PDA

View Full Version : The Job Classes That Might Have Been

ChibiInuYasha
11-06-2003, 12:36 AM
Think FFX2 is kinky enough? HA! In the December Issue of Official US Playstation Magazine, Nakazawa admits Square was originally going to put a "French Maid" Dress Sphere. A job class in which you pay the girls to attack a la Yojimbo. Kinky enough for ya? Speaking of Job Classes that were left out, what are some you would have liked to see?
I say Blitzer (attacks with a blitzball, comes with all of Wakka's Reels) and Lancer. How 'bout you?

SephirothsAngel
11-06-2003, 10:26 PM
I would also say Lancer. I also wanted a Summoner class, but it's not possible. :( Also I was thinking a Monk or something with barefists and maybe a Mimic.

katana
11-08-2003, 04:11 AM
Stripper. Uh, I mean, ninja. Yeah, FFX needed a ninja class. I geuss Rikku kind of counted, but her attack sucked.

Shayo
11-18-2003, 12:17 AM
how about red mage if they dont have one which im pretty sure they dont

eternalshiva
11-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Did you know that the costume designer originally thought about a French Maid costume? rotfl

robfinalfantasy
02-07-2004, 07:06 PM
I must admit that FFX-2 was a bit lacking in the job department. Favored classics such as Monk, Red Mage, Dragoon, and Ninja were nowhere to be found. With the addition of those 4 the game might have been perfect. Square also did something that I did not like. They ruined the Berserker job. The whole point of this character is so that you don't ever have to tell him/her what to do. By allowing you to "control" the Berserker they defeat the whole purpose of the class. Square removed the spirit of the Berserker. It was what made it such a cool class.

MateriaBladeVII
02-07-2004, 09:29 PM
French Maid would've been cool and funny as hell. I'm pissed that they left Psychicer and Festivalgoer out of our version, too. They look so fun. Blitzer would've been cool- but other than that, I think as far as dresspheres go we didn't need anymore. Summoner would have been fun- but as we all know, it wouldn't have worked with the storyline since Yevon has dissipated. Red Mage kinda lost its purpose- Back Mage can do everything a Red Mage can. Lancer... meh. Dragoon... pssh. Ninja... bleh. Monk, Mimic... eh.

Lord Xehanort
02-07-2004, 10:27 PM
Geomancer... oh wait, they have something like that... I think. Power derived from nature. I may be wrong.

Erdrick the Hero
02-08-2004, 04:23 PM
what i would of loved to see was a dressphere that allowed you to combine other dressphere into one big ball and then you could be uber awesometastic

Vermachtnis
02-08-2004, 05:12 PM
We need a dragoon. A dragoon would've been great. Dragoon are always the best kind of class, I mean look at Kain.
They should've put something like in FF5, where you learn stuff from one job and switch to another.

Proxy
02-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Dragoon/Lancer
A Monk would be sweet.
And Ansem, yes, its called Berserker.

Halenite
02-09-2004, 04:12 PM
I think the designers of FF X-2 wanted to make a fairly unique job classes which is why the left out the dragoon and geomancer.

arcdragon9
02-10-2004, 03:50 AM
I agre that Dragoon, Ninja, and a few other would have been sweet.

SpiritWolf
03-09-2004, 03:18 PM
I would have liked to see Dragoon and Ninja job classes in the game as well.

Halenite
03-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Although Berserker is similar to the geomancer.

Penance99999
03-20-2004, 11:33 AM
A Dark mage.

with forbidden abilities such as:

ultima
flare
meteor
metron
holy
quake
tornado

one mp cost
magic booster
auto reflect
auto shell
reflect x2 (like in FF9!!)
mp absorb

What do you think? I hated having to use that stupid meddigo grid just to use ultima and flare. They should have made something with those moves. It would have been the best DS.

unknown88
03-20-2004, 07:02 PM
interesting ds Penance99999, could be a nice advanced job.

Though an assassin would of really rocked, cause all type of status ailments and use ultima. :)

zacks_clone
03-20-2004, 09:29 PM
The beserker was ruined,i agree...but it did probly slip from its title of Beserker, to male fanservice ( seeing how all of the girls are practicaly naked...)

i would have loved to see a dragoon,or lancer.Blitzer would have been pretty cool.

Old Manus
03-20-2004, 10:05 PM
A capturer-whatsit so you can "call on friendly critters" to help ya out.
Which also means you can equip whips and chains.... ;)

celtcknight
03-20-2004, 10:16 PM
How about politician dressphere

you change dresses into a suit and tie and a podium comes from out of the ground and you procede to persuade the enemy not to attack and give up some items. The more advanced you are the rare items are dropped

And when you maxout the dresssphere you can persuade enemies to follow you to your next campaign.

Penance99999
03-21-2004, 03:44 AM
Yeah assassin would be cool to have.

I'm thinking of these abilities: (strike abilities automatically added to your normal attack ;) )

Death strike
Poison strike
confuse strike
Stone strike
Full break
Quick hit
Assassinate (auto death strike to ANYTHING that you attack from behind)
All or Nothing (converts Def stat to STR and can surpass your str beyond 255).

Ribbon
Back guard (prevents ambush)

Don't know why an assassin would possess ultima?

EternalBahamut
03-21-2004, 04:43 AM
How about Chocobo dressphere

MateriaBladeVII
03-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Do you mean a Chocobo rider dressphere? Cuz Chocobo would be weird by itself...

unknown88
03-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Penance99999
Don't know why an assassin would possess ultima?

For some odd reason they do have it. Though its cool. If assassins ever gotten status I think they should have the highest speed in a dressphere, good power and for not making it too strong below average hp. That sounds good to me (sees girls in assassin suits :D )

Penance99999
03-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Yeh they should have auto haste and counter attack. what was I thinking! ultima just seems wierd. I wouldn't complain though!

skatehippie
03-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Well I'd just like to point out some things:

Yes the Berserker class changed, but I really really loved it. Think about it, you have the berserk ability at least, and the costumes are barbaric almost, giving that primal instinct sort of look, which would cover the Geomancer theme to some degree.

And about the ninja class, yes it seems to be a classic job BUT, they covered that quite nicely with the Berserker. How? Well, each girl has their own unique fighting style.

Yuna: Acts like an animal in a pouncing position. This style can be related to lots of traditial Martial Art styles, based around the tiger and other cat-like animals.

Rikku: Oh comon ain't it obvious?? It's Capioera! Probably my favorite type of martial arts. It's a Brazilian style of fighting/dancing. Eddy Gordo and Christie Montiero use this style in the Tekken games.

Paine: From what I can tell, her style is that of boxing/kickboxing.

Dragoon would have been nice...
And I thought the Gun Mage was a variant of a Red Mage? ...I dunno