PDA

View Full Version : MP3

blue_midget192
11-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Help i use Windows Media Player and if i record o song of one of my CDs it atomatically changes it to WMA format, but i would like them in MP3 format. im using Windows Media Player Version 9. is there any way to get Windows Media Player to record in MP3 or is tehre a program some one could recomend to chage them to MP3?? help plz

TheAbominatrix
11-16-2003, 09:53 PM
I have no idea as far as Windows media goes. When I burn a song onto my comp from a cd, I use MusicMatch Jukebox, and I've never had any problems. It's a free program, you may wanna check it out.

blue_midget192
11-16-2003, 09:56 PM
o yea i had that on my old computer, but thats a whole different music manegment thingy, i just need a program that will change the into MP3s please.

Dr Unne
11-17-2003, 12:00 AM
Converting WMA to MP3 isn't a good idea, because you're going to be recompressing data that's already compressed, and it's going to sound like crap when you're done. You should rip all your music again, straight into .mp3 form (or even better, use .ogg). http://www.cdex.n3.net/ is a good program. All it does is rip / convert sound files.

blue_midget192
11-17-2003, 04:01 PM
oo i had this on my old computer but i couldn't get it to work, thanks :)