PDA

View Full Version : Spawn 'claiming'

BatChao
11-14-2003, 09:24 AM
Today I was with my group and we were camping a spot waiting for nightfall so bogies would spawn and we could kill them for bloody robes. After a while, another group shows up and starts taking the bogies and we have to end up fighting for them. Our group leader tells em the go away and the place was ours, but they wouldn't leave. I kept telling my group that we could share the kills like we get one bogy and they get one. But my friend told me that that wasn't how it works. Since we were there first, the place was ours to claim. Is this common MMORPG etiquitte? I'm not really sure since this is the first true MMO that I've played. So if you're at a spawn point first, it's common courtesy to not come in and take the kills? Or is it usually free for all? Usually I wouldn't care, but these monsters only spawn at night and they drop rare items that you need on the subjob quest...

Rostum
11-14-2003, 09:53 AM
Well I think it's rude for people to just come along and take everyting when your group was there first.

Whatever you do though, there will always be people that are like that on an MMOG. I find it's just common courtesy to let the group that was there already, take the claim. I'm sure you'll find more respectful characters in the world of Vana'diel though, they will be nice enough to stay away until you've done your business.

Oddious
11-14-2003, 12:31 PM
well youll have a hard time with that one man cause out of all the MMORPG i have played it has always been that way lol. In EQ people could always argue over the right to a spawning spot and so on but unfortunaltly the GM's would always say that there is no such thing as a spot grp owns or could say its theres.. it is just a PURE thing of being nice to let a grp have there spot. This happend in T4C aswell so i mean theres not much u can do but ask them to leave if they dont ur just out of luck... AND PLEASE dont Call a GM and start complaining there is noting they can do at ALL and i have never seen a Game that they could..you will just be waisting the GM's time and casueing a seen. the best thing you can do is either stay and share wait them out by keep kiling..or Just leave and find another spot its all Up to you.. But in FFXI i have found that your Not going to find as Much of that Buull Crap.. I also Played AO but i didint Play long enough to find out about that kind of stuff happening..;) :)

BatChao
11-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Heehee. I wan't about to call a GM over such a trivial matter. I know they have better things to do. I just wanted to find out if it's common courtesy to let a group who is at a spawn get the kills. Thanks for your inputs.

Lionx
11-15-2003, 03:30 AM
Well for my sub-job quest we had to be competitive, the Selbina one had Ghouls and they are rare, so we have to compete with everyone else. Its a simple we find and claim it first thing. Because i am pretty sure prolly that the other party needs the items too, and well thats the only real competition there is. I usually let them have it if its close or something, but if its rare then most wont let the other get it since it can be an hour at least before they see another of the same monster.

O and if ur lvl 18 dont do that Mhuara quest...its for lvl 28 and up because Bogys are real hard, you need an alliance of well-trained people in order to win and the chances are that the lot wont be yours. Or you can ask a friend that is of higher lvl to party and get it for you. Once you accept the quest tho, theres no changing it from Selbina and Mhuara.

Oddious
11-15-2003, 07:27 AM
Yep i had the same thing in selbina although it is always like that... i got all my items in about 5 hrs so i t didnt take to long to get them.. now im lvl 18war/8Mnk
LvLing my mnk to about lvl 15 to 17 then lvling war to lvl 30 for adv. job of Pal/War.. What is your name in Game Linox i havent see you yet and what lvl are you..
i know were on same server. hehe also i havent seen any one from GA in windurst what is the names of yalls LS..???

Lionx
11-15-2003, 07:35 AM
Actually i dont have the game yet...i have yet to find a store that has it, maybe next weekend i can ask my bro to go to EB and pick me up a copy, alot of my stuff are strictly beta only but i am pretty sure its all i need in the meantime...><

I will be called Lionx(god send the person to hell if they take this wierd name XD) and yes i will be in Midgarsomr. The GA is Glorious Alliance with a green linkshell(flat green). I am starting a new group called Red Lotus in the clan forum above too, just a group of friends thats all ^^ So i hope to really get in soon...withdrawal is getting me XD

*resists urge to grab a knife* :p