PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS: How Evil was Seymour?

MJN SEIFER
11-04-2003, 07:19 PM
I think he was really evil Not a psycho like say..Kefka, but still bad ass. And Cool Yeah I think Seymour is the best bad guy in FF!!! Anyway he's especially evil because he actually seamed pleased at his Evil deads Like when ever anyone mentiond the murder of his Father he didn't hide it he simply said "hmm...I thought evryone knew this...."Ooooooh! Eeeeevil!!

Breine
11-04-2003, 07:38 PM
He was pretty evil... I liked him, but I've seen better villains than him...

SephirothsAngel
11-04-2003, 08:53 PM
I apologize to Seymour lovers right off the bat.
I voted "Not very...Just misunderstood". I have seen a lot better villians and his evil plan didn't impress me too much. It was okay but a little bit weird in my opinion.

zacks_clone
11-05-2003, 11:45 PM
I agree with Sephirothsangel,about him being missunderstood.He simply wished to become sin to save Spira from its sorrows,making everyone an unset of fiend or somthing,therefor they are dead,have no fears and no sorrows.

Angel_Eyes
11-06-2003, 02:22 PM
I just think he's slightly crazy. He had a lot to live up to, being Jyscal's son. . I guess he went power crazy.

Ultima Seraph
11-08-2003, 09:13 PM
I can't really vote because... well... I don't agree with the assumption that he's the villian. He's the antagonist, no doubt, but not the villian. (Yes, there IS a difference between those two words... you don't know it... look it up...)

Seymour played a vital role in FFX: allowing Yuna and co. to see Yevon's true face played out through Seymour. He was the embodiment of Yevon's corruption, personified through the antagonist. He's not the villain... not the main boss or the main problem that Yuna and co. face. Sin/Yu Yevon is... and that is the main goal. Seymour WOULD HAVE BEEN the villian had his little plan gone through... but it didn't... so yeah.

Anyway, Seymour's philosophy of death being free from pain holds a lot of truth to it: once a person dies, they are sent and released to the farplane, where life's turmoils cannot touch them. However, seeing that he's taking it upon himself to free everyone from life... I'd say he's a class A sociopath.

When Seymour was 8 years old, his father sentenced him and his mother in exile because the elder Guado were furious with Jyscal's decision to marry a human woman. Seymour's mother became ill, and she took him to Yunalesca, so that she could become his fayth and defeat Sin. Rather, he liked the power bestowed upon him and grew hungrier for more.

dancingmadK
08-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Personally, he made one hell of a bad guy, but his life was a sad one, so I see a good reason for why he became an antagonist. His father treated him badly, his mother bore too much on his shoulders while he was so young. I'd be pissed off too. It kinda makes you wonder who the real good guys or bad guys are? The poor kid just wanted to blow a little steam off in the best way that he could. :mad:

chu52
08-02-2004, 03:59 PM
He was sadistic not evil. I couldn't wait for him to die. He reminded me of those old batman villians that always came back with lamer plots for world destruction and then said plots are stopped by random guy in spandex. That is what I think of him.

zacks_clone
08-02-2004, 04:00 PM
He was sadistic not evil. I couldn't wait for him to die. He reminded me of those old batman villians that always came back with lamer plots for world destruction and then said plots are stopped by random guy in spandex. That is what I think of him.

hmm...Tidus in spandex...O.o....

chu52
08-02-2004, 04:45 PM
hmm...Tidus in spandex...O.o....

Why did I have to bring that up?

Erdrick Holmes
08-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Seymour never did anything major, he only killed off some Ronso

m4tt
08-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Please do not revive old threads.