PDA

View Full Version : What is the Keyblade

Vermachtnis
11-09-2003, 05:07 AM
Well, what kind a weapon is it? I think it's an axe. But, he stabs stuff like it's spear. Then when he cast fire it's kinda like a gun. So I'm just confused I wonder what y'all think it is.

Jalbrean
11-09-2003, 05:57 AM
He wields it like a sword. It's about the size of a sword. Therefore it must be a sword. ;p

Sefie1999AD
11-09-2003, 10:16 AM
A blade is usually a sword. Squall's gunblade was a sword with a gun attached to it, right? I think Sora's keyblade was a sword with a keychain attached to it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-09-2003, 11:11 AM
It's a key.

Jalbrean
11-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Yeah Kawaii has a point.

Tetsuya
11-09-2003, 05:21 PM
nah not a key :p a blade sounds cooler doesnt it..

zacks_clone
11-10-2003, 12:24 AM
its somones imagination gone wild...But,i think it was ment to be like Squalls gunblade.Two thins: Sword,Key.(key-blade)

Advent Child
11-10-2003, 02:05 AM
It's a keyblade. That's like saying what's a sword and giving options of other weapons that aren't swords.

Ouch!
11-10-2003, 02:36 AM
I think it's a sword... with an axe on it... because it's so confusing, it must be made in Canada, because only a leafer could think of something so strangely wierd and bad. I voted Canada.

KaiMcCloud
11-28-2003, 10:08 AM
it's a key.Pure and simple.Sora just uses it as a sword so thats what i voted and it seems most of you agree.

eternalshiva
11-28-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Zaphier
I think it's a sword... with an axe on it... because it's so confusing, it must be made in Canada, because only a leafer could think of something so strangely wierd and bad. I voted Canada.

*glares*

I take offence to that. I'm Canadian *glares more*

Heartless Guardian
11-30-2003, 02:03 AM
I voted for the spear just for the heck of it. I kinda think it's a mix of all of them, but it is closest to a sword, 'cept for the fact that it's a key. Or if we drop the fact that it's a key, it could always be a short glaive. If any of you have ever handled one, it can be classified as that.

lemonation
11-30-2003, 03:10 AM
It is a Keyblade, nothing more, nothing less. It isn't a sword. It isn't an axe. It isn't anything in the poll. It is a Keyblade. A keyblade is something entirely different from all other weapons. It is a tool to ensure the safety of the worlds that can be wielded as a weapon in order to protect the Key Bearer. Because if the wielder of the Keyblade was unable to protect him/herself, it would be very bad. So the Keyblade is a super weapon, capable of laying a beatdown on any foe. It is compatible with Keychains so that it can become stronger, magic so that the Bearer need not rely on his weapon alone, and summons so that the Bearor can call upon outside help to aid his/her quest.
None of the options for voting apply to what the Keayblade is. So they are all pointless. So I vote for the vote that is most pointless of them all. Fragging llamas... I would of said Canada. But Canada isn't pointless. It holds some relevance. I just can't think of it right now... I jest. Canada roxxors. I think the Keyblade could be Canadian. Because it is an an odd weapon. And you'd have to be a little weird to put a maple leaf on your flag.
And I repeat: I jest. I'm not hating on Canada. I only poke fun at it. IT is coooool. Yes. Now let's get some sodas.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2003, 03:26 AM
All right.

eternalshiva
12-01-2003, 09:38 AM
OFF TOPIC:
Well, it used to be the British Flag until about 40 or 50 years ago cause Canada was a colony. Now we're our own country! Wee! I like the maple leaf, it's a beautiful tree and plus it comes from the MAPLE TREE = MAPLE SYRUP *dies*

A keyblade is a keyblade *Key with the ability to kick arse*

Gene Ohm
12-04-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
It's a key.

Mattokenzi
12-09-2003, 09:51 AM
it's a sword to me what Omni Legacy said is right. Sora does treat the keyblade as another weapon

lost_dreamer
12-09-2003, 03:20 PM
:mog: everyone knows that. the keybalde represents the sword that you can choose at the beginning of the game...but i do like llamas ^_^ :mog:

eternalshiva
12-09-2003, 03:27 PM
umm your sig is gigantic... it has to be at 250 pixels in height... you have it at 526 xD it's going to get removed by the mods.

