PDA

View Full Version : mp3 players

-N-
11-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Any recommendations? (I'm on a budget - $50 or less.)

I'm looking at a Rio 500 right now. Any thoughts on this one? The official manual <A HREF="http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/rio/downloads/rio500/Rio500_GetStart_v.10.pdf">here</a> says it is only compatible with Win98, but I found drivers <A HREF="http://www.rioworld.org/rio500-new.htm">here</a> for Win2k and XP. So I'm a bit confused.

Are there any other mp3 players I can get for cheap that are high quality?

edit: I'm also looking at a Rio One. Which is better?

Peegee
11-17-2003, 08:28 PM
You mean those Mp3 players with something like a 20 meg hard drive? You should be buying Mp3 CD players. I got one for around 80 CAN$ after taxes, or before taxes. Regardless, it's not too much higher than your budget.

My ex has stolen it because the batteries of the CD player I gave her died. So I have no idea what brand it is. I am almost positive it is a creative! brand mp3 player.

Dr Unne
11-17-2003, 10:27 PM
I got a free Creative Nomad Muvo with my computer. Only 64MB, but I can't believe how small it is (think smaller than a pack of gum). They were $99 when I got mine, I'm sure they're cheaper now. It also doubles as a general purpose flash drive. Linux-compatible, you can mount it as a vfat USB storage device. No LCD screen though, but who cares.

Rostum
11-24-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Pee Gee
You mean those Mp3 players with something like a 20 meg hard drive? You should be buying Mp3 CD players. I got one for around 80 CAN$ after taxes, or before taxes. Regardless, it's not too much higher than your budget.

I also have a MP3 CD Player, and I advise you to NEVER get one. They skip alot, unless you can afford a more expensive one. The only plus side I can think of is the 700-800mb storage on each cd.

If you want something that plays MP3's, holds a fair amount and is small in physical size, get a memory stick player. They are very small, you can get cheap ones, and you can hold upto 128mb on each memory stick... you can get ones that hold upto 1gig now but they are kind of expensive.