PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears for $19.99. Srisly.

Doomgaze
11-08-2003, 07:48 AM
"Square Enix has recently announced four PSOne titles which are joining the Greatest Hits lineup. This includes Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Vagrant Story, and Xenogears. The four titles are scheduled for a December release and expected to sell for a retail price of $19.99."

-from Gameforms from EGM from Someone Else

So, if you don't have it yet, you'll soon have no excuse.

Unless you're in a PAL territory. Import it, then. If you haven't. You should have.

Garland
11-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Anthology and Chronicles caught my interest more than Xenogears. The news is still good news, anyhow. I want to have a complete collection of all the Final Fantasies released in the US. I lack those two.

Doomgaze
11-08-2003, 08:06 AM
I still see those around fairly often, especially Chronicles.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-08-2003, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I'm getting Vagrant Story.

Big Ogre Umaro
11-12-2003, 08:12 AM
I don't think there's enough talk about Vagrant Story in this thread.

Big D
11-13-2003, 01:31 AM
If Final Fantasy Origins joins that lineup, I'll be happy. It's still too expensive here.
Got 'Anthology' for about $14 US last year, pretty decent deal. Also got Vagrant Story for about $4 US.

Never played any of the Xeno games, but some people keep goin' on about them. Might have to take a look...

Edgar
11-14-2003, 06:08 AM
Get Xenogears! That price is a damn good bargain for a game like that!

Except for the cuts tho...

Shoeberto
11-16-2003, 04:00 AM
What bugs me about this is the fact that six months ago I paid $49 for a used copy of Xenogears at EB. Anger.

Mr. Graves
11-17-2003, 04:00 AM
*adds to must-buy list*

IamTidus
11-17-2003, 05:35 PM
*does happy happy dance* All of those I've been wanting for oh so long but didn't want to pay $50 buck off eBay cause I never see it in Stores

Havoc
11-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Hsu

What bugs me about this is the fact that six months ago I paid $49 for a used copy of Xenogears at EB. Anger.

Don't be too angry. Eb has currently upped the price of Xenogears to $65. I wonder which moron will pay THAT price?:D

NAILBAT
11-28-2003, 06:28 PM
I was lucky to find 4 copies at a local k-mart that was closing down,they were all marked down to $9.99...then i sold three for $50 and held my copy

CloudDragon
12-03-2003, 04:21 AM
Yeah, I had to buy a used copy of Xenogears for a pretty hefty price because my brother f'ed up the discs of my last copy. I heard about this a week or so ago as well.

Before The Power
12-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Sweet jesus, I must import these games.

Casey
12-08-2003, 05:49 AM
Sweet. Im getting xenogears since my one thats 5 yrs old is all scracthed up.:cry: I got it from funcoland to for only 49.99. 20$ Good price though.:D

The Man
12-10-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Hsu

What bugs me about this is the fact that six months ago I paid $49 for a used copy of Xenogears at EB. Anger. I'd be pissed, too.

Now all they need to do is make Greatest Hits releases of the Suikoden series (even though they apparently weren't hits at all) and I'll be all set. 8-)

edczxcvbnm
12-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Now just like the Release of FFT...re-release the strat. guide.

Dingo Jellybean
12-20-2003, 12:58 AM
I'm happy about the decision.

I sold XG on eBay a few months ago for $65. I sold FFC on eBay for $45. I sold FFA on eBay for $65. Now the fact that I can get these titles back is amazing. So yeah...sweet. It's about time too.

MecaKane
12-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Sweet, non-buggy/slow/emulated Xenogears here I come.

And maybe FFC if I feel like it.

edczxcvbnm
12-24-2003, 08:29 AM
okay....december is almost over...WHERE THE :skull::skull::skull::skull: IS THIS ALREADY?!?!?!?! I was going to get Xenogears as a chirstmas present for my friend but bahhhh to that one. This is starting to piss me off.

CloudDragon
12-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Not sure on that one, though I wouldn't think you'd start seeing it anywhere for few months after the announcement.

Arthurdent_78
12-26-2003, 07:20 PM
I know what you are saying about a few months after the announcement, but in the news section here at eoff, it says released on Dec 9. Also, most of the news reports before said sometime in December. I understand that usually the reports of some release or another are usually months before, but not when they give a specific date, right? Another thing I noticed too, is that many game stores seem to be clearing out their PSOne games, do you think it'll be on PS2?

