PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new FFVII challenge today. (Or tommorow).

DouLou
11-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Ah, Just registered up to these forums, from what I've seen so far they look pretty damn good.

So, for my first post I thought I'd just say that I'm starting a little challenge for me for FFVII, (since I seem to have so much free time lately).

So, here's my challenge, I'm gonna try to complete the game using only ONE character at any given time, I will only use their initial weopon, and I wont use ANY materia. Also, I'm going to try not to level up to much, I'm aiming to complete the game with a level of at most 50, possibly lower once i see how it's going.

I dont know exactly how 1337 you guys are at FF, no doubt some of you have probably tried this already, and probably done it, but I figure its a nice little challenge to fill up all my free time.

And of course, if any of you have a suprising amount of spare time like me, and still yearn for a new challenge, feel free post how you get along.

I'll update this topic every now and again with how I'm getting along, and I'll probably start posting here regularly. ;)

Wish me good luck :D

Brian The Pink Shark
11-10-2003, 07:24 PM
You should go over to the General Chat forum to introduce yourself.

Anyway hi.

I want to start a new FF VII game but my 'friend' has my disc one, I am really upset, anyone like that can't really be a friend.

Thats quite a challenge, but I don't think you can use only 1 charachter at a time, and it looks very hard without materia, but if you get rid of the level 50 limit I'm sure you could do it

Good Luck:p

Cloud_AA
11-10-2003, 07:35 PM
i agree i dont know what kinda friend that is but that task does seem quite hefty but i think ill try it when i get a chance

DouLou
11-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Your friend has your disk 1?

If my mate DARED touch my FFVII game I would casterate him and hang him upside down by hes ass pubes.

Brian The Pink Shark
11-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by DouLou
Your friend has your disk 1?

If my mate DARED touch my FFVII game I would casterate him and hang him upside down by hes ass pubes.

Thats my new policy after I get it back

zacks_clone
11-10-2003, 08:12 PM
I actually started a new game friday(had a 4 day weekend to kill off),and had planed to beat the game with Cloud using only his buster all the way through(must start small you know,seeing how im not too good at such games).I get up to Kalm,hear Cloudys story...then the whole thing freezes.Seph goes to cast a spell in a random battle...and his hair keeps waving,he keeps moving,the things keep flying...but not BOOM of the spell!I was so pissed...So,now i must go buy myself a new ff7 game, and a new ff 9 one( that ones messed up too

Maxico
11-10-2003, 08:46 PM
I've never been very good at challenges

Raiden
11-11-2003, 01:27 PM
You will have to level up a lot in the beginning if you're going to use only one character. Remember the first fight against Reno, one of his attacks imprisons one of your characters...

DouLou
11-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Oh well, Im off to start it now, I decided I'm gonna use accessories, because without it, i will have to level up to much.

Cloud_AA
11-11-2003, 10:33 PM
doulou man ur gonna need more then accessories like raiden said ull need to get past reno and bottomswell which require use of other characters, most likely.........anyway gl man ill talk to u online about our challenges

DouLou
11-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Guard Scorpion - Totally whooped this guys ass. Easy.

Air Buster - I underestimated the amount of potions I would need for this guy, I thought I was going to have to restart the game because I had went to far to go back and get more potions. But luckily I had a 'Spider Web' in my inventory, so i was able to cast slow on him and beat him.

Just tarting up Cloud at the moment, so I can see Don Corneo...

Cloud_AA
11-12-2003, 10:09 PM
lmao man how many hrs u at and how much have u leveled up

DouLou
11-13-2003, 05:15 PM
APS - Opened an extra large can of whoop ass on this dude.

Reno - I hate this guy, what sucks about this battle is that you have to kill Barret and the start of it so that your sticking with the Solo Character rule, but that dumbass Reno always uses the pyramid before I can kill Barret off.

I still havent beaten this guy...

edczxcvbnm
11-13-2003, 05:38 PM
You will gain way too many levels just from boss fights if you attempt only 1 character. The experience that is initailly split between 3 characters now all goes straight to one character making that character level up faster and go farther in the level gaining pyrimid.

If you could use all 3 characters I would say it probably wouldn't be all that hard but what about those bosses that hit you with say confuse or death?

I am not saying it is impossible....just insanely unlikly.

Nanaki
11-16-2003, 06:51 PM
Hmm well... challenges are fun, but it's seems a bit hard.
Only using Cloud and no Materia... Well, it's not impossible, I guess... :rolleyes2
And at level 50 you're not that good, and if you're only using Cloud it's gonna take time.

Anyway, good luck. :)

HanaKirei
12-09-2003, 04:32 AM
Erm, one question...
(Small Spoiler? [*doesn't quite know how to make the hidden text spoilers yet* XD; Doh.]

What would you do when you're lacking usage of Cloud in your party during disc two? o.o; It'd be sorta hard to stick with using that one character then if you don't have him.

Raistlin
12-09-2003, 04:53 AM
I think this may soon become close to as frustrating as when I tried to beat Ruby without materia.

DMKA
12-14-2003, 06:54 AM
I think this may soon become close to as frustrating as when I tried to beat Ruby without materia.
DAMN! Thats insane!

I've yet to try to beat the game using no materia but if I ever do one of these wacko challenges thats the only one I'll ever attempt to do.

Jebus
12-14-2003, 07:18 AM
Wow. There's nothing I can say about this that won't make me look like I suck at games.

And Hana:
Its [ spoiler] TEXT [/spoiler] without the spaces.