PDA

View Full Version : Execution!

Enoki
11-17-2003, 11:41 PM
Whats with the execution site ambush battle? Its 9 on 5 for cryin' out loud! I get creamed everytime no matter what i do. Can i get some advice?

Flying Mullet
11-17-2003, 11:52 PM
Earn levels and more abilities. Summoners with the "Short Charge" ability are very useful in this battle. Also, the more sword skill abilities of Agrias' that you can learn, the better.

Enoki
11-18-2003, 12:17 AM
Well thanks but Im already fightin as many random battles as i can i was hoping for more strategy oriented advice but thanks anyway.

DocFrance
11-18-2003, 01:32 AM
Mustadio's Snipe abilities can be pretty useful if they hit. Agrias's Holy Sword skills can be good for medium-range attacks, especially if Stasis Sword manages to stop someone. And if you have a good knight or thief, you can use him to break or steal weapons, like... oh, let's say Gafgarion's. Gafgarion - sword = useless.

Enoki
11-18-2003, 02:37 AM
Well thanks for the advice, but ive actually decided to completly restart the game because i havent been strategic enough and i know i can do better if i restart

Sasquatch
11-18-2003, 07:18 AM
This is the same battle that stopped me the first time I played FFT. It's pretty difficult, I'll definitely give you that.

If I remember correctly, the team I beat him with was Ramza, Agrias, and an archer in my first squad, and my second squad was a lancer and a wizard.

Edgar
11-19-2003, 04:02 PM
It took me 2 tries. My party's average level is 16 at that time. I remember bringing a Black Chocobo and it helped me some how...can't remember...

Ah, I remember now. I flew and bite the Time Mage's heads off (with a knight on its back)

Destruction666
11-20-2003, 08:08 AM
Make Ramza a Ninja, give him Battle Skill, and battle
boots. There is a very good chance that as soon as the
battle begins Ramza will be able to run up to Gafgarion
and break his sword and possibly do some damage too.
also to the group you should put a Chemist. Since Ninja
isn't exactly the pinnacle of self defence, Ramza will
need the Hp boost's
In the 2'nd team you should put Agrias and a Lancer
with Ignorer Hight. Stasis sword (which ignors hight
already) and the Lancer's Power + Ignore hight makes
you able to attack the Time Mages and Kinght's on the
top row much easier.

Zifnab
11-26-2003, 03:30 PM
I fought this battle about 30 times, and each time I didn't hardly get a look in.
Trust me when I say go all out on the Time Mages first. I only did that once and it happened to be my winning battle. The rest is just going after whoever happens to be nearest. Gafgarion was actually the second to last enemy to die, followed by the archer furthest away from the start point.

Outsider
11-26-2003, 03:54 PM
... I never had much trouble in this fight... I remember Ramza was a monk (Chakra, Revive and Earth Slash), and he had Guts...

I remember I used Agrias, Mustadio, a Lancer and a White Mage (with Short Charge).

I guess this fight is not so hard once you finish Gafgarion, so try to kill him as fast as you can

Sasquatch
11-27-2003, 04:47 AM
For the first couple chapters, I had Battle Boots on all of my characters.

Avalon_Beouvle07
11-28-2003, 06:22 PM
This battle was incredibly hard for me too. It took me a while....you just really have to play your cards right. Use not just your strongest teammates but the most helpful as well. Make sure you can revive your units without having them knocked right back down again or disappear. Protect the weakest ones that can help out a lot. Ramza's abilities depend on what birthday you gave him-when I played through it first, he was born in June and turned out to be a great monk. Second time around he was born in Christmas and made an amazing Wizard. Whatever your birthday is, make the best use of your abilities. If doing a lot of random battles hasn't help to develop your abilities, then improvise.:)

DeBlayde
12-12-2003, 06:33 PM
my strategy has always been to kill the time magi first, then Gafgarion, and so on.

i'll have 2 magi in my second party accompanying Mustiado who is usually a knight at this point, and would fry Magi on the upper level with whatever spells I have at that point while sending Mustiado upstairs to beat down wussy magic-losers.

agrias and ramza, meanwhile, are dealing with Gafgarion and the other two knights. I also place my strongest knight in this party as well since armor is good for this battle.

i make sure that everybody has the item ability and plenty of Phoenix Downs.

CrimsonD
03-17-2004, 03:13 AM
I just got to this battle and finished it. It took me an hour and 1/2 to beat it. I had in first squad ramza agrias and a summoner. Second was a lancer and white mage. I got lucky and stopped gaf at the start and broke his weapon. I killed him but I was taking lots of damage. Summoner was extreamly useful with fariy. My other party just ran like hell towards my first and we played defense from there. Time mages are the only healers so take them out fast.

EternalBahamut
03-17-2004, 10:17 PM
I don't remember having too maky problems either. Definately kill the time mage first and be well leveled up and should be fine.

DocFrance
03-17-2004, 10:52 PM
The two primary objectives in this fight should be to kill the Time Mage, and to disable Gafgarion in any way possible - hit him with Don't Act or Stop, or break or steal his sword.

Rei
03-17-2004, 11:39 PM
I used Ramza as a Knight, Agrias, a White Mage with Black Magic, a Monk, and a Geomancer. I don't think I was at a high level. I went after Gafgarion with the first three right away. The knights didn't bother me too much because I had counter and they didn't do too much damage. I had the Monk and Geomancer move towards the guillotine and attack whatver target was nearby. The Time Mages missed with all of their Hastes, so I guess I lucked out.

