PDA

View Full Version : FFX- Opinions

Jack
11-18-2003, 07:22 PM
Right........

I'm asking what you thgought about FFX? Post any opinion about it and it can be absolutly anything?
Bad or Good doesn't matter, this is the thread for discussion.

Also, give some reason WHY you have that opinion people, you kinda need reasons in this world?

SomethingBig
11-19-2003, 12:54 AM
I hate it to the bowels of my soul for these reasons (http://gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R49195.html) .

Cloud_AA
11-19-2003, 08:46 PM
i thought it was a great game but i dont think it really compared to FF7 and i also think tactics was better

its graphics were outstanding the battle system was unique and i definately liked the sphere grid. the story line wasnt as good as i hoped but it will pass. and Tidus definately whinned way to much.

Xander
11-19-2003, 09:46 PM
I loved FFX, pretty much simply for the reason that I found it fun, addicting, and enjoyable. I play the FF games with an open mind, for what they are rather than comparing them to the others all the time.

FFX was different, yes but different doesn't equal bad.
I think that too many people fixate on the fact that it had no world map.... world maps are good, yes, but I found the fun in FFX from other means like the battles, sphere grid, general story.

If you want more reasons they are here. (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37835)

Oh and people definately whine about Tidus too much
:rolleyes2

Flying Mullet
11-19-2003, 10:22 PM
It's not my favorite, but I did like the fluid theme in the game. Water plays an important part, and the entire game felt fluid, soft and relaxzed. It definitely is a game that I can play to unwind, it's theraputic for some reason.

eternalshiva
11-20-2003, 09:57 AM
o.O That's also my personal feelings on the game... Very relaxing but the game was too short (story-wise) and the end boss sucked. I DEMAND A BOSS THAT IS DIFFICULT DAMN IT! I didn't spend 200 hours for auto auto-life!! *grumbles*

Silent Warrior
11-20-2003, 10:06 AM
'One of the best'+=1

If there were no Dark Aeons, if Tidus wouldn't have said 'But I want everything', if the quests for the ultimate weapons were even more obscure than FF7's, I would in all likelyhood have declared FFX to be the best.

TheAbominatrix
11-20-2003, 10:13 AM
It did pull me out of the hesitancy I felt over Square, because recently they just hadnt been doing it for me. I liked X very much, not the absolute best but it's certainly up there. It has its faults, but I think the good outshines the bad.

Breine
11-20-2003, 03:31 PM
It's great, but definately not one of the best FF's...

Jack
11-23-2003, 05:50 PM
It was very relaxing, but the only problem, in places that it was TOO relaxing. Other FF, when action was happening or a boss, I'd be really hyped, not so in this one, where it just was boring.

I have more opinions, but I'll save them sav for some more discussion another day:cool:

anymore opinions?

Phantom_Dream
12-29-2003, 10:40 PM
I like to relax. Play blitzball a little, just to calm. Playing Prince Of Persia sure takes a lot out of even someone like me. (A recognized F-Zero GX freak ^.~ Zoom I went 2.8K KMPH again...) And FF9 just.....It scares me all the time. It's crude, it really is crude. you need to concentrate. Blitzball and FFX are easy games for ya.