PDA

View Full Version : How do you beat X-death (second time you meet him)

Flashback007
11-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Help, I cannot get past the second time you meet X-death. That's in his Castle in the second world. I have tried everything, but suddenly he attacks two times in a row and I am death in two moves. :(. Can someone please help we or give me any tips?

Zifnab
11-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Aye, he's a very tough boss.
If you want to level up a bit, I'd recommend going to the castle with the Shield Dragons and fighting a few of them. Use the Command ability on it and cast it's own flame breath thing on it. It's really quick to get to level 40 or so that way (which is actually a good level to beat the end boss with).
As for Exdeath himself I usually have a party of 4 Blue Mages so I can leech his spells off of him. I'd say just use what suits you best though, maybe go as monks for the extra HP. Maybe 4 Red Mages might be worth having with backups such as Time and Summon.

MagicKnight Locke
11-08-2003, 12:32 PM
this is a very cheapo tactic i read in a low lvl guide.
According to that the yellow dragons take off 1/4 of the enemies FULL hp(not current).Meaning if you make your group monster trainers,Catch 4 yellow dragons and release them he will go down.

If u dont wanna go cheap then do like i did.Cast golem
Cast quicky kill spells(those lvl 3 ones) and whack.Cast golem all the time.

Heath
11-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Right, if you have a lot of money I'd suggest taking a Samurai or two and using !gilthrow, which worked when I had trouble against Atomos and is really good for causing a lot of damage quickly. Plus with the Samurai's good evade you can attempt to stay alive longer, casting Carbunkle is great too (provided you got it) because it'll reflect most harmful spells back at him.