After Gafgarion and the Knights were gone, it was a mop-up operation.

Tetra
03-20-2004, 04:43 AM
I believe for this battle I had Ramza as a Knight with his all poweful Squire Skills. Agrias, As a knight with all holy sword skills learned (i'm not sure if I had her using knight's skills or samurai skills... I think it was the samuria because you can get a couple katanas by this point). Then I had a black mage, with math skills - it let me put all the enemies to sleep (all of them) - made it real easy for my ninja with thief skills to steal Gaffies weapon :) Taking out his weapon is a must for this battle. I also had a dancer with the math skill I could have used - but as it was... it was over kill. They never had a snow flakes chance in hell.

Jumpoffabuilding
04-09-2004, 12:50 AM
This battle was pretty easy for me. I useualy have Ramza as a Lancer with
-Jump
-Guts
-Hamedo
-Two Hands
-Move+2
If your having a hard time leveling up all you need to do is go into a Random battle and kill all but one enemy and charm it or something or just let it hit you but dont kill it and have everyone that knows acumulate just keep doing it untill u have a large amount of JP or gain as many levels as u want Its up to u.

Going into this battle I had Ramza Lancer, a Monk, Chemest, Summoner, and Agrias. The reason for the lancer is so you can kill Gafgarion as faast as you can and with two hands you can take alot.
First I Kill Gafgarion. The rest you can kill in any order but I suggest you kill the time wizards as fast as you can. But Gafgarion must go first or you can play around with him and steal his blood sword and watch him run around and save him for last thats always fun...

AaronD
05-20-2004, 04:22 AM
Agrias with Lightning strike is the best...save up for it and cast on the mages hopefully u will silence them...i usually take out the knights near the execution spot with gaf...they deal lots of damage so kill them off first

Jolts
05-20-2004, 07:07 AM
Easy, just equip Agrias with a Chaos Blade and...oh wait...you'd have to cheat for that. Nevermind, don't cheat, that's bad :lol:.
:strut: :shoot:

cheer
05-20-2004, 09:26 AM
uhm me i made ramza , a monk, go after gafgarion -to quote a walkthrough author, "gafgarion without his sword is like a martini without an olive >D", then a summoner to cast titan/ramuh on peeps on the ground with a knight to protect him. Agrias and Mustadio traversed the area and killed the annoying time mages on top, Agrias also backed Ramza and the summoner up with her ranged sword skills while making her way to the mages. Mustadio, after killing the mages on top can pick everyone else off.;D

Catman
06-10-2004, 11:07 AM
i too have stopped there... ramza is at level 24 but he deals only 32 damage to gafgarion! i once won, but everybody except from ramza died and he was at 10 life... My avarage level is at 18/19, is that ok? i don't have any good mages.. only knights and an archer.

gotenks_2322
06-12-2004, 04:33 AM
just turn everyone into monks. leave them like that for the rest of the game :). This place was a breeze considering the knights couldnt hit(hamedo), and gafgarion was made short work of(earth fist from each monk). i think i cleared this place with my highest character being 6 lvls behind their lvl. monks rule! :rock:

Dark Falken
06-13-2005, 09:08 PM
I had a little difficulty with this one too. I ended up sending everyone up on the wall right away. This meant I could chew on the time mages and control who could get up there by blocking the two walkways. Gafgarion was my only real problem as he can target ya up there. Most of my people can use Phoenix Downs, so I was able to keep my team alive. Eventually we were able to wear down all the other enemies and then, with everyone dead, we were all able to concentrate on Gafgarion. It was a nasty fight, but you can do it without having to level way up if you use the wall to your advantage and be sure to take out the time mages as soon as you can.

I hope that is helpful to someone. :)

Edgar
06-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Making a monk to handle Gafgarion is a pretty good take. He Dark Sword you, you chakra and run. I highly recommend a monk. For me, Ramza makes a pretty powerful monk.

-N-
06-14-2005, 06:23 PM
1. Disable Gafgarion. Obtain a thief with the appropriate Zodiac sign for best results.
2. Disable Time Mages. Height+Prime Number works, or Agrias's Stasis Sword or Lightning Stab, and pray for a Stop or Silence bonus.
3. You must have high damage characters to mop up the remaining battles. I had a Monk with Two Swords and Revive, a Ninja with Guts, and a Minitaurus my most recent time through, and thoroughly destroyed the battle. Of course, the Calculator and Thief helped too. :p

Ramza-Chemist
06-15-2005, 03:26 PM
well i beat it using

1st squad: Ramza(monk), Calculator, Bard

2nd Squad: Lancer, Ninja

i was like 8 levels higher then i should have been here...so the first thing i did was hit the archer in the little wood box thing with the ninja dealing about 120 dmg. Then i sent Ramza off after Gaffy to deal some dmg. Lancer with the steal skill charmed one of the archers for me. The bard was using battle song cause Ramza/monk+battle song=GG then the calculator did exp forgot what number and turned 1 of the time mages into a frog. From here things got easy. I had the calculator next use Paralyze(Oracle) and it worked on all 3 knights and Gaffy. jumped gaffy and punched him a bit. Ninja got taken out due to low hp but ramza brought her back with a good ol pheonix down
as you can tell i was using a weird group of people, its cause ive beat the game before and now im just messing around

so my advice is....get at least 5 levels higher then you need to be. Dont Act/Dont Move to either gaffy or the knights. quickly remove time mages using Magic/Charm/Silence. The archers wont really prove a problem...id just leave the be unless they get annoying and then you may want to Charm/Kill them.

hope that helps a bit