PDA

View Full Version : Computer keeps rebooting, and other wacky issues

Peegee
11-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Not the blaster worm. I'm sure of it. I removed my secondary hard drive to install on another machine, and afterward, the original machine keeps shutting down. I resolved it initially by adjusting the IDE cable connection (to the motherboard), but it got worse and worse. Ultimately, I placed a roll of scotch tape (yes, seriously) behind the motherboard to push it outward (which is what allows it to boot up). Any idea why this is the case?

The second issue is something that happens every time I remove a hard drive: it becomes non-functional, and does not boot up any more. It then becomes corrupted when I reinstall it back in the original machine. Just today I lost ~200 gigs of information :(

What's the deal with HDD's? I handle them well, and I treat the installation as if it were a brand new hard drive (plug it in, boot up CD, try to install windows).:cry:

Dr Unne
11-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Having only briefly skimmed the post and having no real idea what the problem might be, I blame Windows. *wanders off*

Peegee
11-12-2003, 10:59 PM
I blame windows too, since I really have no idea what happened, and other such stuff.

crono_logical
11-13-2003, 01:48 AM
If you have to push the motherboard out like that with tape to make it work, I'd consider replacing it completely.

Peegee
11-13-2003, 12:00 PM
I can't afford to :cry:

man, I'm living up this pure ghetto screen name xD