PDA

View Full Version : FF12 pics

Delice
11-13-2003, 08:52 AM
FF12 pics

http://www.the-sugoi.com/SugoiLive/13112003/FFXII.jpg

Maybe some of you may find this of interest.
the character designer has changed.
The character designs are now done by the Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story designer.
I dont know his name.
But I think, in my opinion I like FF12s style more than FF10s.

Lets hear some opinions:)

eternalshiva
11-13-2003, 09:38 AM
That looks awesome! I like the character designs, the girl looks like Yuna. Well, her clothes do. Is there anyone that can decipher the Japanese?

Ouch!
11-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Page won't load for me. And actually, they said those guys would be doin' the animation about a year ago when they first released that promo poster. There was another one that went with it that was blue and had concept sketches of a pig-man guy and an airship and above that it had all the artists... and they were the FFT/Vagrant story team(s)

eternalshiva
11-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Here I saved it on my hard drive. It won't load anymore either for me *I am smart! S-M-R-T* lol

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-13-2003, 12:42 PM
All right, this should be enough to hold me over for another few months. Thanks, Square!

edczxcvbnm
11-13-2003, 03:22 PM
When you said the character designer had changed I thought they went back to the idiot who did FFVII-X. Don't scare me like that. The character designer has always been FFT guy for FFXII...since day one!

Well this game looks to have promise so far. I am kind of dissappointed by the neo-pop look that they have going on in this game...at least they don't have retarded hair styles like Yuna.

Background look awesome and interesting. I can't wait till the offical stuff from square next week.

EDIT: Here is a working picture

http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/playstation2/ffxii/01.jpg

eternalshiva
11-13-2003, 04:26 PM
That's the same pic in my attachement *huggles edczxcvbnm*

m4tt
11-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Looks almost like FFX to me... *shrug* Looks cool though.

edczxcvbnm
11-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
That's the same pic in my attachement *huggles edczxcvbnm*

I didn't see the attachment....sorry:cry: I just don't notice attachments :crying2:

eternalshiva
11-13-2003, 05:10 PM
It's all good. >.<

Flying Mullet
11-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Aww man, get a room you two! :p

Tidus Andronicus
11-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Wow, they really do look like Tidus and Yuna!!! O.O
Is Square(Enix) loosing their creativity??:p

Does anyone remember when FFX was anounced, they also anounced FFXI and FFXII. They gave out a picture for each game. But we all eventually came to the conclusion that it was Tidus, and not this FFXII guy, in the supposed FFXII pic... But now that I see him, it could have been him after all...
Maybe... I don't really know... I haven't seen that picture in a long time...:/

Well, IGN has a few pics:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/440/440286p1.html

edczxcvbnm
11-13-2003, 05:33 PM
After seeing that picture of Tidus in your avatar I like this game even more. The picture they released for FFXII doesn't have the detail and realism that FFX has...at least for now. I like that because that means it will probably have more of a mystical fantasy world rather than the bland more realistic world of FFX.

What a great suggestion Flying Mullet ^_^

Maxico
11-13-2003, 06:49 PM
see all those soliers with spears to the left. They better have a massive war or im gonna be pissed off.

crono_logical
11-13-2003, 09:45 PM
They look more like Yuna and KH's Riku to me than Yuna and Tidus :p And is that a lizard Bangaa in the background? :p

ZeZipster
11-13-2003, 11:47 PM
Their faces look so... Baby-ish? The "hero" (as IGN calls him) looks so cheeky. Darn I don't have enough vocabulary to even begin describing heroine... This really came out of no-where.

I'm scared.

Delice
11-14-2003, 01:55 AM
ts interesting to hear everyones opinions on FFXII especially regarding the character looks.
I suppose now it all comes down to if the individuals like the taste or not.
I think a matter of tastes.
I personally think they are great, and they do not look(to me they dont) like Yuna or Tidus.

The cute baby-ish soft faces are a trend for popularity in nowadays, in Japan.
And the "looks" trend seem to change often in Japan.
Alot of Japanese females look at how cute or pretty a boy is and alot of Japanese men look at girls for cuteness.
And todays videogame market includes marketing for female consumers as well.
considering these factors they apply them to the product. in this case the characters looks.
It comes from a cultural difference, and FF12 is made for Japanese market priority wise. Causing characters to look like they now do, the way Square thinks sells to Japanese audiences.
Differenciating them from the musculine or the busty, which are more common in US games.
Even the Japanese movie and TV tallents >>
Different markets in Japan, for example compare Everquest, Ultima, and a couple of others to Final Fantasy12 characters, different tastes.
Laura Croft in US
Yuna in Japan type of difference
But doesnt apply to everything, there are exceptions however, such as Ghost in the Shell, Jinroh and other real-type animes.
But that is also going for a different market.
FF12 is aimed at the major market audience in japan in the production phases. Games like Metal Gear Solid are made considering the non- Japanese Market more than the japanese market, mainly the North American Market. MGS didnt do super well in Japan like it did outside.
But FF series sells worldwide, so at heart people seem to like it.
if not those people can avoid such a game that doesnt suite their tastes.
a matter of tastes that is all. there is no right or wrong.

eternalshiva
11-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Aww man, get a room you two! :p

*rolls eyes* I could of easily kicked him but decided to be nice.

