PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE! I need SERIOUS help with an FFX BOSS!

Xider
11-09-2003, 05:57 PM
I am soooo stuck on Seymour Flux. Not to mention the fact that my sphere grid is a mess. People's skills are overlapping and such.

Some good moves that I have to fight this guy are Hasteaga, Slowga, Thundaga, Firaga, Wateraga, Blizzaga, Delay Buster, Cura, Shell, Reflect, and Bio.

Any help...anyone?

NM
11-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Go into battle with all your Aeons overdrive guages at full. Use the overdrive and then he'll remove your Aeon before you can use it again. Then on Yunas next turn just summon the next one. Repeat with all of your Aeons. Use Hasteaga at the beggining to speed things up. Use Cure when you need to.

muchacho
11-10-2003, 12:15 AM
which one is that?

anyway, basicly what NM. it also helps to have everyones overdrive up too. just go in there, aeon blitz, then when their done kick his ass with everyone elses overdrive.

Zifnab
11-10-2003, 10:16 AM
If you want to kill him without Aeon Overdrives casting Bio will poison him, which is handy.

Big D
11-10-2003, 10:38 AM
A Boss who's actually vulnerable to status ailments!? Who woulda thought... no wonder people are always bashing FFX for being 'too different' to the rest of the series...:)

I used the 'Aeon Overdrive' technique, starting with Bahamut and working backwards toward the weaker Aeons. I was too poor to afford Yojimbo's exorbitant fees, so alas I didn't have the benefit of his services. Zanmato is so handy sometimes.

Once my Aeons were all done and dusted, I just sent Auron to work with his swords and overdrives. Some of Rikku's "Mix" explosives work very well, too.

The basic procedure is to be fast, be powerful, be efficient.

...Seymour Flux is the form you fight at Mount Gagazet, isn't it?

Ireng
12-08-2003, 01:39 AM
Indeed, it is.

Mo-Nercy
12-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Remember to stock up on Holy Waters from Wantz. That oughta be handy.

Storm
12-09-2003, 07:27 AM
The good thing about Seymour Flux is that he gives you hints as to what his next move will be.

Make sure you have hastega casted on everyone, otherwise he'll use Lance of Atrophy and Full Life before you have a chance to move. Use a holy water on the person after they're hit with the Lance of Atrophy.

When he casts dispel on you, his next move is going to be Cross Cleve(about 2000 damage to everyone). Cast protect on everyone and use a mega potion after.

You get plenty of warning before he's going to do total annihilation. He'll consistently do this attack after you reduce him to less than 35000 hp's. Make sure everyone has shell casted on them otherwise there's no way you're going to survive.

Mo-Nercy
12-09-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Storm
Make sure you have hastega casted on everyone, otherwise he'll use Lance of Atrophy and Full Life before you have a chance to move. Use a holy water on the person after they're hit with the Lance of Atrophy.
Actually, I prefer to kill the character, so that Flux revives him/her with full health. Hehehe

jochirin
12-10-2003, 04:01 PM
i customised some shity armor whitzombieprotection (not proof) and i dident have any problem whit total annihilation... nor did i need protect... mabey thats just me...

pixie_demon
12-15-2003, 12:41 AM
i beat him with overdrives and just plain old bashing in the head, then i had a power failure before i could save, so i had to do it again.

i casted haste on my party, then poison on seymour, then haste on seymour.

it took HEAPS of damage each time and because of the haste, it damages like 5 times for each turn.

hope that helps if you wanna be cheaty

Rostum
12-15-2003, 11:44 AM
I found it incredibly easy to just cast poison on him when you enter battle and then throw your overdriven Aeons at him. Each time he banishes them he get's hit like 4,000HP or so, then the Morbis takes away some of his health to cure itself.

That pretty much screwed the Flux'er up, considering by Aeons did 9,999HP damage with the except of Bahamut doing 15,000HP damage. Also towards the end I just used Auron, Wakka and Tidus to do physical attacks doing 3,000HP damage and then poison.

Ah that was an easy battle yes? At first I was really stuck though, so don't worry.

blitzballstar01
12-15-2003, 09:55 PM
I just went to the save point and raised my levels as high as i could until i got bored. then i just got all of my characters and aeons into overdrive and kicked his butt. it took me forever to get my levels high enuff but hey, it was worth it.

Zeidrich
12-16-2003, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure if this works, but wouldn't zanmato be the easy way outta things? It may be a bit boring doing it that way though.

Captain_Spaulding
12-17-2003, 10:48 AM
I can tell you what to do. Skip to your loo. NO NO....No....I got it.... Drop the Bombshell...No thats wrong again. have you tried the "Fake him out method?"

Its where you have him attacking you but then you hit X, and you say "Look at this its a poodle"
The boss like a fool, looks....then, you strike, you take out your rotting coconut and hurl it at his inner thigh, REMEMBER INNER THIGH, not outer, that would be a crucial mistake.

Hope this helps.

Flare_Star
12-22-2003, 06:51 PM
REMEMBER!

CAST SHELL ON ALL THE PARTY BEFORE HE USES TOTAL ANNIHALLATION NOT PROTECT!!!!!!!!!

MAKE SURE YOU USE HASTEGA!

DONT BOTHER WITH STATUS AFFECT EXEPT POISON BECUASE HE IS PROBALY IMMUNE!

Phantom_Dream
12-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Well, Hastega, Zombie Defending (What I call both proof and normal), and a few Aeons should take him down. Don't recall using Aeons in that battle.

Flare_Star
12-23-2003, 11:09 AM
I just remembered. An absaloutly easy way of beating him is to mix trio of 9999 with rikku and use Slice and Dice. 60,000 health down in one overdrive.

Trio of 9999 ingredients are:

lvl 3 key sphere or level 4 key sphere

mix with:

Wing to discovery, underdogs secret, or a pendulum. i think there is one other im not sure i can remember.

anyway, every hit from then on will do 9999 damage.

I used a wing to discovery as its the easiest to get at that part in the game.

Lord Xehanort
12-23-2003, 07:08 PM
When he casts Reflect on himself, Dispel it. He will then use Flare on himself. Also, Mix one Electro Marble and one Silence Grenade. This will silence him for several turns.