost Number, as when he goes into his full magic or full attack state toward the end of the battle he substantially stronger than the level your party would normally be at by that stage in the game.

Of course, he is probably considered an optional boss.... so I don't know if he counts as a valid choice.

edczxcvbnm
11-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Rude
Hardest boss in the game is the Lost Number, as when he goes into his full magic or full attack state toward the end of the battle he substantially stronger than the level your party would normally be at by that stage in the game.

Of course, he is probably considered an optional boss.... so I don't know if he counts as a valid choice.

I think you can prevent him from going to only one form if you even out your attacks between physical and magic. I have betten him quite a few times without him ever changeing which is why I think this holds true.

Maxico
11-08-2003, 09:54 PM
diamond weapon because I had a bit over 1300 hp at the time. Still beat him eventualy though. wuss.