PDA

View Full Version : Add/Delete Attachement

eternalshiva
11-13-2003, 12:41 PM
It is a STRONG possibility that I am mildly retarded but it seems that when you load up an attachement and the *as per usual for me* notice it is the wrong attachement, I do the old *put new attachement* and poof, it's still the old one there. I push refresh, it doesn't work. I end up having to delete the whole post and having to upload the image again. Maybe it's just my account or I'm missing a step somewhere along the way. o.O

crono_logical
11-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Are you talking about trying to replace an attachment? Lemme try. :p

EDIT: I managed to replace it here, it was originally my old Guu sig.

Loony BoB
11-13-2003, 12:44 PM
*tests*

EDIT: Works for me, so it's not a EoFF-wide problem. Looks like a job for clout. ;)

crono_logical
11-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Tell me exactly what you're doing more clearly :p

eternalshiva
11-13-2003, 02:03 PM
Here goes... *darkrikku* original

^^; ok now it worked. Obviously i am touched with craziness but for MONTHS I had the problem but now it works... there is a conspiracy out there to drive me insane *blames Jalbrean*

Sorry about that... I was 100% doing something wrong. *hides in the deepest corner of the forum*

Ok, let the finger pointing and laughing at ES begin!

Flying Mullet
11-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Could it be another "Site Staff" group setting? There have been a few "Site Staff" group settings that have been messed up lately.

crono_logical
11-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Doubt it, seeing as no-ones touched anything to do with Site Staff lately :p

Flying Mullet
11-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Well site staff had message tracking turned off and also had deleting their own posts turned off, so I thought that maybe there was an edit attatchment flag that was turned off.

eternalshiva
11-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Well site staff had message tracking turned off and also had deleting their own posts turned off, so I thought that maybe there was an edit attatchment flag that was turned off.

That's what I thought too when I read another post about it... meh

Killy
11-13-2003, 04:54 PM
I previously (long ago) replaced attachements as a Site Staff, so I guess the problem really was on your end.

eternalshiva
11-17-2003, 01:06 PM
I think it's a problem with the cookies for the attachements cause it just did it to me again in Site Staff when I was trying to change something... It sucks... any suggestions how to fix it? I fixed it but...

EDIT: Is there another way then having to manually go into Internet options and deleting temporary files to fix the problem? It's a pain in the butt...

crono_logical
11-17-2003, 02:26 PM
Yes, don't use Internet Explorer, it's cookie handling is atrocious :p Mozilla or Firebird would be good alternatives :p

EDIT: I see you were referring to the cached image and not cookies in the site staff thread. You can always force a refresh to see exactly what the server has by holding down shift when you hit refresh.

eternalshiva
11-17-2003, 02:35 PM
I do hit refresh and it's still holding the old image but with the new name for the attachemnt *does that make sense?*... and I am using Internet Explorer :( So as I hit refresh I press down shift? That should pop up the current image?

crono_logical
11-17-2003, 03:00 PM
It forces a refresh if you hold shift, yeah. Otherwise, depending on your Internet settings, it might use your cache copy instead even when you press refresh, hence the need to force it if you think it's changed.

eternalshiva
11-17-2003, 03:04 PM
thanks a lot, I'll try that next time