PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV: a question......and a tip

Flashback007
11-03-2003, 04:29 PM
First of all I have a question. How do you beat EvilWall. I tried to level up, but it won't work. I cannot beat him in time and so I cannot continue. Please help.

And a tip, there is a way to beat Dark Elf and a very low level. Maybe everybody knows it already, but here is the trick. Be sure that every one has full HP and MP, then lett the Dark Elf change Cecil into a pig. He will suddenly do the dubble damage to the Dark Elf with his sword. Be sure to keep Cecil's HP up and then win from the Dark Elf

Flying Mullet
11-03-2003, 04:46 PM
If you're having trouble with the Evil Wall, try copying the Light Sword and then having Edge throw them. Here's how you copy weapons and shields(if you don't know how):

Go in to battle and select an empty space in your inventory, then select the Light Sword in Cecil's hand, and this will deequip it. Then finish the battle or run from it. Then go to the equip screen and equip the Light Sword and you should see a "2" next to it, then unequip, and reequip, and you should have two of the Light Sword, one equipped and one in your inventory.

rydia1411
11-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Evil Wall: I beat it "fairly" easy at level 65 by hitting it with physical attacks (of course), having Rosa hit it with Bolt arrows, Rydia casting Bolt3 and Kain hitting it with regular attacks. I refrained fom healing and the damn thing was history before it even got started with its "Crush" attacks. :)

robfinalfantasy
11-04-2003, 01:29 AM
For me it was luck. I basically blasted it with level 3 spells and had everyone use life potions to revive other characters. Cecil was always attacking though. It was pretty much a speed contest. Throughout the whole "crush" part I was praying that I would revive the crushed member in time.

DocFrance
11-04-2003, 04:57 AM
Change the battle speed to the lowest possible setting, and change the battle mode to 'wait.' That should give you more time to choose what to do. It might also help if you have the cursor mode set on 'memory.'

SpikingZero
11-05-2003, 03:38 AM
I think I casted "Slow" on the bugger to help me get in more attacks. I think. It's been a while since I played.

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 03:07 AM
Yeah, casting Slow on it does help, as does casting Haste on yourself--naturally. And since Rosa doesn't do a significant amount of physical damage, I usually use her to Bersk my most powerful attackers.

sephiroth23
12-12-2003, 10:42 PM
im not sure if it works in the ps1 version but when u are at the dwarf kingdom and u fight the dolls after golbez steals the crystl u can warp back into the rooms so u dont have to fight the evilwall

Numisma
12-13-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by sephiroth23
im not sure if it works in the ps1 version but when u are at the dwarf kingdom and u fight the dolls after golbez steals the crystl u can warp back into the rooms so u dont have to fight the evilwall

you're talking about the wrong crystal. the one in question is the one in the Sealed Cave. anyway, there is no escaping the Sealed Cave w/o a boss fight with the EvilWall. now, what I did was, i cast Slow on it and i had Cecil, Edge, and Kain all attack (Kain doing his jump attack, of course), while Rydia summoned Titan. i did not have Leviathan or Ashura at the time, and i tried some of the 30MP-consuming summons and they did popkins-damage, while Titan did 2000-4000HP damage. the key is, you need to pummel the damn thing as fast as you can and as hard as you can, before it crushes ALL of you. i went against it about 6 or 7 times before i actually beat it. my group's levels were in the mid-late 40s, 46-49 or so.

TheAbominatrix
12-13-2003, 07:44 AM
No, Numisima, he's right. What you do is, after you fight the Calbrena, you warp back into that crystal room and take the crystal. Then when you go to the Sealed Cave, since you have a crystal in your inventory, it acts as though you'd just gone through the whole thing and the scenario with Kain happens before you even go inside.

As for beating EvilWall.... I had Edge throw stuff, Kain jump, Rydia doing virus (it does a lot of damage and has a faster casting time than Titan), Cecil attack, and Rosa cure constantly.

Numisma
12-13-2003, 08:31 PM
i just don't understand what you two are saying can be done. it makes no sense. how can you warp back into the room and take the crystal when it's already been taken? hell, i will outrightedly admit that i know nothing about warping in FFIV, cuz i never use it nor know where it works, so please explain this questionable scenario in a dumbed-down and very explicit manner, step by step, like you're a walkthrough or something. what you wrote above is so vague, and i'm getting confused.

