PDA

View Full Version : too much skin showing

Silmaril
11-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Whats with the "Shedding of the Clothes"? yuna was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool and cute in FFX. I mean like..c'mon.
But i bet tidus will be happy about it.:D

eternalshiva
11-13-2003, 02:39 PM
I think there used to be a thread abou this a while ago but meh. I think they look great, it was bout time Yuna got herself into an outfit she can move and kick arse in ;p

TheAbominatrix
11-14-2003, 03:45 AM
The reason is Yuna's need to remain unnoticed by the people of Spira. And I agree with Shiva, they look great. It's not too much of a change from the old character designs, just more revealing graphics.

eternalshiva
11-14-2003, 10:08 AM
What I can see from screen shots, she was still in her summoner outfit two years later and AFTER she gets the funky sphere, Riku makes her change outfit. Blame Riku for having good taste I guess ;p Plus Yuna is part Al Bhed, they don;t exacly dress very conservatively *I know I spelled that wrong*

Jalbrean
11-14-2003, 10:10 AM
I think it was about time Yuna embraced her inner Ho'ness. I knew she had it in her from the moment I saw her. She just needed her ho'ish cousin to get her in the mix.

eternalshiva
11-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Jalbrean
I think it was about time Yuna embraced her inner Ho'ness. I knew she had it in her from the moment I saw her. She just needed her ho'ish cousin to get her in the mix.

lol

Thanks to Jalbrean's reference, here's a tid bit on the dressings for FFX-2 from www.1up.com

Four Questions With Tetsu Tsukamoto (Costume Designer)

1UP:
What was it like to design the same character several times over for all the different jobs and costumes?

Tsukamoto:
In the beginning, I racked my brains. Because they are "costumes" to the characters, each character's personality and appearance would always come into play and I would run out of ideas. I was not able to think freely like I would when creating monsters. However, as time went by, I was able to grasp the style/tone of each of the characters and was able to enjoy the process of thinking it through --- "if this is her personality, she would wear something like this."

1UP:
You designs clearly reflect your being in touch with modern pop culture. What sorts of things did you draw from for the outfits?

Tsukamoto:
I wasn't conscious of pop culture but I did go through tons of fashion and womens magazines. It wasn't quite the fashion sense that I had, so I remember trying very hard to familiarize myself and mastering the style as my own by looking at all kinds of materials. Design-wise, I created them in a way that is easy to recognize by first creating a silhouette, omitting the details, and then changed the shapes and to give it their own personality.

1UP:
Did you ever design an outfit that even you think may be a little too over-the-top?

Tsukamoto:
There were quite a few. And of course, men and women have different fashion sense -when I would show the designs to our staff, both the guys and girls would tell me to go further or that I've gone too far. It was hard to maintain the right balance. But in some cases, it was interesting to see that something the guys would find over-the-top, the girls didn't.

1UP:
If you had to pick one job for one character as your favorite, which would it be?

Tsukamoto:
…That's a tough question…I put my best in all of them. But if I had to choose, I like Paine's Dark Knight the best. Not really from a design standpoint, but the fact that it's simply appealing...my kind of taste. For Rikku, I like her as the Black Mage combined with her motions. For Yuna, I would go with her default Gunner that Nomura-san drew…it seems to fit her perfectly!

He doesn't seem to think there's too much skin, even female staf was like wOOt!

Xander
11-14-2003, 01:57 PM
I think this is becoming one of the most talked about FF topics since FF7 spoilerreviving Aeris :p

Anyway, I agree with eternalshiva, they look great, I like the design of the outfits too as they are creative and interesting and I can see why Yuna would change clothes now, because of her new mission and Rikku's influence. I could say more but I've typed it in threads before so I won't.

How much skin they show doesn't concern me, I'm only interested in how much fun the game is gonna be, and it sounds it so far to me, but then I am part of a minority who did love FFX :D

Radje
11-15-2003, 08:18 PM
For Spira the "scantily clad girls" are nothing compared to most. Think Yunalesca, think Donna. I think it's just a new idea.

Shayo
11-17-2003, 01:48 AM
have you guys seen what tidus, or SPOILER shuin wears in this game? its not yellow the sleeve is checkered black and red i thouight it looked cool

Big D
11-20-2003, 07:22 AM
I don't see how a change of outfit is supposed to make Yuna blend into the background... I know everyone in Spira wears the same clothes all the time, but really, she's still pretty distinctive. They all recognised her in her wedding dress, even though it's radically different from her normal costume. Her new outfit has some of the same style features, so nobody would be fooled. That entire "she needs to be unnoticed" thing just seems like an excuse... she's wear a mask or wig if that was really the case. However, since she's got to do a lot more physical stuff, it'd make sense for her to wear clothing that's less restricting, less decorative than her dress from FFX. That was a sturdy piece of clothing, but with too many cuffs and excess fabric that'd get in the way during a "run, shoot, jump" routine.

Silmaril
11-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Yuna is a 17-yr-old widow, isnt she. she's a WIDOW. tht just sounds weird.

eternalshiva
11-20-2003, 02:13 PM
A widow? she never got married to Tidus, they just um *cough* "Made out" *cough* so she's free to do what the hell she wants ;p :love:

TheAbominatrix
11-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Well she is a widow from her marriage to Seymour, if that was even finalized.

Anyway, D, I think what its meant by a disguise isnt in the typical sense of the word. After the whole Sin thing, people started flocking to Yuna for one reason or another. Most had only seen her at the stadium, and I think seeing her in different clothes would be more... oh, like a distraction (and not in the "OMG BOOBIES") way. People are going to recognize her, of course, but she'll probably be recognized less with the change of clothing. I dont think she wants to be completly unrecognizable, but she doesnt want to go places without being mobbed.

eternalshiva
11-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Well, maybe she got married to him, but he was dead by then and they never consumated the marriage ;p so technically she never married him.

FFboy4ever
11-21-2003, 01:23 AM
i think the reason for the 'clothing' is that the whole game is based on change. so the first way to change the inside...is to change to outside. or so what my maginzine said;)

DeBlayde
11-22-2003, 04:54 PM
I think Radje was right on. Compared to Yunalesca, Rikku's downright modest. New thing, though, to see this on a main character as opposed to somebody you're tryin your d**ndest to kill.

still have to wonder about who this game is targeting.....:rolleyes2

Greeneyes
11-22-2003, 05:04 PM
From Big D

I don't see how a change of outfit is supposed to make Yuna blend into the background... I know everyone in Spira wears the same clothes all the time, but really, she's still pretty distinctive

I agree that Yuna is pretty distinctive. How many people have one greeneye & one blue eye? And no matter how much you change your clothes or hairstyle, you can't really change your facial structure or your voice.

inlineskating29
11-22-2003, 05:37 PM
almost all ff girls have sluty close on
like rinoa from 8 her skirt or shorts were like really short

RSL
11-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Seeing pictures of this game for so long you think "wow, these characters are totally different."

But the second you start playing it, it seems like old times. It's kind of cool.

Cyn
11-26-2003, 10:57 PM
>>I agree that Yuna is pretty distinctive. How many people have one greeneye & one blue eye?

David Bowie.

Okay, one might not be green, but he's got the two different color thing going on.

Philip
11-27-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Silmaril
Yuna is a 17-yr-old widow, isnt she. she's a WIDOW. tht just sounds weird.

She's 19 now.

But there's nothing wrong with showing a bit of extra skin. This is nonsense :D :banme

Edit: Damnit, this got me confused, this is in both FFX and FFX-2 section. Anyway, nevermind, 17 in X, 19 in X-2