CloudDragon
12-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Nah, won't be on PS2, just because they're not remakes, they're just re-releases. I'm not exactly sure what the whole deal with that is. I might have to look into that.

Ouch!
12-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Finally got my grubby hands on Xenogears for $30, but it was a used copy. Where are the re-releases?

CVFreak
01-16-2004, 12:54 AM
I second that, where are they ? Is this actualy FACT they are coming out ?

Its pretty darn hard to find some of those games here in good condition or even with covers for a reasonable price, there is this one real arse a few blocks from me, its a microplay, they have a limited selection of all sorts of games and consoles from the last 10 years or more. But the dolt has no shades up and 90% of the games are all faded ( some literly just the disks !!! ) because of sunburn, and he still charges EBAY prices ! The guy is whack but he gets few sales anyway.

I just hope these do come out, I need Xeno, Anthology and Chronicles bad, wonder if Anthology will have the music disk also...I used to have it but sold it about 5 months after it came out cause I played FF 5 and 6 to death ( the ff6 gallery rocks btw once you beat it ).

CloudDragon
01-17-2004, 08:54 PM
I've seen Anthology, Chronicles, and Vagrant Story but I haven't seen games like Xenogears. Either they never came in or they went fast. :/

CVFreak
01-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Hrmmm

Where exactly did you see these ? I have yet to see them up for even pre orders on EB's upcoming ps1 new releases ( yes they are still making games for it, although crappy ones like little romper rooms adventure ) and even ps2 over the last 6 months, nadda !

If they are 100% coming out or are out, I would love to find out where, I would bet my left nut they will all sell like hotcakes if they do ship or are out, but even the distributers would not make a few, they know FF sells like mad and would make alot of copies, I highly doubt there is rare GH version ( well maybe SOTN ) for these games.

Just to see if this is clear with alot of people, as I have run into this bit of confusion before, we are talking about the GREEN GREATEST HITS right ? we are not talking about RE RELEASES in black ? As I have seen a number of copies of re release ( or maybe just old stock ) of FF Chronicles and even a final non collectors package ( bought it acutaly ) of Lunar the Silver Star Story Complete.

It would be fairly large news for the even medium level rpg collectors of square.

I wonder if the disk will have those ugly non white silver and black text on them, and if FFA will have the Bonus OST and VS have the Square Collectors Sample CD ( think it was Volume III ).

Somone has to know something right ? anyone...( is eager to spend green :) ).

On another note, and I highly doubt this is news, but has anyone seen those special Jap Import Square collectors version of like Parasite Eve and Front Mission 3 ? I saw a few up on ebay over the last few months going for around 75 US, they seemed to be picture disk and came in cardboard special boxes....just wondering thats all, I should probably have bought them damnit !

CVFreak
01-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Nevermind, its all 100% true, they are all up on ebay right now.

Good...now everyone has a chance to play these great classics.

CloudDragon
01-30-2004, 09:24 PM
That's good, but next time just use the edit/delete button in the bottom of your post instead of double posting.

master01
03-04-2004, 01:17 PM
is there any way to order from square?

Jalbrean
03-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Square-Enix USA (http://www.square-enix-usa.com/seui/index.htm) Click on the store tab at the top of the page. Shipping fee's for UPS is $7.45 and it's $15.95 for FedEx. Their shipping is always high. Egh.

master01
03-06-2004, 09:40 AM
thanks...
i dont realy care for the prise... got 500$ for my "bar-mitzva" (the only good thing about being jew is bar mitzva... one of my friend got 9000$ in israel, each dollar equales to 4 or 5 new shequels, lucky basterd...)

bEoWuLfX
04-18-2004, 12:05 AM
I haven't seen chronicles , but have seen all the others infact, I bought anthology 3 weeks ago. I have the original xenogears, but my ex- Girl friend jacked my startegy guide... That b!tch! If you are really after these games go to a gamestop or check their stock of the game on the website. If you want chronicles EB has really cheap shipping.

bEoWuLfX
05-18-2004, 02:40 AM
Yes! I finally have Chronicles I'm excited to play FF4. YAY! :mog: :hat: :shoot: :chef: :megaman:

GhandiOwnsYou
07-24-2004, 04:17 AM
Me. I'm the bitch that paid $65 for a shiny new copy that took me MONTHS to find. Jerkoff. And i love that game...i love it like a son.