PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI UK Release Date?

Baloki
11-15-2003, 06:23 PM
Does anyone know when this is yet, I was hoping for Feb/Apr but there has been no annoucements or anything as far as I can tell.

So if anyone knows could they please post it here, thanks.

Rostum
11-17-2003, 02:18 AM
I don't think it's been announced by Square-Enix yet, so no one will know. Although I'm guessing it will be around Europe during March or so for the PC, the PS2 one will defenatly be later.

As Australia uses the PAL version as well as Europe, I think they'll be out around the same times. Australia may be a little later. So that's why if you're going to get the PC version, you should import it and get it MUCH quicker. Can't do this with the PS2 version though, as hardware is different.

Maxico
11-17-2003, 11:07 AM
not for a long, long time

Get used to being screwed over by all but european companys. If you dont know then good companys to be nice to are rockstar and rockstar north who make games like grand theft auto(ones in scandinavia somewhere I think and the others up north england). free radical who make Timesplitters (up north uk again). codemasters (somewhere uk) team soho who made the getaway (london, soho duh) ubi soft who made rayman, beyond good and evil and splinter cell (france). and theres more but I cant be bothered to mention them.

Baloki
11-17-2003, 07:11 PM
thanks people

petrifyus
12-06-2003, 06:11 AM
They haven't actually said that it WILL be coming out :( They plan to release it in as many places as posible (so that it is a multi national, multi cultural experiance) but for all we know, they may decide not to bother with PAL areas.

At this stage its a question of IF rather than WHEN ;)

GaV
12-06-2003, 05:42 PM
import it like i did :)

lo_hairy_lee
02-23-2004, 10:03 PM
If you import it does it have any affect on the credit card charge and fees and connections or anything (Yes, I know, Im a crazy foo)

GaV
02-23-2004, 11:39 PM
hehe no you just need to make up a us address then use your real address for card details, it works fine :p

Baloki
02-24-2004, 11:49 AM
You'll also find your ping rate will never match the americans as you are connecting to a US server, many, many miles away.

But its not that noticible if you have full speed broadband (not the 150k Tiscalli one).

Rostum
02-25-2004, 05:12 AM
You don't connect to the US, you connect to Asia. So the ping rate will be near the same.

I'm in Australia, I played it on 56k modem and it ran smooth, and then I got ADSL and it ran just the same. =\

Rejuvenation
04-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Yep, importing is the answer. I've had it for over a month, and I'm laughing at my fellow UK peers who are expecting a release date in the near future.

Hairy Lee, since you're seemingly signing up as a North American, you'll end up paying less, as you will be charged in dollars.

Mort
05-01-2004, 01:20 PM
If u go on the hmv.co.uk website and search for Final Fantasy XI then they are selling the imported American PC version. oh and iv only just read this thread so soz for not puttin it in a while ago.