It's only natural that some video games would reflect what the population likes ;p More logical I think is the word. He does seem very "cheeky", he almost looks like he's 15 or something. The girl looks older but still super cute. I find that women in Japan, the young girls are almost anime-like, super girly and I find that hilarious. As long as FFXII doesn't reflect that part its all good. One Rikku is fine but a whole group would make me want to break things.

Is that a Behemoth they're fighting? it almost looks like Yuna's summon... that black dragon thing with the dorky ring. The chocobo looks almost evil with all that armor on *poor chocobo :(*

EDIT:

Here's something else to discuss:

Thanks to Shueisha's Shonen Jump, the Leakiest Magazine On Earth (tm), the first few details on Square Enix's Final Fantasy XII have arrived a few days in advance of the game's planned November 19 debut. The third PlayStation 2 game in the popular RPG series, now in the hands of Vagrant Story director Yasumi Matsuno, features an interesting blend of familiar and original visual elements to reflect the franchise's continued progression.

Stylistically, the game looks much more like Final Fantasy X than expected. Though the new character designs are by Vagrant Story artist Akihiko Yoshida, rather than FFX's Tetsuya Nomura, the two lead characters still don't stray too far from the style of the series' more recent installments. Van, the male lead, could be a younger cousin to FFX's Tidus, while Ashie, the heroine, looks like Rinoa Heartilly's younger sister.

The few small screens of the game shown so far display a city (the one shown in the first FFXII image illustration) with many flying machines soaring over it, and a jungle environment similar to the islands in the beginning of FFX. A single battle sequence, on a beach fading into green forests, shows three characters in the active party party.

source: www.1up.com

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-14-2003, 12:27 PM
+15 points for citing 1UP (http://www.1up.com/).

edczxcvbnm
11-14-2003, 01:47 PM
*rolls eyes* I could of easily kicked him

:cry:

eternalshiva
11-14-2003, 01:53 PM
sorry edczxcvbnm :cry: I was trying to make a point to FM. He's constantly teasing me.

Flying Mullet
11-14-2003, 03:18 PM
sorry edczxcvbnm :cry: I was trying to make a point to FM. He's constantly teasing me.
I would never do such a thing. :D

sephiroth21
11-14-2003, 04:16 PM
from what ive seen, the game looks cool and i need something new because i was not thirred about X-2:(

edczxcvbnm
11-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
I would never do such a thing. :D

Those italics in your never say other wise :hot:

eternalshiva
11-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by sephiroth21
from what ive seen, the game looks cool and i need something new because i was not thirred about X-2:(

Have you played it yet? How can you have an opinion about something if you haven't ried it? Just curious. I can't wait to get more info anyhoot.

Flying Mullet:

Of course you would NEVER do such a thing.

Flying Mullet
11-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Flying Mullet:

Of course you would NEVER do such a thing.
:greenie: *big puppy dog eyes*

eternalshiva
11-14-2003, 05:19 PM
lol ;)

crono_logical
11-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Ashie? wtf? The kana doesn't read Ashie on that poster D:

Flying Mullet
11-14-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Ashie? wtf? The kana doesn't read Ashie on that poster D:
Umm, the katakana reads āshie.

crono_logical
11-15-2003, 12:33 AM
Yes, a long vowel A. Ashie sounds so horrible and Americanised, almost like a certain character from Pokémon :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-15-2003, 12:58 AM
How else would you translate it? "Aashie" doesn't really look as nice.

Germ Hamee
11-15-2003, 05:40 AM
Heh. The dude looks like Aladdin and Serge had a love child.

It's looking pretty good to me; I can't wait. It seems like years since I beat X. I'm starving.

Maxico
11-15-2003, 10:18 AM
awww I still cant read katakana. only hiragana. oh well. I guess Ill have to take everybodys word for it.

Tidus Andronicus
11-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Yea!! ^___^ Three months of Japanese class finally pay off!

*Reads Katakana*

Aashie and Van! Cool! ^__^
The name "Van" doesn't match that guy's looks... meh...

crono_logical
11-15-2003, 07:46 PM
To be honest, I don't think the ie in the name captures the sound correctly either :p Oh well, I guess we'll find out how they'll do it when they port it, and hopefully voice it too, with at least KH quality voice actors and not like Yuna from FFX :p

Cloudane
11-16-2003, 12:37 AM
A cross between Yuna and Eiko. Interesting.

And I remember Ashie! Not an FF12 character, she used to frequent the IRC channel and jump and down a lot :)

SomethingBig
11-16-2003, 04:20 AM
Is it just me, or am I the only one that doesn't like Van's look? It just doesn't have that FF feeling, IMO. I can't explain it, really. Oh, by the way, what do you all think of the female lead character as being a swordsman, unlike the other past FFs? And since Ashie wields swords, what do you think Van will wield?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-16-2003, 05:19 PM
It's fine with me that Van doesn't look like Cloud or Squall or Tidus. Departing from Nomura's style is often a welcome change.

