PDA

View Full Version : [A] A recent CG I made

Rye
11-16-2003, 01:17 AM
I've been practicing alot, and I've really gotten better. How do you think I did on this, and any suggestions for improvement? This isn't really of anything... I was starting to draw a picture for Rinoa, but I stopped myself and started drawing a similar looking girl, but with a different skin tone, hair color, eye color, and hair style. All I kept that's Rinoa-ish is really the bangs.

Ultima Seraph
11-16-2003, 05:16 AM
Not bad at all ^.^

The only thing I suggest, especially with the hair, is adding highlights and more detail.

The eyes could use some lashes, too ^~...

Good job, though!!!! YAAAY FOR YOU! ~gives you a cookie~

Rye
11-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Thanks! I'll try to add more detail. I'm not very good with the highlight tool, so I usually just use the shading one xD

Ultima Seraph
11-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Well, there are several tricks you can do... like adding lines in before you color so the hair is more fluid and graceful. A good thing to try is looking at a mirror or someone's hair in good light. Just study the way it lays how the highlights appear and all that stuff. It's kinda fun drawing it...at least I think so. ^^

Keep up, though! I wanna see more! >D

BlkKnight
11-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Another tip is to make a gradient effect for the shadows. Either blur the shadow or use a brush that can create a gradient effect.

Rye
11-16-2003, 08:28 PM
I love making the shadows and highlights :D And I never tried to use a gradient on a CG, but I'll try it before my Photoshop dies (in 1 or 2 days :cry: )