~ eternalshiva

Ramza-Beolve
12-10-2003, 03:54 AM
In the beginning of the game you have to choose between three different attributes, a sword, a shield, and a magic rod....and when you pick the sword you get the keyblade in the beginning battle...its a sword.

Jalbrean
12-10-2003, 04:06 AM
You get the keyblade no matter which you choose (Sword, shield, staff) The theory doesn't hold water. ;p

eternalshiva
12-10-2003, 10:09 AM
xD It just has to do with your stats... not your weapon!

Xander
12-11-2003, 09:56 AM
I agree that the keyblade is a weapon in it's own right, not exclusively a sword or spear or whatever.... it does a lot of things...it's a keyblade! And everything else lemonation said :)

blue_midget192
12-11-2003, 02:10 PM
well as i'v not actually played the game i cannot comment on what happens in the game but on the face of it it seams to be a sword thus indicated by the word "blade" however the comment people have made about it being used as other things mean that its must be a distant realative of the sword but an actual original weapon in its own right. :)

DJZen
12-18-2003, 04:24 AM
If it IS a sword, it's an incredibly dull one...

Vincent
01-08-2004, 08:22 PM
*is sick of reading the same things over and over*

It's A SWORD!!!

The keyblade is part of the trinity which is the Shield the Magic Rod and the Sword!!!

Look... at the beginning you are to choose one of the three... the Shield the magic Rod or the Sword.

Look at Donald and Goofy.

Goofy has a Shield, Donald has a Magic Rod, and I'll let you guess what Sora's has.

Advent Child
01-09-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Vincent
*is sick of reading the same things over and over*

It's A SWORD!!!

The keyblade is part of the trinity which is the Shield the Magic Rod and the Sword!!!

Look... at the beginning you are to choose one of the three... the Shield the magic Rod or the Sword.

Look at Donald and Goofy.

Goofy has a Shield, Donald has a Magic Rod, and I'll let you guess what Sora's has.
Actually, those are with respect to stats. If they meant for one to be a keyblade they would have shaped it like a keyblade. Those 3 have nothing to do with the plot, or the selection of weapons. They were just added to add some more customizability to the game.

Pheesh
04-25-2004, 02:27 PM
has any1 noticed that sora holds the keyblade in the position which makes him hit people with the rounded edge. I find that pretty wierd. So if i had to choose what kind of weopon it was i would have to say a club ( thats what sora treats it like ). Riku held his the right way ( the way that meant he hit people with the axe-blade part of the keyblade. Also i'm not sure how you can call the keyblade a sword. Its practically blunt except for the part at the top. which is exactly what an axe looks like. I voted axe.

The Nique
04-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Well, it depnds on what form the keyblade is in... It always acts as a key, so thats given. But it seems to be slightly different each time...

For instance, the kingdom key is just a rod. there is no 'blade' persay. Its like hitting someone with a staff.. except worse becuase it has the little key-bit thing on the end. Ouch.

But keyblades like lionheart, pumpkin king, and oblivion are all thin metal, and could conciveably be sharpened so as to be a 'blade'

Then there's the metal chocobo, which is basically a long metal 2x4.

There was others that were more blades like, and others that were not so much... oathkeeper was a blade, but if memory serves, fairy harp was a short, long-knife length magic enhancer.

Keyblade= thingy to beat baddies over the head with

Oh, and the other keyblade weilder (ansem? or was that riku's... anyway) was definatly a blade. and a nasty one at that.

Pheesh
04-26-2004, 07:59 AM
The only reason i'm worried about this ( and for the record i like sora just as much as the next guy) is because I think sora might be a bit of a weakling. Well not so much a weakling, but he just dosn't seem to be the manliest of all people. When i first noticed this i tried to deny it by saying it was so if KH started kids fighting each other at least they would be hitting each other with blunt parts of knives and axes. But that didn't cut it because riku fights with the sharp part of his keyblade. Spoiler: also when sora see's kairi in hallow bastion and says "open your eyes" he dosn't sound to musculant. I pray that i'm wrong ( it dosn't right that the keyblade master should be a sissy) but i may need a bit of convincing.
Any feedback???

