PDA

View Full Version : ROM Bug (screen flickers)

Dritz
11-12-2003, 07:54 AM
This has probably been posted before but I did a whole search for bugs and such already and couldn't find a thread that deals with this.

I'm using ZSNES and when I get to the world map for every step I make my screen flickers and shows some weird grey lookin stuff.

I'm a newbie when it comes to ZSNES and ROMs in general so I have no idea what I can do:(

Flying Mullet
11-12-2003, 03:58 PM
I've never had that problem when playing FFVI on a rom. One thing to remember is that there are two different types of ZSNES out there, one for DOS and one for Windows(it lets you run ZSNES windowed). Currently I'm used ZSNES V1.17, Win Port V0.85(it's the Windows, not the DOS one) and it runs great for me.

When all else fails, always make sure that you are using the latest version of ZSNES.

crono_logical
11-13-2003, 02:03 AM
Actually, don't use the latest version of ZSNES, it seems to need more CPU power as it gets newer because of the fancy stuff it adds. I prefer Snes9x, that's been rather good after version 1.40 of that came out. Never had a problem with the video on the world map in FF6 under either emulator myself though, perhaps try describing it in more detail?

Dritz
11-13-2003, 08:44 AM
I downloaded Snes9x hopefully it'll fix the problem but for ZSNES it was able to open files directly from the ZIP so I didn't need to extract them so I kind of lost my save spot in the game. Which since I only went to the world map isn't to bad but people don't often consider how incredibly lazy I am;) Hopefully it works though.

Don't know if I can explain my problem a bit better it's just whenever I walk on the world map the image flashes and shows some weird stuff behind it.

Dritz
11-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Well it works so I don't know what's wrong with ZSNES. By the by grand total time to get back to the world map: 5 mins. I think I could have spent the extra 25 though since frame skippings kind of annoying, I'm a little dizzy now.

i90east
11-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Frame skipping? What CPU do you have? The game should run perfectly just as it did on the SNES (except for a minor glitch here and there).

crono_logical
11-14-2003, 02:00 AM
I think he meant fast forward/turbo if he cut out the otherwise extra 25 minutes of game time :p

Edgar
11-14-2003, 05:10 AM
Emulators and ROm has never been perfect. Mine doesn't allow to see the world map.

"Thou art such a pain in the neck..."