PDA

View Full Version : most annoying status effect

Ultima_Paladin
11-06-2003, 04:10 AM
what's the most annoying status effect

Talus
11-06-2003, 04:15 AM
Confusion, I don't like my team attacking me, they usually cause serious damage.

Advent Child
11-06-2003, 04:42 AM
i voted confuse, but zombie and petrify are right up there.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2003, 05:00 AM
The temperature ailments from FFIX. If a character is frozen, he invariably shatters and dies the next time he gets hit. If he's overheated, he'll die the next time he takes action. Not too nice.

Ranti
11-06-2003, 05:03 AM
I voted other, like Kawaii for the temperature things. The ones in FF9 were a pain until you wasted gems to equip the prevention ability for them. Also the frozen thing from FF6 was a pain as well.

Divina
11-06-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
The temperature ailments from FFIX. If a character is frozen, he invariably shatters and dies the next time he gets hit. If he's overheated, he'll die the next time he takes action. Not too nice.

I hated the Heat status effect...the enemies always inflict that status effect after I've inputted commands. ><

Angel_Eyes
11-06-2003, 02:29 PM
Virus, from FFIX. It stops your characters from getting exp at the end of battle. I don't think there is any protection against it, and it is VERY annoying as you get much EXP in Memoria

NM
11-06-2003, 04:22 PM
I'd say Petrify 'cos if you fight something that inflicts it on your entire party, thats it game over. You can at least escape from battle if you effected by the others. Unless it's a boss battle that is. :D

Sefie1999AD
11-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Confusion and Zombie (the ailment in FF5 which reduces zombified character's HP to 0 and has him/her attack my other party members) have always been the most annoying status ailments to me. Many status problems in FF6 also really annoyed me. :mad: As for the Virus status in FF9, I kind of liked that since it allowed me to do some strategic leveling up. I just let those who were already on high levels get infected by Virus, and the guys on lower levels got EXP faster that way.

Cz
11-06-2003, 05:41 PM
FFIX's Heat was very annoying, since it was impossible to cure (although a Remedy/Elixir may have worked, I'm not sure) and tended to be inflicted after you'd chosen the character's move for that turn. Unavoidable KO's are not fun.

Stop's also right up there, as there's no curative item. Again, a Remedy or Elixir might do the trick, but I can't remember.

Imperia
11-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Confusion... I really hate that... Petrification's really annoying as well- along with stop and slow.

SephirothsAngel
11-06-2003, 10:19 PM
I voted "other". I'm with the majority that said the heat and freeze things from FFIX. That was annoying and all my people usually died.

ZeZipster
11-06-2003, 10:30 PM
I actually like Berserk, it helps me. Especially in FFTA. The most annoying would be confusion. You can't control them AND they attack you... That bugged the heck out of me.

i90east
11-07-2003, 12:15 AM
I voted "other" for zombie. It causes your character to lose all HP, and only 1 item cures it. Zombie causes your characters to attack each other. The only good thing is that they make good human sheilds (they take an unlimited number of damage). It's still annoying though.

Armisael
06-24-2004, 07:46 PM
confusion.i hate it! :mad2:

black orb
06-24-2004, 09:07 PM
>>> Confusion is the most annoying, I think is better die than damage your own party and waste precious items..

Lord Chainsaw
06-25-2004, 02:17 AM
I loathe confusion. I learned to FEAR it from playing the final battle in Legend of Dragoon.

Final Fantasy cuts you a bigger break with confusion in that once you get physically hit it wears off, but it is still something to be feared.

It's like sleep, but only worse. You can't control your characters like sleep, but unlike sleep, you're getting beaten to hell with your own guys.

That said, confusion isn't the worst. It's condemn.

I say condemn and not heat from FFIX because often times condemn is cast on the entire party making it truly terrible.

-N-
06-25-2004, 02:41 AM
What about Death?

DJZen
06-25-2004, 03:56 AM
Death almost always misses as a spell, and as a status it's easy to cure with a Pheonix Down or a Life spell. Most of the severe statuses don't bother me much since once they're done, that's it. Death, petrification, stop etc. just happen and that's it. Confusion also doesn't bother me 'cause it usually doesn't last long. Toad and mini suck pretty bad, but to me, nothing can even compare to slow. I hate waiting for my next turn while I just get the snot beaten out of me. It's like you're not dead, they still give you some hope, and then you just get stomped.

Rusty
06-25-2004, 07:35 AM
Confusion, its annoying.

nik0tine
06-25-2004, 08:40 AM
i say confusion as well...

muchacho
06-25-2004, 08:16 PM
in ff8 its breserk

but in everything else its confuse