PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the dragon?! (FFI; Spoilers)

SpikingZero
11-19-2003, 12:00 AM
As we all know in the opening FMV in FFI of Origins that Garland takes on the dragon. Also, at the end of the game, there's a picture of the dragon right next to Garland, not to mention some other shots afterwards.

So, all I have to say is...what's the deal with the dragon? What is its importance? It's not Bahamut, is it...? It can't be.

I'm confused. :(

Garland
11-19-2003, 12:06 AM
The new concensus is that the knight figure isn't Garland at all (much to my dismay, you can imagine), but rather a CG of Amano's concept art for the FF1 Fighter class. The man carries a crystal/orb around his neck as would a lightwarrior. Fighting a dragon is also something a lightwarrior would do, whilst I imagine Garland probably controls or at least gets along with the various evil creatures of the world. I think the dragon is just a generic red dragon; as generic as a generic lightwarrior fighting evil in a generic world with a generic story can be.

SpikingZero
11-19-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Garland
The new concensus is that the knight figure isn't Garland at all (much to my dismay, you can imagine), but rather a CG of Amano's concept art for the FF1 Fighter class.

I don't get it. It wouldn't make much sense since you can make a party without having a Fighter in it.

Sasquatch
11-19-2003, 05:54 AM
I...never thought it was Garland.

Garland
11-19-2003, 06:25 AM
Normally, the dark armor and twin horned helmet throw people in the Garland direction - that, and Garland is one of the few named characters in the game. I can't think of many FMV's that feature a generic character.

Zifnab
11-19-2003, 12:08 PM
There's actually an Amano art called Light VS Dragon (so called in FFOrigin's art section of the Collections), which shows the horned Knight class fighting said dragon.

MJN SEIFER
11-19-2003, 04:39 PM
A picture of Garland is also in the colections and it looks nothing like the guy in the FMV there for it is not him!

Cz
11-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Yeah, FFI Origins' opening FMV is Fighter vs. Dragon. All the concept art of the light warriors contains the character shown in the movie, and it's pretty obvious that the warrior is a fighter. Plus, like MJN Seifer said, when you complete the game, there's a picture of Garland in the collections.

SpikingZero
11-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Okay, whatever, I just wondered if there was an specific reason by showing the Knight fighting the Dragon.

Mr. Graves
11-20-2003, 01:43 AM
Finally, I have the answer to the riddle. Makes sense. I mean, he does have a crystal around his neck...

DJZen
11-29-2003, 04:21 AM
Because.... dragons are evil and...... Light Warriors kill evil..... Or something....

Well, if you want to delve into it, I suppose it could be to show the power of the light warriors/crystals. Let's face it, them dragons are big an' scary.