PDA

View Full Version : Macros

Bahamut2000X
11-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Does anyone know how to get them to work? I've tried making my own custom ones with boost (I'm a monk just so you know) and also combo and yet my macros won't work when I try to use them. Does anyone know exactly what I have to type to get a macro to work?

Zidane_2006
11-11-2003, 12:46 AM
well it depends on what you are trying to put in, like lest say you edit Ctrl 1 to lets say name it "Burning Blade" then you go to the command window and type in /ws "Burning Blade" <t> , then it will work :D hope that helps, and if it is like job skill like "mighty strikes" you edit the name and put in /js "Mighty Srikes" <me> so it will effect you everytime you click in Ctrl and then the number, hope all of this info helps :)

Bahamut2000X
11-11-2003, 02:08 AM
The thing is that's exactly how I have it and it doesn't work, I always get told "Error, command does not exsists" Or something to that effect. I even copied the macros the way some other guy has them and still mine don't work.

Rizzice
11-11-2003, 05:32 AM
Its /ja "Boost" Bahamut2000X

Bahamut2000X
11-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Well currently I have it set up like /ja "boost" <me>, but before that I had it /ja "boost" and it didn't work. My combo one is /ws "combo" <t> and it won't let me use it on enemies for some odd reason, but out of battle when I try it I get a mesage telling me I have to be in battle to use it.

Ichy
11-11-2003, 03:26 PM
You have to specify the target as well. Try it like this:

/ja "Boost" < me >

/ws "Combo" < t >

.... yes, DO capitalize where the game does or it won't work. It's not burning blade, it's Burning Blade.... That one got me for a while before I figured it out ;)

And remove the spaces between the targetting tags, I put em in their 'cause the bbs seems to think I'm trying to use them to code when I type them properly :P

Ouch!
11-11-2003, 11:58 PM
I wish I'd looked at this earlier. I have it so that I manually have to press alt+1 for it to say stuff... I didn't know you could have it connect to spells, and whatnot. Ah, I'm lazy, I'll just leave it my way, 'cause then when I don't want it to say that, I don't have to have it to...

Lionx
11-12-2003, 01:25 PM
Later on it helps you cast and do abilities in a blink of an eye and can save you precious time fumbling over menus that can mean life and death. Trust me, later on its practically required to macro and not look like ur a newb.