PDA

View Full Version : I must be doing something wrong...

Super Christ
11-14-2003, 01:34 PM
I just can't seem to get my skill in fishing to go up. I've tried fishing for hours, I've lost count of how much bait I've used up and how many rods I've broken; however, I've only managed to catch 7 crawfish, and my fishing skill is only at 1.2. Am I doing something wrong, or is fishing just a serious pain?

Just a couple more questions while I'm at it, rather than making new topics, I'm supposed to take some flowers to a pioneer monument in north Gustaburg, but I've wandered all over there and I can't seem to find it. I also can't seem to find this Gustaburg river I'm supposed to go to to get a Siren's Tear.

And then my last question is, what level do you have to be to get the airship quest, and what do I have to do to get the airship quest?

Linus
11-14-2003, 06:18 PM
all i can answer is that the airship quest is req rank 4

Lionx
11-15-2003, 03:32 AM
Yea the Airship is urs after you finish mission 10 which is for lvl 40+ people in Quifim(jeuno).

*sucks at Bastok Quests*

For fishing its like that, you need to spend alot of money and time for any guild job before you can actually get better. Try timing it by waiting maybe 4-6 seconds before pressing enter when you get the hook...remember no guild is easy to lvl up in FFXI.

Oddious
11-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Well at LvL 25 you can get 1 airship pass that will take you to 1 place cant rember what it is called but you have to get keys from every country.. it will alow you to get to were you will be lvling from 25 to 30 or so ...

Super Christ
11-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Ok, I was hoping I'd be able to do the Airship mission before the Chocobo one, so I wouldn't have to walk to Jueno in order to do it, but I guess I have no choice. It's not that I mind walking - this is a gorgeous game that I'd love walking there just for the scenery. It's just that there are no doubt agressive monsters on the way. Big, aggressive monsters that will eat me if I try walking to Jueno.

As far as the fishing goes, huh, I just thought it'd go up a bit faster - I've also been working on goldsmithing, and it seems to be going up a great deal faster than my fishing.

Anyway, thanks for the help, that solves everything except finding this stuff near Bastok.

Lionx
11-16-2003, 03:12 AM
I think fishing is dependant on how many fish and stuff u actually fish up...that could be why it lvls slower.