PDA

View Full Version : Looking for FFIX download

LionHart
11-17-2003, 04:22 AM
I can't find this game anywhere and I don't have 20 or 30 bucks to spend for it, so does anyone know where I can download a rom or maybe a version I can burn to a CD to play on the PS? Mainly i'm looking for a rom. Thanks.

Rostum
11-17-2003, 04:41 AM
You can't find ROM's for PSX games. You can find ISO files though, which would be 4 of them for FFIX, and are possibly 600mb each. Even then you'd probably need to use an emulator which won't run the game properly.

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong? I'm pretty sure though. Just go out and spend the money, it's not much for a good game after all.

MecaKane
11-17-2003, 04:55 AM
EDIT: I can't read. ;_;

try DC or suprnova

Rostum
11-17-2003, 05:35 AM
Heh, we're in FF9 here, not FF11. Yeah we get mixed up with the roman numerals sometimes.

With FF9, you can get a copied version and play it offline, but you won't want to download it. With FF11, there's over 6gb's to download if you ever want to download it then, and even THEN you can't play it because you need to register an account with PlayOnline and you won't pass that, then you'll be screwed.

Edgar
11-17-2003, 07:57 AM
Have you tried shipping? Or do you not have credit card?

LionHart
11-18-2003, 03:08 AM
No, I don't have a credit card. I'm not old enough. Anyway I'm not looking for a PC version. I'm just looking for the regular PSX game. Maybe I'll go out and buy it later in life. Right now I don't have job so I'm not getting any money and any money I do get I have to spend for school or gas for my truck. Oh well. Thanks though. If anyone has any more info for me that'd be great.

DocFrance
11-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Well, I can tell you that it's a good enough game to not warrant ripping off the company that made it.

Vaan
11-20-2003, 07:27 AM
I would never assist in the piracy of FF games.
Do you want SQUARE to go under?
That would mean no more FF games and I would have to hunt you down and force you to watch FF:TSW for a consecutive 24 hours back-to-back.

Piracy of anything FF is pure blasphemy! :frust:

TheAbominatrix
11-20-2003, 07:34 AM
Square is not going to go under from people pirating old games.

DocFrance
11-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
Square is not going to go under from people pirating old games. If everybody thinks that way, they will.

Rainecloud
11-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Just buy it, you'll realise that it's worth the money if you do.

Xander
11-20-2003, 10:34 PM
FFIX is worth buying a Playstation alone for! I let my friend keep my copy of FFIX so I could buy a new non-platinum one. Heck I'd buy FFIX for any of my friends just to show them what a wonderful game it is :D

Anyway I know you don't wanna buy it you said, but... you should be able to get it pretty cheap, VERY cheap pre-owned, and for the hours you may spend playing it, it's very worth it ;)

Shoyku
11-20-2003, 10:58 PM
FFIX isn't old, either.

TheAbominatrix
11-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
If everybody thinks that way, they will.

Yes, a multimillion dollar coporation will go down from the small amount of people that pirate games. If this was true, they'd be down by now.

These are older games, they arent counting on the revenue from them anymore.

Daydrius
11-21-2003, 01:27 AM
I love FFIX and XI, but it all started when I got a SNES and a copy of FFVI for one of my birthdays... now, save up the money, and then show everyone that you got a very good game with some well speant money, and tell everyone else to experience the greatness of any FF game.

DocFrance
11-21-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
Yes, a multimillion dollar coporation will go down from the small amount of people that pirate games. If this was true, they'd be down by now.

These are older games, they arent counting on the revenue from them anymore. I'm not talking about only the small amount of people who pirate games. I'm talking about everybody. If everybody who wanted to play FFIX decided to download it instead of buying it (and they more than likely can), then Square wouldn't get anything for the fine product the made.

And yes, it's still stealing.

TheAbominatrix
11-21-2003, 02:15 AM
Never said it wasnt stealing, and not everyone is going to do it. There's no reason for Vaan to freak out about it.

Vaan
11-21-2003, 02:53 AM
I have every reason to freak out about it. For everyone who pirates these games Square Enix gets cheated out of profits. (remember you can still buy this game in stores!) And it's not just that. It's not right-- you really shouldn't cheat a company that brings you great things. Final Fantasy IX is a game worthy of legal purchase.

TheAbominatrix
11-21-2003, 03:04 AM
So on that same token, you shouldnt let your friends borrow games or lend your own out, right?

Vaan
11-21-2003, 03:22 AM
That's different. Once you legally buy something you can do anything with it-- sell it-- whatever. Why is this so hard? just don't pirate, it's not going to do any good for them and it won't be good for you. What's so good about owning bootleg products? That's just not cool.

