PDA

View Full Version : Armor or Weapons First? Money mngmnt problms...

Rizzice
11-06-2003, 07:43 AM
Okay, so I'm a galka WAR(planning on DRK/WAR combo).. what would be more important at level 12? I've already got a scythe ready for level 15.... and i am wearing bronze subligar with all leather armor.. should I aim for the NEXT scythe after the level 15(lgn scythe) one? or should I just buy armor?

Or if I should try to get both sequentially, how should I do it, the armor is getting expensive, and each piece starting at scale is already worth 1 whole scythe, pretty much.. can someone give me advice in money management please?

Bahamut2000X
11-06-2003, 11:12 AM
I would say armor would be better first, seeing as your a warrior so you'll need the defense to tank.

Although a easy way to make money is to do repeatable quests or also sell things at auction. Especially stacks of 12 crystals, they sell for 1000+ gil and are relativly easy to collect. I hear fire crystals sell for 2000-2500+ too.

Rizzice
11-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same, Bah... but since I'm going DRK, I thought that armor would not be as useful because I shouldn't be taking dmg anyways, due to DRK's natural lower defense... but i'm not sure.. any other opinions?

Bahamut2000X
11-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Well your not going to be a dark knight for a while, and besides getting good defense is always a godo thing, if dark knights have such low defense then making it higher would be better then just leaving it low and taking a lot more damage.

escobert
11-07-2003, 02:06 AM
I agree get your D up now just to make life easier later in the game. Since you can't even use the Scythe you have right now why bother buying another?

Rizzice
11-08-2003, 08:17 PM
also... are ranged weapon a must?

XERO
11-10-2003, 01:32 AM
no

Ichy
11-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Seriously, get some Scale asap, it's your job to take hits. Your healers will love you for wearing it, too. ;)

Lionx
11-12-2003, 01:27 PM
LAter on armour is crazy, so just buy a weapon and spend Conquest points (CP) on armour. Unless you got a guild job its going to be hell to get money.

I recommend u doing Tanning since its somehow used in making ur next armour the Lizard one.

Ichy
11-12-2003, 06:35 PM
I don't know about other countries, but making money in Windurst on Midgardsormr is a snap!
Kill Crawlers, sell Silk Thread for 400 and trade in 3 Crawler Calculuses to an NPC for 600.
Kill River Crabs, trade in 2 Remi Shells to an NPC for 200. Sell a stack of Rock Salt for 500.
Kill Yagudos and use wind crystals to synth 3 Grass Threads from their necklaces, then use an earth crystal with those 3 threads to synth one Grass Cloth. Rinse and repeat 12 times and sell the stack for 3K.
Kill Goblin Thugs and sell a stack of 12 Onions for 3K. Kill Mandragoras and trade Cornettes to an NPC for 200and 4 leaf Mandragora Buds to the same guy for 120.
Kill Bees and sell a stack of BeeHive Chips for 2K and a stack of honey for 500-600 (not sure of the current price on that one).
Kill Bats and sell a stack of Bat Wings for 1.2K

Well, you get the idea. Money is only an issue for lvl whores and lazy people. If you're hell bent on gaining lvls fast, then alternate between jobs and follow the tactics above.

BTW, If you stick with jobs that use the same equipment you only need to buy one set of gear and then bank it for later. I've saved thousands doing this as I lvl both WAR and THF (16 and 8 now, respectively), and later on NIN.

I still say you should buy the armor and make your healer's life easier. Even if you do a couple of points damage less until you get the weapon you can still provoke to save her and she can still heal to save you. Plus, shopping for one weapon is a hell of alot easier than for a full suit of armor. Best to get it as soon as you can.