As for his weapon, it could be whatever he's holding in his hand there, which could very well be a cookie. Van kills monsters with cookies.

Shayo
11-16-2003, 06:59 PM
i'm guessing van weilds a gun, two guns, a spear, and the best one i can think of would be a double sided sword like zidane used in ffix, but if you look at the poster u can see a fight seen and Van is holding sumthin like a sheild and maybey either a dagger or sword

Big D
11-17-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by SomethingBig
Is it just me, or am I the only one that doesn't like Van's look? It just doesn't have that FF feeling, IMO. I can't explain it, really. Oh, by the way, what do you all think of the female lead character as being a swordsman, unlike the other past FFs? And since Ashie wields swords, what do you think Van will wield? I love the idea of a sword-swinging female lead, but I agree about Van/Vann's look (which is his official name, anyway?).

He's got those really well armoured, almost fortified trousers; yet his upper body is virtually unprotected. Makes little sense. "Looking cool" is important, sure, but praticality and functionality should be a concern for designing characters. Unless his weapon is something that requires him to have really free, unrestricted arms and shoulders...? Maybe his weapon is a throwing knife - could be that "cookie" in his hand.

The presentation of the game looks virtually identical to FFX, for both the field and battle screens. There might be a bit more a 'world map' this time, but who knows?

Looks like there's a bit of potential there.

Rostum
11-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Looks like I'll be having fun in yet another Final Fantasy world! xD

Maxico
11-17-2003, 10:57 AM
I dont think they ever had a female lead with a big chunky sword (exeptions being of course ff11, ff5 and any other game with the job system) so its a welcome change for me.

what interests me though is the fact that although there are futuristic flying trains above there are a bunch of medievil looking soldiers with spears. well I guess thats been in every game but I dont think the contrast was that great before.

eternalshiva
11-17-2003, 11:13 AM
FFX-2 has the ladies with swords in different job classes... Paine has a sword in General ;p

inlineskating29
11-17-2003, 07:48 PM
is it just me but that girl in the pic kinda looks a little like yuna
or am i crazy

Shayo
11-18-2003, 12:54 AM
hey it just hit me..... what if that cookie thing in vanns hand is a star shapped spear telling him to go somwhere?

i no im double posting but i found a mistake in my writing, i ment sphere not spear

The 'eidt/delete' button can solve all of your double-posting worries:)

~Big D

DocFrance
11-18-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
As for his weapon, it could be whatever he's holding in his hand there, which could very well be a cookie. Van kills monsters with cookies. But what if he ran into a cookie monster? A cookie monster could very well absorb the damage from an otherwise-fatal cookie attack.

Originally posted by Shayo
i'm guessing van weilds a gun, two guns, a spear, and the best one i can think of would be a double sided sword like zidane used in ffix, but if you look at the poster u can see a fight seen and Van is holding sumthin like a sheild and maybey either a dagger or swordIf he wields a spear, I would probably have a nerdgasm. Dragon Knights are quite possibly the best thing ever. However...

Originally posted by Big D
He's got those really well armoured, almost fortified trousers; yet his upper body is virtually unprotected. Makes little sense. "Looking cool" is important, sure, but praticality and functionality should be a concern for designing characters. Unless his weapon is something that requires him to have really free, unrestricted arms and shoulders...? Maybe his weapon is a throwing knife - could be that "cookie" in his handI'm betting he's a monk of some sort. Notice how he looks alot like the monk class from Tactics? And guess who was originally designing this game? Umm... that guy... who did the character design for Tactics! Yeah... I forgot his name.

Originally posted by maxi333
I dont think they ever had a female lead with a big chunky sword (exeptions being of course ff11, ff5 and any other game with the job system) so its a welcome change for me. *coughcoughTerracoughCelescoughcough*

black orb
11-18-2003, 03:48 AM
>>> What happened with the Pink, Purple and Green hair heroines??:(
Those character look like a younger version of Yuna and Tidus :( :(
The world seems interesting though.

neo_countdown
04-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Some of you people should stop being so critical about everything. The way the characters look are made that way for a purpose. The FF series has become a true art form so you should stop wasting your time criticising the way it looks and appreciate something for once.

DocFrance
04-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Art was made to be criticized.

Dark Queen Kyra
05-23-2004, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=SomethingBig]Is it just me, or am I the only one that doesn't like Van's look?

No.. I'm w/ you on that one! ;)

kendo
06-28-2004, 02:28 PM
I find some ashe's pics.She is very cute.

http://www.finalfantasy12.org/img/s/2mov/m38f.jpg
http://finalfantasy12.org/img/s/2mov/m36f.jpg
http://finalfantasy12.org/img/s/2mov/m35f.jpg

SomethingBig
06-28-2004, 06:34 PM
http://finalfantasy12.org/img/s/2mov/m35f.jpg

That's the naughtiest picture I've ever seen.

starlet
07-26-2004, 01:21 PM
That blonde little **** looks like a friutcake to ma personally... :D

Del Murder
08-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Not a good enough reason to revive this thread. Watch your language.