PDA

View Full Version : JP w/o Exp?

Sasquatch
11-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Alright, first of all, I've played some of the game before, but never all the way through, and I'm not too far into a new game right now.

Is there any way to gain Job Points without gaining Experience Points? I know that in not too long, I'll be able to send my characters out on mini-quests that'll get them money and JP, but is there any other, more convenient way? I'm trying to get everybody to learn Job Pts. Up, the Squire skill that gives you another few JP per turn, but is there anything else?

Mwork
11-09-2003, 11:10 PM
You can get JP without gaining any Exp. The thing is, at least one person will have to be getting Exp.

Whenever one of your units gains JP from an action, all allies in the battle will get 1/4 of that JP for that Job the one is in.

It's slow but it's the best you've got.

The Calculator also has this movement ability called Move-Get JP. Whenever you move, you'll gain some JP. Not so useful in your situation, considering how many JP you need to even open up the Job. You probably won't want to get JP without Exp by that time.

Pancaek
11-10-2003, 03:34 AM
If you can afford it, buy a new soldier and use it as a JP slave. Never let the new soldier take any actions, so it's always at level 1. Then just throw stones and use other weak attacks against it, and heal it when necessary. This works better a bit later on, though, because when your characters are at level 11, they'll only get 1 experience point per action assuming your JP slave is still at level 1.

Or you could just Accumulate and Yell and stuff. It's free, and you can do it while you wait for the enemy to come to you.

Sasquatch
11-10-2003, 04:20 AM
Whenever one of your units gains JP from an action, all allies in the battle will get 1/4 of that JP for that Job the one is in.

That, I didn't know. I was wondering how the system worked that I'd be getting JP for a job I wasn't in.

But then how do I get JP for jobs that I don't have a person in yet? For example, I got like 150 JPs in Lancer, but at the time I didn't have a Lancer.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, y'all.

By the way, I think I'm just starting Chapter 2.

DocFrance
11-10-2003, 04:44 AM
I think that when a soldier opens up a new job, the new job (like Lancer) has a random amount of starting JP.

Mwork
11-10-2003, 06:14 AM
Yeah, when you first open up a Job, it'll come with JP.

Though I'm pretty sure the number is set, at 150.

Pancaek
11-11-2003, 02:46 AM
It's between 100 and 200.

MaX ReaLiTy
12-16-2003, 03:45 PM
Now I have gotten to the point where my job level is 8 but I dont have all the skills and it doesnt seems like my jp for this job is going up. How can I get Master if this is true?

-N-
12-18-2003, 08:30 PM
Master rank occurs when you have learned all the abilities. It is independent of Job level.

crono_logical
12-19-2003, 09:16 AM
I guess if you want to keep your level down low, you could go find those traps in some battlefields that lower your exp/level when you step on the trap.

unknown88
12-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Some jobs can't be mastered if you don't learn a special technique. Ex. Ramza's Squire

Otherwise, most of the time, your JP gaining increases as you level up.

Tick
04-22-2004, 01:43 AM
why would people want jp without exp?

Del Murder
04-22-2004, 02:04 AM
Mmhmm.