PDA

View Full Version : Quina: Better than you think

Phil
11-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Well, I run around and train quite often. I recently aquired the LImit Glove abuility, which only works whn your HP is 1. To use it, you just let quina die, and use a phoenix down. She then has 1 hp, and does 9999 with limit glove! You can also use a high level quina to perform the pumpkin head, which does the difference between your max hp and current hp. Do you guys know any other useful quina moves?

Zifnab
11-08-2003, 08:09 PM
Frog Drop, LV Death and White Wind are the only reason I'd ever use Quina.

Heath
11-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Yes, but Phoenix Down doesn't always give you 1 HP it gives you between 1 and either 9 or 12 I believe.

Cz
11-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Quina is the best character in FFIX. At least battle-wise. The sheer range of Blue Magic spells make it a formiddale force, and it's absolutely essential to any sensibe levelling-up strategy.

Quina is God. :D

MagicKnight Locke
11-09-2003, 03:42 PM
I always have Quina for lvling. His lvl5 death kills grand dragons in one hit

DocFrance
11-10-2003, 04:40 AM
I really liked the way you learned blue magic in FFIX. It was better than the last four FF's, since it still had a challenge to it, and it wasn't as annoying as waiting for the monster to use a spell on you. The fact that pretty much every monster in the game will teach you a spell is a plus.

BTW, how does White Wind work? In FFV-FFVII, it healed everyone by an amount equal to the caster's current HP, but in FFIX it seems to be something completely different.

LV5 Death, LV4 Holy, Night (when everyone has Insomniac), Aqua Breath, Earth Shaker, White Wind, Frog Drop, Pumpkin Head, and LV3 Def-less are all great for certain situations.

Angel_Eyes
11-10-2003, 03:03 PM
I tried to level up Quina with Blue Magic at the start but the whole "Me no can eat" got really REALLY annoying (especially after I'd spent ages getting the beasts HP just right)

My Quina now is about average I guess....not good, not bad.

Rude
11-12-2003, 03:27 PM
Don't forget Mighty Gaurd, which is the best defensive spell in the game.

FinalFantasy_89
11-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Mighty Guards a good one. Use it against Ozma the big soap bubble guy. Cast reflect to block his meteor and doomsday and then Mighty Guard (which will go through reflect) so you can defend well against Ozma's Flare Star and Curse (which CAN go through reflect)

Del Murder
12-01-2003, 06:55 AM
Quina is my favorite to use. ME EAT NOW. Classic. Blue magic like Frog Drop and Bad Breath are quite useful. Auto Life never hurts, and Angel Snack can get you out of a bind if your party has just been hit by Curse.

Lord Chainsaw
12-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Quina's the best.

Capture a bit over a 100 frogs and your frog drop is dishing 9999 every time.

Mighty Guard and Auto Life as mentioned before, are priceless. Any character can do 9999 damage or near that amount with the exception of maybe Steiner. But not only does Quina do 9999 every time, but it has some very valuable assist spells as well.

Del Murder
12-02-2003, 05:39 AM
The real good thing about it is that it only costs 10mp. Flare, Shock, Holy, Ark all cost too much for my tastes. Stealing or killing dragons takes a lot of time and is not nearly as fun as frog catching. Frog Drop is probably the best move in the game.

Lord Chainsaw
12-05-2003, 06:41 PM
And thievery is almost impossible to get to a point where it does 9999 damage.

I stole and stole and stole and by the end of the game it was only doing 3000. Frog drop is the best bang for your buck.

Flare_Star
12-06-2003, 11:17 AM
i never use quina. i dont know why, but hes just not my type of character, y'know? Like i never use Kimahri or Cid i the other games.

Plus i HATE him/her/it.

Godzilla3001
03-04-2004, 12:12 PM
HE'S a HIM!!! I always use Quina mainly because he has White Wind which heals through Reflect and Auto-Reflect and that's why I don't ever use Dagger/Garnet/Sarah or Eiko?

SuperPac
03-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Actually, from my understanding, the Quan don't have genders. Even Quak (or whatever his name was), the leader of Quina's village, called Quina a him/her/it.

Godzilla3001
03-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Ah well, just makes life easier saying Quina's a boy cos then you don't have to write him/her/it all the time hehee

Da.Skull
04-18-2004, 12:29 AM
Quina is a character for more variable FF players. If you are not a real FF fan and u play the game you will get pretty much bored and irritated cause of Quina.

It takes a long long time to get certain (good) spells for Quina, and her/his/it defence is pretty low ... I mean why use a weak character if you could also use Knucklehead Steiner or Freya ??

Offcourse if u are willingly to take the time to master this character it will be eventually one of the best characters in the game (and ever :))
Cause its not a character that you should just press attack the whole ****in time, u must use different spells depending on type of the enemy. And most players do not realise this.

What also is so great about Quina is that the attitude :)
I mean the world is close to be Terminated totally, and all Quina can think about is eating :D but one thing i find pretty silly, it's the Overdrive off Quina, Cook is not much different then Eat ...

Anyway i like Quina and its a good character IF and only IF you are willingly to take the time to master it.

Armisael
06-02-2004, 02:44 PM
That limit glove ability and lv death where can you get it? :confused:

Cz
06-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Limit Glove is obtained from Blazer Beetles, found outside Madain Sari.
Lv. 5 Death is learned from Whale Zombies, found on the beach at Palmnell Island (Where Chocobo's Lagoon is located).

Lehteb
06-03-2004, 07:23 AM
how do you get frog drop, i never got that one...

Da.Skull
06-03-2004, 10:18 PM
From the frog monster in Qu's Marsh
Dunno his name
it's a frog :p

eestlinc
06-07-2004, 10:03 AM
noone has mentioned how useful magic hammer is in beating Ozma.

It's very useful.