PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone beat FFII (NES)

final boss
11-06-2003, 02:05 AM
I beat FFII for the PSX and I have a question: how can anyone beat the NES version? On the PSX version, I memo saved my game every few steps in most of the dungeons. The monsters were almost deadly, I can barely run from them. It took me an HOUR to get J and P. How can anyone beat the NES version whithout getting killed the first battle?

Bahamut2000X
11-06-2003, 02:23 AM
I beat the NES version, all I'll say is...a lot of patience and luck if how you beat it.

Nemkuu
11-08-2003, 03:18 AM
this is the FF3 link....go to FF2 link to get FF2 info..:mad: ..kinda makes sence dont it:eek:

MagicKnight Locke
11-08-2003, 12:27 PM
im not sure but i think someone posted this strategy a long time ago:
simply consider on vit,hp and str.No black mage spells needed only cure and esuna white spells. In the end most enemies will go down in 1(or 2 or 3) physical hits.
I tried it myself.Lvling at mages and warr awhile making my int score equal nothing. I killed borgan in one hit.
I had that turtle thingy before but due to my high vit it wasnt a trouble.So that makes ff2j extremly easy at least for me.I will go on trying this strategy but as for now it is making ff2 the easiest ff for me.

PS:If anyone remembers whose strategy this is please let me know

rigell
01-05-2004, 05:45 AM
an emulator ;)

black orb
01-05-2004, 07:25 AM
>>> Is NES FF2 that difficult?? more than FF1??
I never played that game, thats why Im asking..

Fredde
01-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Final Fantasy II is a game for the patient. If you're gonna beat it fair and square (no pun intended), without using emulator savestates and such, you're gonna have to to a lot of levelling up. That's what I did. And to not die of boredom, I simply turned of the music, found my favorite radio channel and mindlessly leveled up while listening to some nice music (of course, FFII has some GREAT music, but you're gonna get pretty tired of the battle-theme after the gazillionth time or so).

Sefie1999AD
01-05-2004, 04:22 PM
I don't think you need that much patience and leveling up. If you go to some dungeon with too little HP, you'll get beaten up and thus gain more HP. If you don't have enough MP for casting Cure spells, you'll run out of MP but gain some more so you can manage. If your weapon isn't strong enough, it will level up faster, but if it's too strong, it won't improve even if you use it to beat up the enemies.

I don't think FF2 is that hard or tedious. It's just... different from the other FFs. It's not really that bad. About spells, I usually make one black magic character because Fire/Ice/Bolt spells are very deadly against some creatures (Adamantoise, for example). I make one character a pure fist fighter, and one character will be pretty much like a Paladin, with a sword, a shield and white magic spells.

Mystik_Ninja
01-08-2004, 04:59 PM
This is a very tedious game! Make the leveling go by more quickly by selecting each character to attack\useMagic then canceling each order. Do this several times each fight that you encounter and your characters will gain the experience for the specific moves that use made then canceled.

DJZen
01-11-2004, 04:28 AM
The problem, Mystic Ninja, is that that process is very tedious and dull. One of the big tricks to the game is to have every character focus on one particular thing. If you make one character a pure physical fighter, they'll be awesome at fighting. If you have them use a lot of black magic, they'll be a good black mage. Unfortunately, levelling up spells takes forever, so if you're trying to make one character proficient at ALL white spells, you'll be at it a VERY long time.

Dragonfire
01-11-2004, 04:08 PM
IMHO, FF2 has the greatest and worst system for an RPG. Video game, pen & paper, or otherwise, it offers one of the most realistic ideas for leveling, the fact that you only get better at something you practice, or only get stronger and more resilient the more wear and damage your body takes. The problem is that for a video game, it's too time consuming to keep alot of people interested for extended periods of time.

Flying Mullet
01-12-2004, 04:31 PM
It would have been nice for them to have put an easy mode on Final Fantasy II like they did on Final Fantasy I on Origins where your learning rate on weapons, spells and such was doubled or tripled.

Even when using an emulator with a spec up game I get bored with Final Fantasy II trying to level up.

DJZen
01-14-2004, 02:20 AM
Funny you should mention that.....

FF2 on Origins DOES have an easier mode, it's the normal game. When you beat it you have the option of playing the game in its original difficulty.

guy316
01-18-2004, 04:16 AM
:)

guy316
01-18-2004, 07:10 PM
to beat the final boss u have to use the blood sword. (I think thats what its called.) Anyway the emperor is really weak against that weapon. I personally have never beaten it but lots of faqs say thats the easiest way to win.

Book
01-22-2004, 04:05 PM
I haven't finished FF2 yet as I think it's really boring tbh. ButI think I will... someday.

Flying Mullet
01-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by DJzen
Funny you should mention that.....

FF2 on Origins DOES have an easier mode, it's the normal game. When you beat it you have the option of playing the game in its original difficulty.
But it doesn't speed up the rate that you learn your levels on weapons and spells and that's what gets the most tedious for me.

Lamia
01-28-2004, 11:31 PM
This post proves how ingenius FFII is.