DocFrance
11-21-2003, 06:11 AM
If you lend it to a friend, you can't use it, so it's still legal. If you copy the game and give the copy to a friend, that's illegal. However, if you once owned the game, but lost it, copying it from a friend or downloading would be legal, although a bit sketchy.

TheAbominatrix
11-21-2003, 06:18 AM
But lending it to a friend doesnt give the company the revenue it would get if the friend went out and bought it, Vaan.

And what's so good about piracy? It's free. Duh.

DocFrance
11-21-2003, 06:23 AM
No, the company gets the revenue from you yourself buying it. The company produces one copy, and you pay the company for one copy. Any trading beyond that, as long as it doesn't involve copying, has no effect on the company that made the game.

Piracy is free, but it's also illegal and, to most people, immoral. Are you going to go down to a Best Buy, grab a copy of FFIX, and walk out with it? It's the same exact thing.

Vaan
11-22-2003, 07:18 AM
I am glad see you eye-to-eye with me, DocFrance. See Abominatrix, he sees the light-- why can't you?

DocFrance
11-22-2003, 07:51 AM
Well, for one, I'm pretty sure that Abominatrix is a she. For two, it's her opinion and her choice - she doesn't have to "see the light" if she doesn't want to. Besides, this isn't about who is right and who is wrong - this is just a debate about a very sensitive topic these days.

Vaan
11-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Uh oh... everyones getting annoyed with me :lol:
You're right DocFrance, I'm sorry for so forcefully telling TheAbominatrix what's right and wrong, and it's totally true that she has a right to her own opinion. And DocFrance, in my post where I put "he" I meant YOU not HER (if, that is Abominatrix, you are indeed a she). Sorry about the corniness in my fight against piracy.
"he sees the light-- why can't you..."
...Man I can say dumb things :)

DocFrance
11-22-2003, 05:30 PM
It's cool, it's cool.

LionHart
11-26-2003, 03:38 PM
I got a question for PSX games that you can download. I found one that isn't FF9, but I want to play. I read up on burning them to a CD to play on the PSX console but that is rarely ever works. Is there any way that I can extract the iso from the nero image and play on my computer?

Ex-Caliber
11-27-2003, 01:57 AM
I have the answers for you LionHart. If you want to play your PSX game that you downloaded all you need is a PSX emulator. PSX emulators are not too popular because they are a little harder to set-up because there much more technical than Super Nintendo. Anyway to get the best emulator out there go to http://www.epsxe.com There are others out there but this one is the best. Anyway after you download the program you will need 2 things... The Bios images and the plugins. Go here http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins to get the plugins for the emulator If you rnot quite sure which ones to get go with the ones will full ratings. As for the Bios images you will just have to surf around for them. And yes you have to have them to get the emulator to run. To run games you can either use the ISO's or run cds's both burned and actual. Well I hope that solves your problems and others who may be in the same situation. If you have any questions let me know.

Vaan
11-27-2003, 09:04 AM
God NO, DON'T READ IT!!! CLOSE YOUR FILTHY EYES!.. ahem, sorry got a little carried away (Urge..to kill..rising...).

TheAbominatrix
11-27-2003, 09:14 AM
Darn I forgot the check this thread.

Anyway, my point DocFrance, getting the game off the internet is the same as borrowing it, because someone paid for it in the first place to copy it onto the net. My overall point to Vaan is, if people are gonna pirate they're gonna pirate. Some people don't have the money, the time, or even the want to pay for certain things, and they arent hurting anyone (as I said, very few people pirate compared to those who buy the game, someone already paid for the game they pirated, and Square isnt going to go under from 20 bucks lost). Regardless of the right or wrongs, just don't freak out on people like that. And besides, if you want someone to empathize with your point, yelling at them doesnt help much. :)

Anyway, Square does need fans that arent at all willing to pirate, and we all are entitled to our opinions. Just dont worry so much about other people. And yes, I am a girl, I know the screen name is confusing. :D

DocFrance
11-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Ya know, this discussion probably isn't going to go anywhere - we both have equally valid points. I'm not too interested in carrying this on, are you? Pointing out someone's moral faults leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Vaan
11-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Don't worry Abominatrix, I DO respect your opinion.
But still...(Urge...to kill...rising...) :lol:

TheAbominatrix
11-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Nah, I just wanted to make sure I squared things out and didnt just bail on the convo.

And Vaan, don't make me get the hose!

Rostum
11-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Either way, unless you have a high speed broadband... don't bother downloading ISO files. :P

Vaan
12-01-2003, 09:35 AM
don't make me get the hose!
Heh heh. You're funny.