Ariel
04-26-2004, 11:40 PM
You could say it's a sword with a few notches. =P But all in all, I'll agree with what's been said above. It's a unique weapon.

And gunblade fanatic... why should Sora have to be some musclebound weightlifter type guy, anyway? From what I gathered, the Keyblade master was supposed to have inner strength, which was why Riku, the original wielder, couldn't wield it.

TasteyPies
04-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Its a key thats given the properties of a sword through magic. The keyblade is not sharp or have any edge by itself but it is incredibly shrap through magic

Dark Songstress
06-17-2004, 01:52 AM
it a key and sword...morph together

Bahumat
06-24-2004, 09:26 AM
Well, it depnds on what form the keyblade is in... It always acts as a key, so thats given. But it seems to be slightly different each time...

For instance, the kingdom key is just a rod. there is no 'blade' persay. Its like hitting someone with a staff.. except worse becuase it has the little key-bit thing on the end. Ouch.

But keyblades like lionheart, pumpkin king, and oblivion are all thin metal, and could conciveably be sharpened so as to be a 'blade'

Then there's the metal chocobo, which is basically a long metal 2x4.

There was others that were more blades like, and others that were not so much... oathkeeper was a blade, but if memory serves, fairy harp was a short, long-knife length magic enhancer.

Keyblade= thingy to beat baddies over the head with

Oh, and the other keyblade weilder (ansem? or was that riku's... anyway) was definatly a blade. and a nasty one at that.

Yea, your right, but i think that the key blade is a sword, like the gunblade (gun-blade, key-blade). it is a multi-purpose weapon that has different uses in different situations, but still a blade.

Bomber
06-26-2004, 04:45 AM
The syllable "blade" brings it down to either a sword or an axe. And by the way Sora fights with it, I'd say it has the likeness of a sword.

MoonZapdos
06-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Definetely a sword.
In the start of the game you had to choose a weapon right?
Look at Donald and Goofy, they have a rod and a shield.
I'll let you guess who remains with the sword :rolleyes2

SomethingBig
06-30-2004, 10:15 PM
blade
n.
The flat cutting part of a sharpened weapon or tool.

A sword.
A swordsman.

There. It's a sword. Rather, a mix between a key and a sword, though you can argue that the Oblivion and Ultima Weapon are more swords than keys.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-03-2004, 02:42 AM
I'll go with the Keyblade as an original weapon, but it's definitely meant to be taken as a sword, albight an odd one. look at Tidus' usual sword style in FFX, it's got that little hooky type bit on it. That the closest thing to it i've seen. or in actual weaponry, you're looking at more of a shortened halberd, with a wicked edge on the staff part.

Chibi Youkai
07-04-2004, 05:05 AM
It's an enlarged key. That's all. Origional, not your ordinary, run of the mill weapon.

chu52
07-22-2004, 11:40 PM
A blunt instrument, because heartless are metaphysical it cuts them, it can support magic like a stave, and just whacks non heartless things so there you go.

Giga Guess
08-08-2004, 07:21 AM
A sword, but on the other hand, a kind of mace perhaps?

BTW, I'm a "leafer" too! But then, I think up some wierd things, so...

Ryth
08-09-2004, 02:12 PM
It is a KeyBLADE therefore it is a keysword and if you get the Ultima Weapon (strongest KeyBlade in the game) you can see under all that gold stuff is a sword.

Pheesh
08-14-2004, 03:00 PM
I found a few raesons why all signs point to it being an axe.

1. They probably called it the keyblade to make it sound cooler. I mean it keyaxe wouldn't sound too good.

2. the dictionary says that a sword is "a weapon with a long, strait or slightly curved, sharp edged on one side or both sides with one end pointed and the other side fixed to a hilt" and it says that an axe is " an instrument with a bladed head on a handle or helve". Compare these two and see which one the keyblade relates too.

3. look at these pics (first is a kingdom key, then a sword and then an axe) and tell me which two look more alike.

Ashton
08-20-2004, 12:41 PM
It's a sword thingy....http://img20.exs.cx/img20/3968/sora4.gif