PDA

View Full Version : ff3?

Dark S0ul
11-17-2003, 02:39 AM
k, so i'm playing ff3j. the job thing, you use those c points to get jobs right. and at the beigngin you only have the jobs for the guys from ff1 basicly. do you get more jobs? should i assign jobs right away? can you go to other jobs later? wtf?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-17-2003, 03:12 AM
You get more jobs as the plot progresses, just like in FFV. And yes, you can always change jobs provided you have enough capacity points.

Dark S0ul
11-17-2003, 05:38 AM
what kinda of stuff crosses over? like, i assume a black mage cant turn into a white wizzard or anything. does the first job you pick set the certain paths of jobs yo can aquire

DocFrance
11-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Once you pick a class at the beginning, you can still change to another class, just like in FFV. Only thing is, it costs more Capacity points to change to other classes, like it would cost more to change from a Fighter to a Black Wizard than to change from a Fighter to a Monk. As a character's Job Skill goes up, the cost of changing jobs goes down. So if a character has a Fighter Job skill of 4, the cost of changing into a Fighter from any other class decreases by 3 (4 minus 1). Another thing to point out is that you don't get any special abilities from classes that you can carry over to other classes like in FFV. However, a character's HP stays the same - it doesn't change when you switch classes, though leveling up with some classes will increase it more than others.

Lord Chainsaw
11-18-2003, 01:53 AM
The thing that really irks me about FF3 is the fact that they basically force you to play some jobs even if you dont want them.

ME: But I don't like black mages, I think they suck!

THE GAME: I don't give, I'm gonna force you to use Black Mages on Hyne, so deal with it!

ME: Noooooooo!!!!!!