PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass

jazee
11-17-2003, 09:44 PM
I was wanting to about multiclassing. Like what are the benafits are and if you do can you still use spells and such in the other class, and how do you go about doing it. if you could post it or send me an email about it it would be most welcome. Thanks

Flying Mullet
11-17-2003, 10:04 PM
First off, yes, it is very beneficial. The way it works is at level 18 you can get a quest to get a sub-class. After this you can main-class and sub-class any two classes you want. Just remember that the maximum level your sub class can be is half of your main class' level. For example if you are a level 30 Black Mage main-job, any sub-job that you pick can have a maximum level of 15, as that is half of the main-job's level. So if you are a level 30 Black Mage and a level 10 White Mage, making the Black mage the main-job and the White Mage the sub-job will give you a level 30 Black Mage and a level 10 White Mage. But if you make the White Mage the main job and the Black Mage the subjob, you will have a level 10 White Mage main job and a level 5 Black Mage sub job. Just remember that your sub job's level will either be half of your main job's level or the sub job's level, whichever is lower.

And you get all of the abilities and such of your subjob up to that level. So again, if you have the level 30 Black Mage and the level 10 White Mage, and you make the White Mage your main job and the Black Mage your sub job, you will get a level 10 White Mage and a level 5 Black Mage, so you will only get the abilities of each class up to their respective levels(10 White Mage, 5 Black Mage).

Another benefit is that you will get class-reflective stat bonuses from your subjob. So if your subjob is a Black Mage, you will get magic type stat bonuses(magic points, intelligence, etc...) white if your subjob is a Monk you will get physical type stat bonuses(hit points, strength, etc...)

Hope this helps.

Rostum
11-18-2003, 02:16 AM
Yes, that's true Flying Mullet. Also, I know some people get this mixed up, when you have a main-job and a sub-job, it does not mean your sub-job will automaticall be half the level of your main, you still need to level up your sub-job.

Also, you cannot use the 2 hour ability of your sub-job.