PDA

View Full Version : Hot CD's

Xander
11-10-2003, 09:32 PM
When I play music CD's on my new computer they always sound really noisy when spinning round, and when I take them out at the end of an album they are really hot, like really hot. My old computer used to play CDs fine and they never got hot..

Does anyone know why it does this and if it will harm the cds at all? I have 2 drives, a DVD one and a CD-RW one but I've tried playing the cds in both and the same happens.. *worried about her blink cds*

Rainecloud
11-11-2003, 08:11 AM
My computer does the same thing, Xander. Whenever I play a music CD or a DVD on my PC, it comes out of the drive very hot! My old computer never used to do it, though.

Having said that, I have a theory. The new CD players are faster and more powerful, right? So, maybe the disk is read at a higher speed, causing it to heat up...or something. Seriously though, there have been a lot of cases of DVDs and CDs exploding inside people's drives for various reasons. xD

That's why I don't play CDs on my PC anymore!

Xander
11-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Thanks Rainecloud :D I thought it may have something to do with the speed of the drive being faster... I would play them on my CD player but it's just easier putting them on my comp. I don't want to if there's a risk of them exploding though :whoa:

Rainecloud
11-11-2003, 05:02 PM
I have no idea whether I'm right or not. It was just a thought.

Don't blame me if your CDs start combusting. ;)