TheAbominatrix
12-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Sorry about that.

Okay, after the battle with Calbrena and Golbez and the reunion with Rydia, you end up in the throne room to talk with King Giott. After the discussion, before you leave the throne room, cast warp. You will be warped into the crystal room behind the throne room, and for one reason or another (probably because you were never meant to go back), the dark crystal is still there. Take it, and then leave the crystal room.

Now, when you go to the Sealed Cave, you have a dark crystal in your inventory, so when you get to the spot near the entrance where Kain later betrays you, the scenario is set off due to the fact that you have a crystal with you. The scenario will go just as it did before with Kain stealing the crystal and running off, without you ever having to set foot in the Sealed Cave.

Outsider
12-13-2003, 09:40 PM
I didn't even know that you could cast Warp there...

But Evil Wall is not that hard... Just attack fast and it won't be very hard...

The hardest boss in the game is that damn Controlsystem (or CPU, I dunno), it's the only boss that is hard to beat...

Numisma
12-14-2003, 07:18 AM
CPU... when do you encounter CPU? i'm on my first run through the game and i'm at the first save point in the Giant of Babil, and truly, the only bosses that really gave me ANY trouble were EvilWall (as mentioned above) and Calbrena, Calbrena solely because i didn't kill it till like, the 4th time the Cals and Brenas united into Calbrena. yeesh. it was MIND-BOGGLING.

btw, thanks for explaining that glitch to me. it somehow reminds me of how in Golden Sun 2, one is able to go to the lands traveled in Golden Sun 1 if one lands on a certain beach at a certain angle. all the town and landmark sprites are there, but you can't enter them. it's sooo weird.

TheAbominatrix
12-14-2003, 08:42 AM
You're about to run into CPU. He's pretty hard. And yes, Calbrena is so hard just because of that, they unite and then if you dont manage to kill them then, when they go back to splitting all the enemies are back. I hate that!

And no problem with the glitch thing. Its weird, I've only used it once myself, just to see it done.

Danger
12-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Man you guys are at high levels when you take that thing on..... I party is usually lvl 40 or below and I have no trouble taking out the wall with Titan and Beserked attackers (this is on my SNES). My usual level for finnishing the game is 50 (just tp get nuke).

Don't forget that if you're uber leveled to use the spell (White or holy) with Rosa, its a major damage producer.

I only found out Rydia could get Meteo after I decided to take a group to level 99.

On a side note: The sealed cave is an important experience area to complete if you're not into leveling throghout the game (like me). So I suggest that any low level parties not skip the entire sequence by using that warp trick. If I did, it would take me forever, doing nothing but leveling, to get "float" for a certain couple side quests.

TheAbominatrix
12-14-2003, 06:13 PM
He's too far to use that trick anyway.

All black mages can get Meteo once you're leveled enough, even Palom. And Porom can use white, as well.

Naj
03-04-2004, 12:21 AM
Guys, gals, I dunno bout you but I go through this game pretty fast, aka 8 hours tops. I don't spend time "training" or leveling EXCEPT Rydia after a lil girl because she is level 1 and dies way too fast. Also, Evilwall is pretty easy, I was around 30 ish and killed him after he intantly killed one of my chars. And Calbrena I never had trouble with. Hey have any of you guys ever gotten Odin without lit3? or or how about doing the Bahamut cave without FuSoYa and only being about one or two levels after getting wall? Behemoths are trouble but nothing a little blink and image won't cure XD. But the way I've never gotten nuke or meteo before beating the game.....*shrugs* mebbe my SNES cartridge is just easier than most.

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Naj
Guys, gals, I dunno bout you but I go through this game pretty fast, aka 8 hours tops. I don't spend time "training" or leveling EXCEPT Rydia after a lil girl because she is level 1 and dies way too fast. Also, Evilwall is pretty easy, I was around 30 ish and killed him after he intantly killed one of my chars. And Calbrena I never had trouble with. Hey have any of you guys ever gotten Odin without lit3? or or how about doing the Bahamut cave without FuSoYa and only being about one or two levels after getting wall? Behemoths are trouble but nothing a little blink and image won't cure XD. But the way I've never gotten nuke or meteo before beating the game.....*shrugs* mebbe my SNES cartridge is just easier than most.

The SNES game is easytype. Try doing the same on hardtype.